• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
pJ0vTqF.gif

Halo 4 appears to be a mix of pre-turbo and post-turbo values. The carbine is an 8 shot, pre-tu, but the boltshot appears to have the range nerf of post-tu. Strange.

Are there any decent good quality Halo action figure type things that I can buy online? Like Halo Reach/ H3/ H2A or whatever else.

I've got this preordered

but it doesn't release until Feb which isn't ideal for what I need
The only other decent MC figure is the 1/6 Scale MC by ThreeA. It's up for PO now at $240 through their site or at $215 at BBTS.

Might pick up the Play Arts MC that you pictured as well. Articulation on that looks great.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems like you need a figure quickly? This one doesn't ship until around March 2015.

O2XrADx.png

GBKQw06.png

Pop

I bought an Xbone for MCC. I'm not really upset but more disappointed by the lack of a smoother launch.

Can't do anything about it besides wait on 343i to get this shit corrected.

There is an aggravatingly high number of quitters in this game. Makes me wish join in progress existed. Maybe it's just due to players' games crashing though.

Well the only quitters I've seen were when the teams were uneven on a large map like hang em high.

I understand that as a match like that isn't fun for either team.

Still annoying to have to wait or quit yourself though.

GrizzNKev

Banned
JIP quit culture has ruined the games I actually get into. Every time we go down by more than like 5 points my whole team quits.

They've been conditioned by the likes of CoD and Battlefield that quitting is inconsequential and they assume they'll just be replaced. Fuck modern FPS.

Karl2177

Halo 4 appears to be a mix of pre-turbo and post-turbo values. The carbine is an 8 shot, pre-tu, but the boltshot appears to have the range nerf of post-tu. Strange.

Not strange. Think of TU and Turbo as different things. TU added Megalo hooks to change stuff like damage, as well as decreasing the range on the Boltshot. Turbo is the gametype changes that utilize the new Megalo hooks.

jelly

Really, Halo 5 should be delayed until 2016. I imagine right now 343 is probably split between Halo 5 work and fixing MCC. Put Halo 5 on the shelf for 6 months, let 343 focus on just fixing Master Chief Collection. Halo 5 will sell perfectly fine if it's not in the November launch window, Microsoft, hell it might sell better that way. Also putting Halo 5 on the shelf temporarily will probably give more people confidence about Halo 5's quality - because pooling one dev team between fixing one game and making another is only going to hurt both.

Publishers need to delay when games aren't finished and spread games over the year. Halo has always been November but who cares really. Go for quiet domination in Jan-March while giving a teaser slice of the action in Nov-Dec. Let COD, BF, AC do their thing and hit when the iron is bored a few months later giving you a long tail to your game rather than being dropped for those 3rd party titles soon after launch.

Overdoziz

Banned
JIP quit culture has ruined the games I actually get into. Every time we go down by more than like 5 points my whole team quits.

They've been conditioned by the likes of CoD and Battlefield that quitting is inconsequential and they assume they'll just be replaced. Fuck modern FPS.
Could just be people losing connection to the host. I've had it happen several times already.

BigShow36

Why are you playing Team Slayer then?

You mean, "Why are people who want to play Halo 3 playing the TS playlist when there is literally a playlist devoted to Halo 3?" Right?

-_-

You really can't put it up with it for a single match? Gotta ruin everyone else's game?

I played it for one match, and the FOV is so bad it literally makes me dizzy. That's not even mentioning the terrible gameplay.

Because CE is such a fine experience with dat netcode.

I would rather play PP starts Halo CE than a game of Halo 3.

That's fucking lame

No, what's fucking lame is that CE players don't have a playlist so we're forced into the TS playlist, and then people vote for Halo 3, despite there being a dedicated Halo 3 playlist.

Then I'm worried about you fam. Halo 3 might suck but it works a hell of a lot better than CE. I swear the CE snobs are the worst
No, what's fucking lame is that CE players don't have a playlist so we're forced into the TS playlist, and then people vote for Halo 3, despite there being a dedicated Halo 3 playlist.
That's understandable. I feel the same when Halo 4 gets voted. But jesus you won't play a single match? I really would not be bothered to reset the Xbox

Again I have to ask. Why even play MM. Just wait. Eventually they will fix this disaster.

I mean the game is so fucked, what's the difference with at least having a CE playlist for the people who are willing to suffer through broken MM.

The fact they launched the game with no Ce playlist is even dumber.

tootsi666

Maybe people who vote for Halo 3 actually like it as much as they like CE/2? Maybe they want to play all three games back to back? They can vote Halo 3 just like you can vote CE.

icepack_onbutthole.jpg

------

Damn that flag was close, I hadn't played CE against remotely competent opponents in years, will def take awhile to get back into things.

H2 continues to just feel like home.

I am full of so much sad that MM is broken, every match I actually have gotten into has been so good
I really wanted that BTB to work when we tried searching with 8 people ;'[ -- Sorry I wasn't talking, I was in a party with friends who weren't in the game.
343 should port Beaver Creek and Headlong from CEA into H2A.
Would be nice.
You mean, "Why are people who want to play Halo 3 playing the TS playlist when there is literally a playlist devoted to Halo 3?" Right?

I played it for one match, and the FOV is so bad it literally makes me dizzy. That's not even mentioning the terrible gameplay.

SMG/AR starts with motion tracker are ripping this community apart.. Maybe one day life will be fair, but staying in a Halo 3 game without BR starts is just cruel to your soul.

Impala26

343 should port Beaver Creek and Headlong from CEA into H2A.

Can you fairly easily port maps created in different games running different physics/rendering engines though? I'd be all for this, but I can't see how that would be easier to accomplish compared to reconstructing a map from scratch in the new engine.

Can you fairly easily port maps created in different games running different physics/rendering engines though? I'd be all for this, but I can't see how that would be easier to accomplish compared to reconstructing a map from scratch in the new engine.

CEA maps were built for Reach. H4 is a modified reach engine and H2A is just a modified H4. I'm guessing the hardest part would be redoing all the forge things like spawn points and objectives so it works with H2A and that's not even hard.

I don't think the differences from reach to h2a are enough to cause problems. Think about forge, the same pieces from reach are still in h2a.

FyreWulff

It is easy (RELATIVELY SPEAKING, NOT ACCOUNTING FOR LABOR COST) to port Halo content from one version up to the next one.

Especially between the Reach (what those maps were built for) and Halo 4 (which the H2A engine is based off of) engines.

dwells

They'd have to be remakes, not ports - I doubt the assets are high enough quality to look appropriate in H2A.

Ramirez

The big issues are whatever at this point, they're working on them.

HOWEVER, fucking Bloodline being in a 4v4 ranked playlist is a crock of shit and just shows that whoever curates these playlists is fucking clueless.

dwells

I'm sure they'll look fine, in addition to Reflection

I think from a developer standpoint that they're probably not good enough to meet their quality standards for release. They'd probably look passable with H2A lighting and such, but not up to par.

I think from a developer standpoint that they're probably not good enough to meet their quality standards for release. They'd probably look passable with H2A lighting and such, but not up to par.

I think the "well that wouldn't look professional" standpoint kinda went out the window with this bungled release. Give us more maps.

depward

I want to play some multiplayer halo.

I do not have an Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

Would it be best to buy a 360 + (Reach? Halo 4?)?

Looking to primarily play multiplayer.

I want to play some multiplayer halo.

I do not have an Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

Would it be best to buy a 360 + (Reach? Halo 4?)?

Looking to primarily play multiplayer.

I would still go with MCC. It seems like some of H3's biggest problems, like shot registration, have been fixed.

I doubt the same people who worked on nightfall have very much to do with the games.

I know, I just mean as a general focus of the company. They're trying to make Halo nuevo Star Wars, which I'm fine with but not at the expense of the core aspect of the franchise. How much better would the MCC be if they put in even half the budget of Nightfall into it starting a year ago?

Caja 117

CE still has the glitch where the game won't end if the other team quits out.

That's so annoying.

The patch came out with problems on its own no doubt about it, this was under the stuff that the patch was going to fix. so basically the patch will need a patch.

I'm really surprised we haven't heard anything from 343 yet.

Bravo aparently tweeted something saying they are aware of whats going on and they will update us ASAP. Im beggining to hate the word "update"

I know, I just mean as a general focus of the company. They're trying to make Halo nuevo Star Wars, which I'm fine with but not at the expense of the core aspect of the franchise. How much better would the MCC be if they put in even half the budget of Nightfall into it starting a year ago?

Not sure what budget has to do with it, though. You're assuming that money was the bottleneck, when we don't have any proof of that, AFAIK. Could be they gave everyone all the money they need and they produced poor results regardless, a la Colonial Marines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom