• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welfare

It gets really choppy for me sometimes when I'm around the central structure. It's happened in every game I played on it. In custom games when walking around the map by myself, it happens a little, but not to as great an extent. It's a similar issue as I've had when playing Stonetown, which has happened since the game released. I'm glad you haven't had issues though.

Ah you see, I'm a bitch and stick around the Beam Rifle spawn :p I don't go near the middle structure, so I wouldn't know if that had issues.

Mix

So ReclaimerHub just ran into Funknown in MM. Totally dongged his team, but he was carrying the shit out of them.

You guys done playing? It just failed to connect me to your party.

EDIT:
So ReclaimerHub just ran into Funknown in MM. Totally dongged his team, but he was carrying the shit out of them.
I almost had that 1v4 lolol, just needed those dudes to not die for one more minute.

Madness

Marty is one of the best ever. People said his music was the same, so he did ODST and Reach which were amazing. One of the best parts of Destiny is the music. Would love if he came back to 343. But it seems like they aren't doing the Halo 4 music route, so I'm happy with Jinnouchi. For me, I can play ODST and Reach once and yet remember the music from each key area, key battle, key cutscene etc. If I hear the score again, I can be like, oh this is the music that Jorge died to. But I played the Halo 4 campaign more than those, but beyond the wailing at the start menu, the war games music, I couldn't tell you a single piece of music. If I heard any score of Halo 4 again, I couldn't tell you what I was doing.

ppzsKfW.png

giphy.gif

Akai__

Getting there.

Still need to work on lighting, textures, adding environment details, optimization, a working minimap, and making it so you can actually play on the damn thing, but then it should good to go.

That looks like really good already. Man, if we could have such a powerful tool for Halo maps.

Create on PC -> Sent to Xbox.

Why isn't that possible? It would make perfect sense in combination with a Custom Game Browser. Make DLC maps free already and sell people other things. Get with the times 343i/MS. :(

-Ryn

Banned
Mix has taken up the mantle I see.

Holymoly Over that looks really good.

Also agreed, music on maps in mp is misplaced.
If I recall correctly H5 had it at the beginning of each match right? I thought it was cool because each map seemed to have its own theme.

I gotta agree though that music in the middle of the match is usually really lame. I hated all of H4's multiplayer music.

Fuchsdh

Mix has taken up the mantle I see.

If I recall correctly H5 had it at the beginning of each match right? I thought it was cool because each map seemed to have its own theme.

I gotta agree though that music in the middle of the match is usually really lame. I hated all of H4's multiplayer music.

H4's music never played in the middle of the game, it only played at the very beginning and during things like last round, sudden death, etc. I thought it worked nicely to amp up the feeling for the game. If it were constant, yeah, I could see it being annoying.

-Ryn

Banned
reflection_ivory_tower_halo_map.jpg

I never played H2 online so my love belongs to Reflection. Can't deny those palm trees are most excellent though.

H4's music never played in the middle of the game, it only played at the very beginning and during things like last round, sudden death, etc. I thought it worked nicely to amp up the feeling for the game. If it were constant, yeah, I could see it being annoying.
Perhaps I wouldn't have minded had I actually liked the music lol

CTF is one of my favorite game types and I love listening to music while I play games. So I can appreciate the idea of amping things up with some good tunes. However the "get hyped" music that Halo 4 had playing during those moments felt generic and boring to me so it didn't do much more than hinder the intensity for me if anything.

Fotos

Playing all Spartan Ops missions on Legendary by myself is probably the worst thing I've had to do in a video game. Only at mission 27/50. Not only have I never had 1 second of fun, it makes me unhappy to play it. Fuck this achievement.

Fuchsdh

Playing all Spartan Ops missions on Legendary by myself is probably the worst thing I've had to do in a video game. Only at mission 27/50. Not only have I never had 1 second of fun, it makes me unhappy to play it. Fuck this achievement.

I'm not sure if they patched it, but you could immediately quit during the mission intros and it would count as completion originally.

Afro

H1 plays the best it ever has w/ this patch. Aiming requires incredible finesse and once you adjust to the smaller hitboxes and learn how much to lead, shots do hit, consistently even. H1 pre-patch, H2, and H2A feel so less involved and almost elementary in comparison (h3 is just weird).
Would be the GOAT w/ proper spawns and nades. Obviously in the minority here.

jelly

You could not do it.

Same with others you don't like and maybe devs will start putting in decent achievements and if they come to their senses, no multiplayer achievements that change how people play the objective of the match.

Haruko

I feel like 343 should just accept the possibility of dong-like emblems on Halo, and include Elzar's current naked elite avatar as a preemptive strike for future titles.

You could not do it.

Same with others you don't like and maybe devs will start putting in decent achievements and if they come to their senses, no multiplayer achievements that change how people play the objective of the match.

It's a shame too, because the vanilla achievements were really well done, say for that 4 controller one. Then they added a bunch of bad multiplayer achievements post-launch.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Best thing about Spartan Ops was watching the CGI videos on Youtube.

Some of the new environment they made for it were interesting, but the missions themselves were pretty dire.

Thankfully, Ive got most of the Spops done already.

jem0208

Soooo, what does HaloGAF think of the Fallout 4 announcement?

Loving the world design. Hopefully it'll be a little less clunky than Fallout 3/NV

Also, any of you guys with a reasonable PC should try out Dirty Bomb. Really solid multiplayer shooter, it's also free (similar pay model to LoL I think, rotational classes essentially).

Halo.

Mistel

Banned
The environments look really nice, similar but very different to 3 and New Vegas.
H1 plays the best it ever has w/ this patch. Aiming requires incredible finesse and once you adjust to the smaller hitboxes and learn how much to lead, shots do hit, consistently even.
It's not meant to be like that it is being fixed:
Yes, it's a weird reversion that is being fixed.
So it will return to pre patch bullet magnetisation specs eventually.

dwells

It gets really choppy for me sometimes when I'm around the central structure. It's happened in every game I played on it. In custom games when walking around the map by myself, it happens a little, but not to as great an extent. It's a similar issue as I've had when playing Stonetown, which has happened since the game released. I'm glad you haven't had issues though.
It's not just you. I got it once it Big Team the other night and it was very, very choppy. Enough to interfere with aiming.

TPBGpFq.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If ever there was a map to use the Hologram AA on, it was Reflection.

Cue Funknown's "BK's chasing red dots line".

:p
Except in Reach holograms were grey dots.

So hyped. I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and this looks more of the same with vastly improved graphics. I hope they can somehow manage to get it out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom