• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

I'll never understand, why they can't just make chat work via USB...

Why do I have make my controller three times bigger, than it is already? What's the point of it, because it certainly isn't functional/practical?

I can't believe I got suckered into buying another useless MS product. I'd need to get another fucking adapter for this shit. I'm gonna see if I can't return it instead.

What the game really needs...is a Boltshot.

post-31458-Jim-Carrey-disgust-puke-gif-Du-5Lr8.gif

Ramirez

Oh, and a Damage Boost powerup to fight over...every 30 seconds to coincide with the snipers that will spawn every 30 seconds. One hit kill body shots for daaaaaays.

Mix

I just went 22-4 and we lost 26-50. I lost like 21 points in rank. Randoms suck ass.

^completely unrelated, but it reminded me, my little brother hates the sniper rifle in Halo. I asked him why and he told me that it isn't fair that you can get hit with one or two shots and be killed. made me laugh and I tried to explain to him the concept of power weapons on maps and he just didn't get it. Dude's like 10 and plays COD and Minecraft 24/7.

Ramirez

I just went 22-4 and we lost 26-50. I lost like 21 points in rank. Randoms suck ass.

^completely unrelated, but it reminded me, my little brother hates the sniper rifle in Halo. I asked him why and he told me that it isn't fair that you can get hit with one or two shots and be killed. made me laugh and I tried to explain to him the concept of power weapons on maps and he just didn't get it. Dude's like 10 and plays COD and Minecraft 24/7.

Shove a copy of CE in his face while breaking MC & CoD in half in front of him, please.

You must revert the conforming process before it's too late.

Haruko

Is the Shotgun on any of this week's maps?

And did I hear right that Regret has a standard Rocket Launcher (not Hydra) on the Strongholds playlist?

Mix

Shove a copy of CE in his face while breaking MC & CoD in half in front of him, please.

I've been trying to get him into Halo for years, and he's loving it, but some of the things he doesn't like are just dumb. I gotta get him away from COD, but that's on his mother.

Mix

Guys, AR/BR starts are fun

Pegasus is too foggy. Like, way too foggy. I have a harder time seeing the blue spartans on it than I do Eden.

Tawpgun

Ahh okay.

Is there anything different about the rocket launcher then?

Got a big downgrade to its looks

But I'm hearing people saying its blast radius is HUGE
Guys, AR/BR starts are fun

Pegasus is too foggy. Like, way too foggy. I have a harder time seeing the blue spartans on it than I do Eden.

Even forge maps are foggy? smh 343 art team.

FailFish.png

Tawpgun

I see economic times are tough in post war UNSC. Can't afford to polarize spartan visors so everything is super glarey

Madness

Trying hide one of the worst looking games on the Xbox one.

"Worst" is subjective, and for a beta it looks great. I can easily see the launch game being one of the best looking shooters out, but I'm not necessarily a fan of the colors, lighting, clarity. I haven't liked it since Halo 4.

DeadNames

Banned
Will fall damage be in the final game? If so, it seems kinda pointless. Just ground pound or thrust and all your downward momentum will be canceled.

Also while I was in the library I was watching a halo 5 clip. The kid next to me says "is that the new call of duty?"

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Also while I was in the library I was watching a halo 5 clip. The kid next to me says "is that the new call of duty?"

That's sad. I'm positive that's what MSFT were hoping for. Subtle changes in Halo 5 done intentionally to grab a COD demographic.

Tawpgun

Will fall damage be in the final game? If so, it seems kinda pointless. Just ground pound or thrust and all your downward momentum will be canceled.

Good point actually. I don't think there's fall damage in H5.

No idea why they changed the Rocket Launcher design, seems really unneeded.

had to get a new design going so they could use the original design as a Legendary Weapon with a larger blast radius and ability to lock on to aircraft, of course

Madness

No idea why they changed the Rocket Launcher design, seems really unneeded.

Focus testing of Call of Duty fans probably told them that their weapons weren't "cool" or "realistic" enough. There's nothing wrong with what they're doing. As stayed above, whatever they wanted to achieve is working. People think it looks like a Call of Duty game. We even had people in this thread a while back want dark and gritty armors, rain and night scenes, the realism of Afghanistan type locales. They felt Halo was too colorful.

Focus testing of Call of Duty fans probably told them that their weapons weren't "cool" or "realistic" enough. There's nothing wrong with what they're doing. As stayed above, whatever they wanted to achieve is working. People think it looks like a Call of Duty game. We even had people in this thread a while back want dark and gritty armors, rain and night scenes, the realism of Afghanistan type locales. They felt Halo was too colorful.

Or Germany or something, it doesn't really matter

Ramirez

And we had another guy say his girlfriend thought Limbo was the new Mario.

Stay scrub tier as long as you can.

Playing against semi pro tier people can be tiring. Some real fun close high level games.... but sometimes you just wanna dong.

Also LOL at snipers spawning every 30 seconds jesus sounds like a disaster. I want more stuff to control on the map also, but the short spawn times are just dumb.

Pretty sure I'm still holding the sniper I picked up after 30 seconds with quite a bit more shots in it.

I think 2 minutes is the minimum time for stuff to respawn. I thought controlling stuff in Reach/3 worked well and those were on 3 minute timers I think.

Man.. The shit I've been reading the past two pages lol.

You guys are insane, especially jem for thinking Halo would be fine without power weapons and Power-ups. Why not just develop another Reach/Halo 4 in that case if you guys don't think Power-ups or power weapons are that important to Halo combat? If you think it's a snoozefest to play against people who know how to play Halo, then they should just water the game down across the board, have people fight for one Rocket and one OS in a match, or perhaps even create a system where if the dong is so real and enough points are earned, you could drop these benefits right at your feet?

Sounds like a good alternative that fits right in line with what Halo's always been about. I mean, the only thing that really defines Halo is pressing RT to shoot and jumping on the moon, not an equal combination of all things factored in like the flow of a match between holding positions and risking movement by going for advantageous items.

What defines Halo is simple: you shoot some guns, jump high, have some aim assist, a BR and done. Halo. Right? Halo's so unique, it has weapons and movement!

This thread breaks my heart sometimes and I feel sorry for VAPOR because I KNOW he must be holding in some serious RAGE right now lmfao
-- dan91bauer vs Lukems 2015: The Rematch

No power weapons in halo mp? Lol gtfo

I remember some group of ppl requesting no grenades in a clan battle on Reach bcuz nade spamming is annoying to them. In Reach, probably, bcuz they were mini nukes. But that's how they felt for other halos in general.

Ramirez

Man.. The shit I've been reading the past two pages lol.

You guys are insane, especially jem for thinking Halo would be fine without power weapons and Power-ups. Why not just develop another Reach/Halo 4 in that case if you guys don't think Power-ups or power weapons are that important to Halo combat? If you think it's a snoozefest to play against people who know how to play Halo, then they should just water the game down across the board, have people fight for one Rocket and one OS in a match, or perhaps even create a system where if the dong is so real and enough points are earned, you could drop these benefits right at your feet?

Sounds like a good alternative that fits right in line with what Halo's always been about. I mean, the only thing that really defines Halo is pressing RT to shoot and jumping on the moon, not an equal combination of all things factored in like the flow of a match between holding positions and risking movement by going for advantageous items.

What defines Halo is simple: you shoot some guns, jump high, have some aim assist, a BR and done. Halo. Right? Halo's so unique, it has weapons and movement!

This thread breaks my heart sometimes and I feel sorry for VAPOR because I KNOW he must be holding in some serious RAGE right now lmfao
-- dan91bauer vs Lukems 2015: The Rematch

Where did I say I didn't want power ups and power weapons?

Those things aren't exclusive to CE.

Top Bottom