• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

DR7DsYq.jpg

Banner by this guy.

General
Community
civil_war.gif

Wall of shame
2sWbSMn.png

IHaveIce

Banned
Who is this OP, what is this title.

Not sure if happy D:

edit: also the other thread still has 500 posts to go

Visceral, GrizzNKev, you guys are p cool dudes for finally making the numbered OT correction. It's almost like people wanted to pretend my one OT didn't exist or something!

I'm still totally naming my next one OT Anniversary 2 for shits and giggles

GrizzNKev

Banned
Visceral, GrizzNKev, you guys are p cool dudes for finally making the numbered OT correction. It's almost like people wanted to pretend my one OT didn't exist or something!

I'm still totally naming my next one OT Anniversary 2 for shits and giggles

Awesome OT. Got the numbering right as well. HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO

We even discussed it via PM to make sure it was right. :)

Quoting for a new OT :)

Okay, so I'm going to give this a go - Halo 5 BETA Montage

If you want in, either post your clips here for my attention (I lurk and read every post, every day, because I'm very sad like that) or perhaps more sensibly, PM me.

Format of your post/PM:

Please include your Gamertag

Clip description (Example: Double kill noscope) and then the link (use Xboxclips.com is probably the easiest way)

If you have what I would describe as a blooper clip (i.e something funny rather than skilled gameplay) send them too - if there's enough, I'll do a two part montage.

I'll collect clips from everyone right up until the end of the beta, then get straight to work.

:D

Also, feel free to suggest a good name for the thing.

Madness

cHxwPW9.gif

Edit:
Seems like with the focus in Halo 5, MCC is having issues. I wonder if whatever playerbase remained is now on H5 and that's why I'm having trouble finding matches.

jem0208

Heyo! It's the right number!

Also the title is great.

Edit: Wait, things have changed!

Scratch that, this thread is terrible.

IHaveIce

Banned
343 should consider scrapping the playlist model or rework it.

Do playlists for ranked play
slayer
objective
ffa
bigger teams

Social lists are scrapped for a server browser/custom browser/game finder

Ranked lists would have BR starts and for social it could be set at will.

This would probably costs lot of resources but it is the best thing to do.

Madness

So how many more years do I have to wait for Halo MCC on PC again? :/
spencer pls

After what happened on the Xbox One, I'd say they definitely need to regain some momentum and allow it to come out on the PC. MCC is basically dead sales wise for Xbox One. Anyone who bought a console for it like me, won't care if it comes on PC now. But at least more Halo fans can play the remastered H2 Anniversary campaign and multiplayer, play CE, 2, 3, 4 with the res and frame rate boosts etc. There is nothing to be lost from releasing it for PC, but everything to gain. There's quite a few people who didn't buy Xbox One for MCC, but who'd probably buy it in a heartbeat for PC.

Getting a ton of errors from Xboxclips.com this morning - will have to try again later for most of you who have PM'd. Sure it'll sort itself out. :)

Impala26

cHxwPW9.gif

Edit:
Seems like with the focus in Halo 5, MCC is having issues. I wonder if whatever playerbase remained is now on H5 and that's why I'm having trouble finding matches.

I mean the whole "it works" and MCC still dysfunctional might be a thing.

Also had to re-post the gif because it's my favorite "opening thread" pic/gif.
:p

I see no poll collection, I think it would be worthwhile to import over. Apologies if I missed any.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Js54cgwFbH9MAE8GknHgSgQLZhKTOGJ67kgEebjC88o/viewform?c=0&w=1
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10f...8b4uybyhFw/viewform?fbzx=-6436727929088534336

http://strawpoll.me/3339312
http://strawpoll.me/3339316

pls respon frenky
---------

Anyway, to carry over from thread prior, I don't think Miranda is going to have any sort of prominent role from hereon.
The only female character from Halo that I disliked is from 4, Palmer.
Miranda, Halsey, Wars characters (Anders & Serina), and Cortana were all likeable and I thought at least decent characters. Halsey is a jerk sometimes though.
Can't really say much about about the female ODST from, well, ODST and the female SIII in Reach. They weren't memorable.

Impala26

Okay, so I've played Halo since 2002.

This is the first time I received a trash talk PM in another language.

Verbatim:
sa va le campeur pauvre gars 1 vs 1 je t eclate mdr

From Google Translate that came about to be something like "poor camper, 1v1 me with DMR" I'm seriously dying to know what he was meaning to say. XD

After what happened on the Xbox One, I'd say they definitely need to regain some momentum and allow it to come out on the PC. MCC is basically dead sales wise for Xbox One. Anyone who bought a console for it like me, won't care if it comes on PC now. But at least more Halo fans can play the remastered H2 Anniversary campaign and multiplayer, play CE, 2, 3, 4 with the res and frame rate boosts etc. There is nothing to be lost from releasing it for PC, but everything to gain. There's quite a few people who didn't buy Xbox One for MCC, but who'd probably buy it in a heartbeat for PC.

They need to make it work first...

Random17

I was thinking the same thing; and MCC on PC is the perfect way to prove MS's loyalty to PC in the short term. Spencer would live up to his word. They've already made inroads with AOE/AOM. I think it is only a matter of time. If it is handled by another company, I'd say 2016 is when we would expect it at the earliest.

Akai__

At university again after christmas break and my prof asked me about the state of the MCC and how I liked H5. He was hosting a Xbox 360 LAN party a coupple years ago and remmembered, that I was a huge Halo fan
and that I dominated in the Halo LAN :p
. We talked like 30 minutes about the MCC and H5. Awesome prof.

Regret is really hard to get used to. I'm liking the differences between Truth and Regret. If I had to pick from the art direction, I would pick Regret over Truth. I'd love to have a little Prophet of Regret speech somewhere on the map. I like the bugs crawling around. At first, I was completely lost. I had no clue where I was when I had spawned. That feeling is gone after two-three matches. I personally enjoy the center structure. Players have more cover there and so firefights are really scattered around the map. If compared to Truth where the most fights happen in the sideways. The hydra is not really worth fighting for and most people take no notice of it. Maybe I am not used to it, but I would prefer another PW there. I fight the dynamic of the map would completely change if there was a RL. Anyway, Team Blue has a huge advantage in specific spots.(Merging with the shadows) It is pretty hard to distinguish them from the background. (343i already acknowledge this problem.)

After all the hate, I'm kind of surprised to find I like Empire and Eden pretty much equally. It might have to do with the Light Rifles.

Top Bottom