• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwells

That guy also conflates the OS level Live (chat) parties with in-game parties.

In game parties are never the same as the OS party, even though they share a name, the concept of what players are considered a connected group will always be different from game to game, so it'd be impossible to ever make that an OS-level feature

fraud.

Yeah, I'm calling shenanigans all up in there. I could do a more convincing fake AMA than that one pretty damn easily.

They nailed the Halo 2 Anniversary BR it feels so good. Just copy and paste for Halo 5 please thanks.

Honestly it's suffering from the halo 4 issue. Way to much bullet magnetism. Its one of those situations where if someone shoots me first I lose the br fight guaranteed since its so easy to land shots my only option is to run.

Thank god halo 5 looks like it has severely toned down aim assist / bullet magnetism. Its so annoying that people get free kills for barely having to aim.

Honestly it's suffering from the halo 4 issue. Way to much bullet magnetism. Its one of those situations where if someone shoots me first I lose the br fight guaranteed since its so easy to land shots my only option is to run.

Thank god halo 5 looks like it has severely toned down aim assist / bullet magnetism. Its so annoying that people get free kills for barely having to aim.

Halo 2 has enough bullet magnetism to realign the Poles, they're just staying faithful to the source.

ultimota

Well the point was for it to feel like H2 so it stands to reason it would have massive bullet mag :p

Well whoever it is doesn't know some basic information about either the game or the problem. So I'm not sure he should be speaking about it (actually I am sure he shouldn't) or how the verification is done. But it certainly didn't identify any actual expertise.

Thanks for the comments Stinkles.

All the stuff the guy says is essentially public knowledge or obvious guessing. I could have written those answers.

jem0208

I know 343 are working hard on the MCC, it's obvious from Frankie's posts.

However I don't understand how a patch that was hyped up to solve most of the matchmaking issues can do so little. And even (at least in my case) make it far worse. Before the patch I was consistently finding matches. The wait was long, usually around 2-4 minutes but I was finding them. Since the patch I've found 3.

Also how did the patch end up being over a gigabyte in size? From what I can see it doesn't actually add any new assets to the game. Is that over a gigabyte of code?

I wasn't under the impression the code was going to fix everything by any stretch of the word. From my understanding, it was a proverbial coaster put under a wobbly table leg - while it doesn't actually do a whole lot on the surface, it paves the way for more expansive strides for stability in the future.

Halo 2 has enough bullet magnetism to realign the Poles, they're just staying faithful to the source.

Well the point was for it to feel like H2 so it stands to reason it would have massive bullet mag :p

This is what I figured. I was just praying that they don't listen to anyone saying to carrying this style over to h5 and make it the who shoots first style 2, 2a & h4 are. I guess original 2 wasn't AS bad cause you could double or quad shot a lesser skilled player who shot you first.

343 seems to be working very hard on mcc. I pray h5 beta goes off without a hitch and that things related to the beta arent being affected by these issues with mcc.

played my first Matchmaking rounds today, overall it went much better than expected
had to restart the whole game after each round but apart from that the Matchmaking process went rather smooth
in just one out of 5 times my party got splitted which is acceptable

CE still felt a bit laggy and the no-hitsound still bugs me like crazy, i hope it really is just a bug and will be there again with the next patch in a toned down volume

jem0208

CE still felt a bit laggy and the no-hitsound still bugs me like crazy, i hope it really is just a bug and will be there again with the next patch in a toned down volume

I think it's quite funny how we've gone from "Wtf, that CE beep is so annoying" to being annoyed that it's gone.

I think it's quite funny how we've gone from "Wtf, that CE beep is so annoying" to being annoyed that it's gone.

That was because a lot of people who were complaining about it have not actually played Halo PC to see why that beep is helpful in online games.

Matchmaking continues to be rather solid for me. Hope it picks up for some of you guys soon.

wwm0nkey

You know what I hate about H2A? Vehicles have health again.

Seriously 343, its bad, just tie it back to player health or something else so they aren't useless pieces of paper.

Sephzilla

I know, right? What were they thinking when they remastered that one? And they kept the damn Banshee in!
I honestly think Ascension and Zenith would benefit greatly from adjusted weapon spawns. Getting those sniper rifles away from right next door to the sniper nests would help.

You know what I hate about H2A? Vehicles have health again.

Seriously 343, its bad, just tie it back to player health or something else so they aren't useless pieces of paper.

I prefer vehicle health if

a) Vehicles remain actually tough and

b) They SHOW US OUR VEHICLE HEALTH. No trying to guess by how much smoke is coming off it or some shit.

b is straightforward enough (you'd think), and a could be accomplished by both upping their health and giving them a proper armor value; you shouldn't be able to plink a heavy vehicle to death with small arms.

Karl2177

b) They SHOW US OUR VEHICLE HEALTH. No trying to guess by how much smoke is coming off it or some shit.

b is straightforward enough (you'd think), and a could be accomplished by both upping their health and giving them a proper armor value; you shouldn't be able to plink a heavy vehicle to death with small arms.

Caveat: The sample size is very small: 8 people who had never played a Halo game before.

Of this group 2 out of the 8 people stayed in a vehicle in CE if the health bar was red. If a vehicle was visibly damaged in Halo 2, only 1 player got out. I'd love to do more investigating into it, but I'd need more people that have never played a Halo game and had some experience with FPSs.

That was because a lot of people who were complaining about it have not actually played Halo PC to see why that beep is helpful in online games.

Matchmaking continues to be rather solid for me. Hope it picks up for some of you guys soon.

I mentioned this earlier, but the beep is still there for me in CE but only if I hit someone with a grenade from across the map. It's very faint too. I play with headphones and could just barely hear it.

Matchmaking has definitely improved for me. I'm getting into matches within 2-3 minutes nearly every time. Teams are still uneven most of the time but at least I can play Halo. :p

Madness

This is what I figured. I was just praying that they don't listen to anyone saying to carrying this style over to h5 and make it the who shoots first style 2, 2a & h4 are. I guess original 2 wasn't AS bad cause you could double or quad shot a lesser skilled player who shot you first.

343 seems to be working very hard on mcc. I pray h5 beta goes off without a hitch and that things related to the beta arent being affected by these issues with mcc.

I hope the same. My only concern is, it's the UI, networking and party system of MCC that seems to have the most issues. The H5 beta is connected to all this, even though it is an all new engine, new netcode, and probably isn't on disc and we'll have to download it when it goes live. But unless that H5 button launches an entirely new game or something, wouldn't the same problems affecting H2A, Halo 4 also affect the H5 beta? Somebody like Fyre would know the answer probably.

The one fucking gametype that is so good that's NOT in the master chief collection is INVASION!

It never was in any of the four games BUT IT SHOULD BE!

GloveSlap

People who vote Ascension should be given 3 day bans from Xbox Live. God what an awful map.

Ascension and Lockout are considered classic maps by many, but I have never liked them. People end up camping or getting pinned down for large parts of the match. There is just way too little movement and flow. They work much better for doubles.

antigoon

I wonder how Ogre 2 feels about this. He said the other day that he didn't think Roybox (especially lunchbox) would be competing anymore after he had asked them so he formed his CLG team. Now his 3 other teammates get on EG. He's really good friends with all of those guys too.

BETRAYAL

yo why does pistola still look like he's 15?

They simply have to get the uneven teams and 8 player max fixed, this sucks.
If they can fix it, the games needs to recognize when there is an even number of players found. And if the game has been searching for more than 30 seconds it needs to go ahead and lock the group and start a game. One thing i see is the game tried too hard to fill up the teams. More often than not people start leaving before a game starts even though there was at one point enough people for a 2v2, 3v3, and even 4v4.

I wish it was just toned-down. It's really hard to tell if you are hitting anyone sometimes.

we cannot be the only ones thinking that way, right?
i hope 343i will reintroduce the beep in a lower volume with the next patch, maybe have it so silent that you actually need to concentrate on it or so

-Ryn

Banned
I am not going to post until I have something constructive or meaningful to say. We're literally all hands on deck. I'm posting in the OT to stay sane between rounds of game sessions and note taking. Also I just had three candies for lunch if anyone wants to get super detailed.

The official information and updates will be on Waypoint first.
Thanks for keeping us posted. It's really appreciated.
Good luck to you guys at 343 Frankie.

Thank goodness they sell that here now, those fishies are like crack
Swedish fish shouldn't be as delicous as they are. It's supposed to be like... illegal or something to be that good.

It always irritated me when my tire would get shot and that somehow harmed my shields. I like the idea of vehicle health as well. Just give us back the vehicle health bar ffs. Though they need to be toughened up enough that they aren't so easily wrecked by small arms. I mean if enough shots are fired then sure but the Banshee get wrecked fairly easily from what I recall.

Madness

we cannot be the only ones thinking that way, right?
i hope 343i will reintroduce the beep in a lower volume with the next patch, maybe have it so silent that you actually need to concentrate on it or so

They really can't win though. For almost 2 weeks and well after launch, people were complaining about the audio beep hitmarker nonstop. It's what entire chats on twitch would talk about, people would tell them to get rid of it. Now that they remove it, you've got the other side upset who need the audio hitmarkers etc. Really makes you wonder just how many different sources of suggestions and feedback they get and how they decide what to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom