• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
Should have released it in parts.

Though searching times are good for me I guess for what is the population it works fast, though that it always gets us into uneven lobbies, with party splitting, crashes post and pregame(when two maps have the same count of votes) and texture loading issues are what really bother me

Booshka

99e.gif

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ok? And then after the patch is released and it breaks something else or doesn't fix a majority of the problems like people are expecting it to?

"2 weeks, come on."

Slippery slope. Issues within one launch week, though unacceptable, are manageable in my opinion as it's something that plagues many games. My patience sort of runs out after that time.

Too bad I can't do anything about it, they have my money!

if the patch doesnt work the problem isnt a 2 day delay.

Magni

Had the most fun in a game in a long time, despite being 4v3 and the fact that obviously not a single player had a mic in. Radarless Team Slayer on Chill Out, and most people more or less knew what they were doing. It ended 49-50.

Halo: CE is timeless masterpiece.

I've been playing mostly Big Team Battle cuz that gametype seems to be the only one that actually more often than not matches fair, even teams lol

Omni

Remind me never to buy digital versions of new release games again

Edit. lol this game has crashed to the dashboard twice in the last 5 minutes. It's like it wants me to play something else

Madness

Pretty much cements that these kinds of outsourced collections will be moving in house from now on. Too many variables and problems making it all work it seems.

I don't even mind the delay as much as not knowing what causing all this. If they just come out and say something like "the 1.21 'jigowatt' server we had planned failed, this in turn lead to blah blah" and basically said what the exact problem is, it would be better than "We identified the problem and are trying to fix it". Hopefully it all works.

Pretty much cements that these kinds of outsourced collections will be moving in house from now on. Too many variables and problems making it all work it seems.

I don't even mind the delay as much as not knowing what causing all this. If they just come out and say something like "the 1.21 'jigowatt' server we had planned failed, this in turn lead to blah blah" and basically said what the exact problem is, it would be better than "We identified the problem and are trying to fix it". Hopefully it all works.

I can agree some overall insight would be welcomed but drilling down not so much. Honestly trying to explain the problems in detail would be way worse, like opening some hybrid babushka doll can of worms.

I also seriously doubt outsourcing would be severed, it's not like they sent parts of MCC off to unrelated companies full of monkeys. The outsourcing partners for MCC are literally the same companies who have been developing Halo for a long time and many game versions. In reality those outsourcing companies and staff are the experts.

Also the complexity of the systems/games won't magically lessen without outsourcing.

Booshka

Quick thought on Halo 5, in reference to the Sprint and Shield recharge balance. So Shield recharge is way too fast for Halo 5 under normal circumstances. Now, you won't regen those shields if you are sprinting around, but if you duck into cover and wait a little bit, (about the time it would take you to regain Health in CoD), your shields will quickly regenerate and you can go back to Sprinting around like an asshole. Rinse and repeat the whole match.

So Sprint in Halo 5 needs to be nerfed even harder by making Shield recharge rate slower, the Recharge delay seems alright, but it goes from zero to full way too quickly.

Karl2177

Frank said he would give a post-mortem. I think that would be the best option, rather than say that x is the issue, fix it, and still have problems. Pre-release patch notes would be nice, though.

Just finished Legendary Ce, even got the shield pop glitch to work on Keyes!

Gonna go through all the campaigns on legendary seeing as I've given up on multi.

Seen the updates delayed.

Way to fucking go 343. I'm not even mad, too busy enjoying the masterclass that is CE.

7 days since launch and this game is still a disgrace.

Subcontract spaghetti is probably the root cause. I can imagine one or more contractors not really notifying 343i about how far behind they were until it was too late to derail that marketing train without risking making everything worse.

Just a guess, but surely somebody is never getting keys to the Halomobile ever again.

I can't help but feel the populations are gonna be a problem. A small install base plus I'm sure there's plenty of people who tried this game and brought it back because it didn't work. Huge opportunity to expand the fanbase dramatically, what a shame.

Also pretty ironic that halo 2, the game that pioneered modern console matchmaking and the party system 10 years ago is completely broken in 2014.

