• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Budgets always have something to do with it, they're a business. With a bigger budget, they could have hired more software engineers earlier and fixed these problems during development rather than post-release.

That being said, and Colonial Marines is an example of this, you also need to make sure that the money being spent is being spent well, especially if you are contracting out the work to a different company.

I mean, I'm pretty sure they did almost all of the Halo 4 campaign, and Spartan Ops, and Halo 5 (which it sounds like has much more if not all of the multiplayer in-house now). Outsourcing isn't unique to 343i at all but I think MCC is way above the usual amount for AAA (correct me if I'm wrong).

I think they probably though eh, this project is relatively easy, we can just let all these other studios work on it so we can concentrate internally on Halo 5.

That's what I mean, though. If whoever was misspending the money, throwing more money at the problem wouldn't help.

Finaj

a76K63s.png

smik

Hey halo gaf

Is there a halo customs friends list going? Want to play some customs or mostly halo 4

Also quick question why arent all the maps + dlc in the playlist and just a select few?

Thanks

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
To be honest, if I was him I'd avoid gaming side right now as well

I am not going to post until I have something constructive or meaningful to say. We're literally all hands on deck. I'm posting in the OT to stay sane between rounds of game sessions and note taking. Also I just had three candies for lunch if anyone wants to get super detailed.

The official information and updates will be on Waypoint first.

Sephzilla

I am not going to post until I have something constructive or meaningful to say. We're literally all hands on deck. I'm posting in the OT to stay sane between rounds of game sessions and note taking. Also I just had three candies for lunch if anyone wants to get super detailed.

Totally understandable, good luck Frankie!

belushy

Banned

caramel?

Impala26

I think it speaks wonders that many of the faithful have been echoing "I'm not even angry anymore, I'm just sad." Despite this broken launch Frankie, there are droves of us that just want to play Halo. Sucked that this is how it launched, but we're pulling for all the hard working guys and gals over there at 343 to right the ship.

#BELIEVE

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm just gonna put out the suggestion that maybe Halo games shouldn't have 4+ devs anymore.

Sounds crazy enough to work.

I think it speaks wonders that many of the faithful have been echoing "I'm not even angry anymore, I'm just sad." Despite this broken launch Frankie, there are droves of us that just want to play Halo. Sucked that this is how it launched, but we're pulling for all the hard working guys and gals over there at 343 to right the ship.

#BELIEVE
Yeah its been a rough launch but i think the game can finish strong. Im still getting into matches myself. Havent had any issues with the campaign. Just keep the fixes coming and people will calm down eventually.

I'm just gonna put out the suggestion that maybe Halo games shouldn't have 4+ devs anymore.

Sounds crazy enough to work.
If people wanted this game to come out before halo 5, as in before 2016, then it needed the extra devs. Gotta looks at whats possible and not possible. If 343 gets through this, theyll be better for it should they ever try something like a 4 game collection again.

Mesonak

Godspeed, Frankie. I wish you and the rest of 343 the best of luck in salvaging this catastrophe.

Considering the current situation I dont see a corporation as big as MS aproving an open comunication like this.

Even if they did approve it, there's sure to be a PR rep that approves what can be discussed, and what's "proprietary" or "trade secret".

"Yeah, see? My dev copy from my dev development of the dev game dev keeps getting this 'untracked build, unable to upload' command prompt error. No way a retail copy's going to do something like that. I'm legit, guys."

Yeah, mod verified means shit in this instance. He could be a literal boot shiner. Like, he shines the assets' boots for release. Or something.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It does say "mod verified" now.

Well whoever it is doesn't know some basic information about either the game or the problem. So I'm not sure he should be speaking about it (actually I am sure he shouldn't) or how the verification is done. But it certainly didn't identify any actual expertise.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Well whoever it is doesn't know some basic information about either the game or the problem. So I'm not sure he should be speaking about it (actually I am sure he shouldn't) or how the verification is done. But it certainly didn't identify any actual expertise.

Maybe it's a janitor at Sabre.

random fun fact. one of my biggest stories at work started with an anonymous tip from a janitor.

Omni

What's the feasibility of them patching in a safe zone for the HUD in Halo 2? 'cause it was in the PC version

Every other game HUD is fine. Just H2's clips and it's very distracting

FyreWulff

literally anyone can mod a subreddit, so 'mod verified' really doesn't mean much outside of the high profile subreddits, and even in those, barely

Frank, I'm sure that ama is bullshit.

We don't need apologies and sorrys. Clearly a lot of people are disappointed in this game. A lot of us spent 450$/€ on it. Obviously you're well aware of all this.

I think a frank explanation of what's actually happening would do wonders for the rage going on. Just be honest, even if it's bad news.

It's pretty clear a lot of us are gonna stick around until it's sorted.

Ya gotta start communicating, even if it's answers you don't think we want or its something you don't feel is substantial enough.

FyreWulff

That guy also conflates the OS level Live (chat) parties with in-game parties.

In game parties are never the same as the OS party, even though they share a name, the concept of what players are considered a connected group will always be different from game to game, so it'd be impossible to ever make that an OS-level feature

fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom