• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Frankly I don't see why that is a hyperbole if they spawn every 30 seconds. I've seen 2-3 prophets banes on Truth and that shit is on a 2-3 min timer
Never said they should be on 30 sec timers, but 3 minute timers are just too long. There needs to be a balance of how much ammo they spawn with and the timers they're on.

Halo CE and Halo 2 Sniper you threw bullets out there like a madman. No one complains about the Sniper in CE because it was difficult to use and shot so fast that it would run out quicker. A slow-shooting Sniper translates into people being more cautious with their shots, more likely to try and land headshots, conserving ammo for those opportunities. Halo 2 Sniper you just shot it like an SMG to get those kills.

As for the Bane, you say that without commenting on my suggestion of lowering its energy lol.

easy way to replicate any halogaf argument:

1. take halo thing and argue about it, attempt to make point
2. person 2 makes counterpoint
3. person 1 tells person 2 to quit putting words in their mouth, makes counter-counterpoint
4. person 2 tells person 1 they're not understanding what they're saying, makes counter-counter-counterpoint
5. repeat ad nauseam

jem0208

3. person 1 tells person 2 to quit putting words in their mouth, makes counter-counterpoint
4. person 2 tells person 1 they're not understanding what they're saying, makes counter-counter-counterpoint
5. repeat ad nauseam

That's surprisingly accurate... Especially point 3.

Never said they should be on 30 sec timers, but 3 minute timers are just too long. There needs to be a balance of how much ammo they spawn with and the timers they're on.

Halo CE and Halo 2 Sniper you threw bullets out there like a madman. No one complains about the Sniper in CE because it was difficult to use and shot so fast that it would run out quicker. A slow-shooting Sniper translates into people being more cautious with their shots, more likely to try and land headshots, conserving ammo for those opportunities. Halo 2 Sniper you just shot it like an SMG to get those kills.

As for the Bane, you say that without commenting on my suggestion of lowering its energy lol.

First thing they need to do with the Bane is drop the glare, IMO. Tough to tell how good the weapon is when it's so unpleasant to use.

5. repeat ad nauseam

There's no rock-paper scissors on that chart!

Go it:

Hello!

Thanks for signing up for the Halo Community Feedback Program!

Below you'll find a link to our most recent (and in this case, first) survey:
Begin

Note: Please do not forward this email. The link to the survey is customized for you and may only be filled out once.

Active Dates: Please fill this out as soon as you can. We will close access to this survey on 1/13/2015 at 10:00 AM PST.

Thank You!

Please, for the love of GOD REMOVE MOTION TRACKER.

Just got 17 assists and still lost because no one on my team has a mic to clean up the 25 other kills that narrowly escaped me, and can't even bother chasing them because I'd run right into their team working together. Motion tracker is pathetic man, promotes a single mentality of playing alone and checking your stupid little corner of the screen for most of your information instead of LOOKING AT YOUR SURROUNDINGS.

Those in favor of it have no idea how much is being gimped by thinking motion tracker is okay because lesser skilled players need it to do well. No, motion tracker is the death to intelligent gameplay.

CyReN

from BE forums.

KiKdm0W.png

ODST Team Slayer.

Booshka

Can the ce super fans explain reasoning behind power weapons spawning so fast?

I'm with ram. Having 4 snipers in play on a map gzussss

30 sec respawns for Sniper work fine in CE on certain maps, because everything is super lethal and most TS matches are over in 5 minutes or so. Snipers don't dominate on their own, you need to pair it with Active Camo to go on a real spree in most instances. Not sure why 30 sec spawns translated into H5 settings discussion, totally different games.

But, the overall argument that there should be more powerups and powerweapons in play for Halo 5 to keep map flow moving is a good argument to me. It made CE play a lot better, take out OS, Camo and Rockets, and CE can be pretty boring, the timers are faster because the game is faster.

Welfare

The fuck. I just looked through my email and noticed I didn't even get a confirmation email for the program. Just signed up again and got the confirmation email.

Never do shit on my tablet again.

-Ryn

Banned
Please, for the love of GOD REMOVE MOTION TRACKER.
I proposed this idea a couple days ago and I wanted to get your input on it.

What if motion tracker worked on a sort of lock on system? If you kept someone in your view for a certain amount of time it would lock onto them and they would show up if they were in range of your radar for a limited time. Maybe make it a team spotting ability?

Madness

They're not removing motion tracker anytime soon. They've had it in since the start, it's not going anywhere. Say whatever you want about sprint, ADS, but they weren't there for start. Motion tracker was, and as detrimental as I also feel it can be for gameplay, it didn't stop the success of CE, Halo 2 or Halo 3 with it. At best they'll remove it for the eSports or hard-core play lists.

The reason more people don't defend it, is because it's exclusion is something tons of fans don't even acknowledge as a possibility. If they removed motion tracker altogether from the game tomorrow, you'd see thousands swarm boards and complain.

Magni

No one is playing MCC, and Halo 5 sucks at least half the time (if you're Red, you already know the game is gonna suck). Feels bad :(

Lol just lost 20-1, what the fuck.

30 sec respawns for Sniper work fine in CE on certain maps, because everything is super lethal and most TS matches are over in 5 minutes or so. Snipers don't dominate on their own, you need to pair it with Active Camo to go on a real spree in most instances. Not sure why 30 sec spawns translated into H5 settings discussion, totally different games.

But, the overall argument that there should be more powerups and powerweapons in play for Halo 5 to keep map flow moving is a good argument to me. It made CE play a lot better, take out OS, Camo and Rockets, and CE can be pretty boring, the timers are faster because the game is faster.
Thoughts on Halo 5 so far?
I proposed this idea a couple days ago and I wanted to get your input on it.

What if motion tracker worked on a sort of lock on system? If you kept someone in your view for a certain amount of time it would lock onto them and they would show up if they were in range of your radar for a limited time. Maybe make it a team spotting ability?
Ehh, sound based or nothing imo.
They're not removing motion tracker anytime soon. They've had it in since the start, it's not going anywhere. Say whatever you want about sprint, ADS, but they weren't there for start. Motion tracker was, and as detrimental as I also feel it can be for gameplay, it didn't stop the success of CE, Halo 2 or Halo 3 with it. At best they'll remove it for the eSports or hard-core play lists.

The reason more people don't defend it, is because it's exclusion is something tons of fans don't even acknowledge as a possibility. If they removed motion tracker altogether from the game tomorrow, you'd see thousands swarm boards and complain.
Are thousands not complaining at this very moment? lol

It's for the universal good of Halo, this much people can agree on (people who dislike radar but think there's no budging), no? Don't be scared, 343 likes to FLEX.

Didn't Josh say that they're looking at feedback for the tracker? I doubt they'll eliminate it, but I think we could see some changes.

Anyway, my thought on fixing it: make it wound-based. You can only see Spartans on your tracker that are at less than full shields. Allows for flanking and big plays at full health, makes escaping more difficult.

Booshka

Thoughts on Halo 5 so far?

Forgot to respond to your earlier post, sorry. I actually think it looks decent and has potential. I like the movement abilities with Thruster and even Clamber is alright, Ground pound is kinda silly, but doesn't seem too OP, so it's whatever. From what I am seeing and hearing it looks like there is a decent shooting skill gap for precision weapons, automatics still look too easy and ADS to improve bullet spread is extremely un-Halo like and needs to go.

Don't like Sprint obviously, but at least it is nerfed, base movement speed is too slow, and strafing should be better as well. Looks like right now if you want to run fast you sprint, if you want to strafe then you use Thrust, so that's a big issue because it is very out of character for Halo. Thruster is by far the best addition, and making it a default move for players is awesome, like many have said, just that and a higher base movespeed with no Sprint and no ADS would make Halo 5 a damn good game.

What 343 have going still seems to be good though, and will probably draw in more players than a traditional Halo game. I haven't played it so I can't say too much, but it looks pretty good and has potential, especially with the right settings, good maps, and some tweaking.

Akai__

1. Complete the 1st mission on Solo Legendary. Will take some time, but it's worth it.
2. Load the next mission on Legendary and quit the mission as soon as the cutscene starts.
3. Game will award you for completing it on Solo Legendary
4. Do that with every mission in every episode.
5. ???
6. Profit aka Solo Legendary achievement for completing Spartan Ops unlocked.

That way, you don't have to play this boring mode. Oh and do it before the next patch, because it probably won't be possible after the next patch. :p

If it doesn't work after the 1st mission, just complete an other mission and try it again.

Madness

Didn't Josh say that they're looking at feedback for the tracker? I doubt they'll eliminate it, but I think we could see some changes.

Anyway, my thought on fixing it: make it wound-based. You can only see Spartans on your tracker that are at less than full shields. Allows for flanking and big plays at full health, makes escaping more difficult.

A quick and easy fix for ranked playlists would be to eliminate enemy from radar, keep teammates visible and only have enemy show up if they fire, sprint, throw grenade, do anything offensive. That way you can still have some semblance of team knowledge, some semblance of stealth if you're casually walking around with pistol drawn etc.

What about the CoD minimap would be better? Just showing people when they shoot or launch a drone? Can we ADS on the Drone Launcher?

A quick and easy fix for ranked playlists would be to eliminate enemy from radar, keep teammates visible and only have enemy show up if they fire, sprint, throw grenade, do anything offensive. That way you can still have some semblance of team knowledge, some semblance of stealth if you're casually walking around with pistol drawn etc.

Being able to see where your team is is a must, yeah. Ideally, though I'd prefer to see a solution that works for all playlists, regardless of "pro-ness."

Overdoziz

Banned
What about the CoD minimap would be better? Just showing people when they shoot or launch a drone? Can we ADS on the Drone Launcher?
Only showing them when they shoot. Maybe also show them when they're in your team's player's line of sight. Of course I'd rather not have a motion tracker at all, but that's never going to happen across all playlist. I feel like this would be a happy medium.

Ramirez

Bringing the radar in would probably help a lot, it's got a far too generous range at the moment, remove elevation too.

Strongholds is fun, the frame rate is rough though.

Strongholds is a fun gametype, digging it so far.

Could be interesting actually, hmmm. I still like no motion tracker at all best, but this might actually be better than sound based radar as it says to the player "you can either clean up that kill or let them disappear off the radar."

It's better than what we have now imo.
Forgot to respond to your earlier post, sorry. I actually think it looks decent and has potential. I like the movement abilities with Thruster and even Clamber is alright, Ground pound is kinda silly, but doesn't seem too OP, so it's whatever. From what I am seeing and hearing it looks like there is a decent shooting skill gap for precision weapons, automatics still look too easy and ADS to improve bullet spread is extremely un-Halo like and needs to go.

Don't like Sprint obviously, but at least it is nerfed, base movement speed is too slow, and strafing should be better as well. Looks like right now if you want to run fast you sprint, if you want to strafe then you use Thrust, so that's a big issue because it is very out of character for Halo. Thruster is by far the best addition, and making it a default move for players is awesome, like many have said, just that and a higher base movespeed with no Sprint and no ADS would make Halo 5 a damn good game.

What 343 have going still seems to be good though, and will probably draw in more players than a traditional Halo game. I haven't played it so I can't say too much, but it looks pretty good and has potential, especially with the right settings, good maps, and some tweaking.
Nice.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Bringing the radar in would probably help a lot, it's got a far too generous range at the moment, remove elevation too.

Lots of visual effects or what?

jem0208

Yeah, why is the framerate extra rough on Stronghold...

I've only played it on Regret but the drops seemed worse than when playing slayer. Regret needs some optimisation though, those bases consistently drop the framerate.

Top Bottom