Subcontract spaghetti is probably the root cause. I can imagine one or more contractors not really notifying 343i about how far behind they were until it was too late to derail that marketing train without risking making everything worse.

Just a guess, but surely somebody is never getting keys to the Halomobile ever again.

TBPF, I keep expecting to hear that that somebody is getting sued.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the poor project managers who have to keep all the subcontracts and interdependencies in-line.

Then again they probably get paid big $$.

This just in, the MCC is going to suck for even longer. I doubt they are even going to fix the framerate problems in ALL the campaigns and even halo 2 anniversary MP.

I'm pretty sure they are gonna make it functional and ditch it. Can't be bothered, which is why almost every aspect of the game was outsourced to different companies.

I use try to give them the benefit of the doubt but I don't trust them in the slightest anymore. From all the stupid decisions in Halo 4 to this broken promise of a game.

Shame about the delay to the patch, but it'll work wonders for my relationship! ;-)

As a friend of mine said this morning, that reads more like: "Failed first certification".

IHaveIce

Banned
Starting with Halo 2 Heroic solo after not playing Halo for months was a failure it is so hard well not hard just unfair, reminds me not to start Legendary as soon.

Gonna rush through all of them on easy or normal after that.

Halo 2 Anniversary is beautiful though, I've finished Regret yesterday and damn I love the old campaigns so much. Really shows how bad the Promethans in 4 were.

Also had no SP issue or crash for now.

IHaveIce

Banned
legendary halo is best halo
Not Halo 2 though.

Bullet sponges that make everything besides a plasma pistol and scopable weapon redundant and aimbot snipers that know exactly which corner you will peak out before you do

Edit: thinking about it I think Legendary is never the best except in Halo CE,Halo 3 and ODST.

Reach, Wars and Halo 4 were all just dumb not harder just unfairer. The enemies turned to all knowing bullet sponges that will try to dodge everything before you do it.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
Well CS:GO has ADS on some weapons...
To my knowledge the few weapons in CS with ADS still function exactly the same. It is more akin to scoping with the BR except as there is no aim assist there is no change at all other than being zoomed in. The main problem with CoD ADS is that it increases accuracy.

This just in, the MCC is going to suck for even longer. I doubt they are even going to fix the framerate problems in ALL the campaigns and even halo 2 anniversary MP.

I'm pretty sure they are gonna make it functional and ditch it. Can't be bothered, which is why almost every aspect of the game was outsourced to different companies.

I use try to give them the benefit of the doubt but I don't trust them in the slightest anymore. From all the stupid decisions in Halo 4 to this broken promise of a game.

Pretty much. No hope for Halo 5

I probably need to call Microsoft support because my time for getting a refund is probably running out. I've had it 8 days and played 10 games. Not full ones, either. Or even teams. Just 10 games I've managed to get in to

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Just finished halo 4 today. Still think it has a pretty good story and all, but Prometheans are pretty terrible thus far.

Especially in gameplay, massive damage sponges. And even though you can counter the teleport and insta-kill hits the knights do, I still think it's a dumb mechanic.

FyreWulff

Maybe it would be a good idea to make the Halo 5 beta open at this point.

Give MCC owners like, the first week to themselves since they were promised access to it via the MCC, and then open it up until the end for everyone.

Captain Friendo

Neo Member

Give MCC owners like, the first week to themselves since they were promised access to it via the MCC, and then open it up until the end for everyone.

Seems like a bigger slap in the face to mcc owners after all that's happened this week.

MouldyK

Why would you open your Beta up to non-purchase people?

People who did not purchase the game did not lose anything. Extending the Halo 5 Beta would be better.

FyreWulff

Seems like a bigger slap in the face to mcc owners after all that's happened this week.

Why would you open your Beta up to non-purchase people?

People who did not purchase the game did not lose anything. Extending the Halo 5 Beta would be better.

Because at this point letting everyone they've sold a One to play the game without having to put money down on a game launched like this would go a long way towards rebuilding trust?

I'm already operating from the point that all betas should be open. Just give an exclusive bonus to anyone that plays in the MCC-only beta period or plays via the MCC. It isn't that hard.

If Activision can let Bungie make Destiny an open beta in the last week, I think Microsoft could manage to let 343 do something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom