• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Akai__

People say 6-10 are good, but I still think they're really bad after replaying a few of them.

There is no mission, that I can even remember being good. Heck, I don't even remember any mission at all.

Worst part is, that you have to play through them solo Legendary for an achievement, so it's just:

Kill some enemies -> press buttons -> kill more enemies -> die and respawn -> kill more enemies -> press more buttons -> repeat until mission is done

Sorry, but this mode is the worst mode ever and these achievements are an imposition.

RowdyReverb

There is no mission, that I can even remember being good. Heck, I don't even remember any mission at all.

Worst part is, that you have to play through them solo Legendary for an achievement, so it's just:

Kill some enemies -> press buttons -> kill more enemies -> die and respawn -> kill more enemies -> press more buttons -> repeat until mission is done

Sorry, but this mode is the worst mode ever and these achievements are an imposition.
It's much better with teammates. Solo was always for challenge grindingand never much fun. I can join you this afternoon if you're available

Yeah, ODST and Reach Firefight were much better.

Plus they don't even have matchmaking for SO in MCC.
Not like it would work lol.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
QHADeC8.jpg

oh

What's you're point with this?

Akai__

It's much better with teammates. Solo was always for challenge grindingand never much fun. I can join you this afternoon if you're available

Then I would have to play them twice, because the achievement requires SOLO Legendary. I would rather play them with a coupple people, but 343i is being silly again with these nonsense achievements.

Just look at the other achievements they added. 100 Splatter medals in H2A matchmaking... I mean, what in the actual fuck?

Yeah, ODST and Reach Firefight were much better.

ODST Firefight > Reach Firefight

I played Reach Firefight like once and only for the 1.000.000 point achievement. There was no challenge to it and the maps were terrible.

I almost wish you could choose between unlimited lives and a checkpoint system - if you die somewhere hard to get in Spartan Ops, you can basically say goodbye to whatever you're holding. I also drove the Hog off of the Lich and down a cliff during Seize The Power, expecting a checkpoint to reload me... only to respawn and be short a Hog.

Tawpgun

I was thinking of asking Ram, Tawp, Biggy to backpack me up before beta ends as well. Just to see. But I kind of also want to play against them if that makes sense. That way you can really see where you stand against pro/semi-pro tier players.

Stay scrub tier as long as you can.

Playing against semi pro tier people can be tiring. Some real fun close high level games.... but sometimes you just wanna dong.

Also LOL at snipers spawning every 30 seconds jesus sounds like a disaster. I want more stuff to control on the map also, but the short spawn times are just dumb.

Pretty sure I'm still holding the sniper I picked up after 30 seconds with quite a bit more shots in it.

I think 2 minutes is the minimum time for stuff to respawn. I thought controlling stuff in Reach/3 worked well and those were on 3 minute timers I think.

Then I would have to play them twice, because the achievement requires SOLO Legendary. I would rather play them with a coupple people, but 343i is being silly again with these nonsense achievements.

What? Oh god I think there are like 2 missions you can actually fail if you dont defend the cores enough and you need at least another guy to distract them on the second generator.

Ramirez

Akai__

Getting spawn trapped by Knights and Crawlers with Snipers in one Spartan Ops mission and getting Spawn trapped by Elites with Fuel Rod Guns and Concussion Rifles in an other one.

10010d1372746723-kornheiser_why.jpg

What? Oh god I think there are like 2 missions you can actually fail if you dont defend the cores enough and you need at least another guy to distract them on the second generator.

Tawpgun

Getting spawn trapped by Knights and Crawlers with Snipers in one Spartan Ops mission and getting Spawn trapped by Elites with Fuel Rod Guns and Concussion Rifles in an other one.

Playing SpOps in the first place
bugsjpg.png

Hope 343 revamp all that. It was super underwhelming.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Playing SpOps in the first place
bugsjpg.png

Hope 343 revamp all that. It was super underwhelming.

SpOps was much better as it went, and they stopped re-using maps. A better option would be to bring firefight back, and let users customize it to make their own scenarios. Then 343 could do some officially scenarios and tie some story around it with cutscenes or something.

Fuchsdh

Dat achievement thirst.

I'm only really intent about 100% games with the Halo series, really. I've put my 20 hours in boosting General... on the plus side I made a lot of friends to stave off the boredom.

Spartan Ops is pretty much the same as I remember it. Some good, some bad, mostly just a lot of repetition until the last few chapters. Simply cutting down the missions for each episode to maybe just 3 would probably have resulted in a better product.

I'm still hopeful for a return to episodic story content, with an increased focus on replay value. Limited lives, scoring, et al.

Did you see these?

Also I think we might be getting time of day finally (based on the interview with one of the 343 dudes when they mentioned "new lighting"). Not weather effects though. That'll come when H6 drops.

Didn't they also mention palette swapping? If you can change pieces from generic -> human -> Covenant -> Forerunner, even if only on a map-by-map global basis, that'd be an awesome addition.

-Ryn

Banned
Didn't they also mention palette swapping? If you can change pieces from generic -> human -> Covenant -> Forerunner, even if only on a map-by-map global basis, that'd be an awesome addition.
They did mention pallets yeah.
I don't remember if he said there would be a lot but there is a focus on them at the least.

I buy this Xbox One headset adapter so I can plug my mic into the adapter and my headset into the PC (through which my Xbox One sound is piped). Turns out it doesn't work that way, it only takes headsets that pipe both channels through the same jack. I didn't even know that existed, for fuck's sake. Now I'm stuck with this useless piece of hardware unless I go buy even more adapter cables. That's just ridiculous.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Trifecta.

Someone posted it some where else last night, I found it funny. It tells me to never bother arguing with you, even if you have evolved past that caveman at a keyboard you displayed there. You still think CE is the one and only game to draw from when evolving a new Halo, showcasing that you think your opinion is fact. So...no reason to bother!

So sorry...I look at things from a completely different view than you do. You don't like my opinions, so instead of actually discussing, you choose to insult and bring up a damn gif from years ago...

You fail to realize that in pretty much all of my posts of Halo 5, I've said I enjoy the gameplay mechanics and I think the gun play is spot on. For some reason, you think it's wrong of me to say I'm bored in Halo 5 because it doesn't have static spawning power ups and power weapons.

Sorry to disagree with your idea of fun...and while you may not like my idea of fun, it is fun to me to time and control powerups and power weapons in Halo, which is why I enjoy Halo CE the most because it gives me that feeling of Quake 3, which in my opinion is one of the best designed FPS games of all time.

I don't play shit games just because their new...I actually need to enjoy them.

Akai__

I buy this Xbox One headset adapter so I can plug my mic into the adapter and my headset into the PC (through which my Xbox One sound is piped). Turns out it doesn't work that way, it only takes headsets that pipe both channels through the same jack. I didn't even know that existed, for fuck's sake. Now I'm stuck with this useless piece of hardware unless I go buy even more adapter cables. That's just ridiculous.

I'll never understand, why they can't just make chat work via USB...

Why do I have make my controller three times bigger, than it is already? What's the point of it, because it certainly isn't functional/practical?

Ramirez

So sorry...I look at things from a completely different view than you do. You don't like my opinions, so instead of actually discussing, you choose to insult and bring up a damn gif from years ago...

You fail to realize that in pretty much all of my posts of Halo 5, I've said I enjoy the gameplay mechanics and I think the gun play is spot on. For some reason, you think it's wrong of me to say I'm bored in Halo 5 because it doesn't have static spawning power ups and power weapons.

Sorry to disagree with your idea of fun...and while you may not like my idea of fun, it is fun to me to time and control powerups and power weapons in Halo, which is why I enjoy Halo CE the most because it gives me that feeling of Quake 3, which in my opinion is one of the best designed FPS games of all time.

I don't play shit games just because their new...I actually need to enjoy them.

There's nothing to discuss, your viewpoint is on a very narrow CE path with little to no room for deviation from that formula.

You're the one that started spouting off about people conforming because they actually enjoy the game.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
There's nothing to discuss, your viewpoint is on a very narrow CE path with little to no room for deviation from that formula.

You're the one that started spouting off about people conforming because they actually enjoy the game.

Dude...I said ONE thing that was missing from Halo 5, and that's static timed powerups and a better diversity of power weapons and that's narrow?

Top Bottom