• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they only did competitive community map remakes we'd be playing Midship, Sanctuary, and Lockout until the end of time. It's almost like there's more parts of the community than one segment of it

bet that guy rages when Midship isn't ported to Halo Wars 2

:lol

There's a special Honey, I Shrunk The Fun mode in Halo Wars 2 where you can control your 3 Spartan units, and the rest are particles of dust, space ants, space pigeons, etc.

Can we blame the man for going in to hiding?

Kq0I4Ak.png

who is that

AlStrong

If they only did competitive community map remakes we'd be playing Midship, Sanctuary, and Lockout until the end of time. It's almost like there's more parts of the community than one segment of it

bet that guy rages when Midship isn't ported to Halo Wars 2

Any other popular maps?

Funny they didn't do Turf, but I guess it would have been redundant recreation next to Halo Online.

Wouldn't have minded seeing Colossus or Ivory Tower, but I was never a competitive player.

Par time and score can be done on any level (except I think Easy for Halo 3), but given that there are legendary speed run times makes sense to do them on that difficulty if you can handle it.

I forgot just how bad I am at legendary and watching speedruns isn't helping. How did I do this on 360

dwells

Frank's tweets are out of line, but Dan Ayoub saying that Relic was made with eSports in mind and that pros are excited for it does show how out of touch he is. Nobody was really asking for Relic, especially not the competitive community.

Sticking to H2A in that regard. The actual Midship is right there in the MCC and it's not like H2A would bring much to the table with it's own Midship version.
The actual Relic is right there in the MCC, so I'm not really sure what your argument is.

H2A, a game touting the Halo Championship Series, only has a single small competitive map (Warlock). Midship or Beaver Creek would have been much better remake choice and contributed to HCS.

Jesus Christ, at least have some sort of professionalism of you're going to lash out, right now, it just looks like he's whining because he didn't get the midship remake he so desperately deserves

*digs up old tweet of ReclaimerHub grizzled ancient GringoSuave89 lashing out at Reagan on Twitter back in the 1820s*

The really annoying thing about the choices for anny remakes is that half of them could be made in forge, piece of piss. Ascension, relic and blood gulch should have been headlong, middy and terminal instead. Can't understand why anyone would want to play BG over something like Containment.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
But why play on inverted?? I don't follow. Why you do this?

Because that combination of controls and perspective works better for me. I suppose it's like snowboarding - I am ONLY goofy foot for skateboarding, but regular or switch for snowboarding.

Haruko

The really annoying thing about the choices for anny remakes is that half of them could be made in forge, piece of piss. Ascension, relic and blood gulch should have been headlong, middy and terminal instead. Can't understand why anyone would want to play BG over something like Containment.

I hear ya, I wish the maps with unforgable features would be picked more often for remakes.

So I recently watched the Desperate Measures ViDoc for ODST and Buck totally calls Naval Intelligence Eggheads

/HuntTheTruth_Outro_Tones.mp3

Fuchsdh

Should have a third: exploits. Speed running stuff like some of the skips are really handy.

Figuring out you could jump on top of the shacks and skip the entire Brute-Jackal-Wraith encounter on Pillar of Autumn in Reach was a godsend.

Part of Halo 4 Legendary that irks me is the most annoying sections are the ones you can't really skip (for me, the pylon deactivations with the Banshees.)

Some of the level load exploits in Reach made some challenges bearable..

Every campaign needs its Keyes / Uprising / Floodgate / Nightfall / Shutdown. I don't think Halo 3 or ODST had any levels you could explicitly cheese through in minutes thanks to exploits, though, Floodgate just happened to be pretty short.

EDIT: for nostalgia's sake they should have a "Lockes" mission where you can keyes bump yourself into the ceiling and skip the entire level.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I use it on levels I don't like like Nightfall, Reclaimer, and Shutdown. Those I don't really enjoy playing so I skip bits.
Hmm, maybe if I knew about the Halo 4 ones I would've done'em... I hate fighting Knights on Legendary.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Because that combination of controls and perspective works better for me. I suppose it's like snowboarding - I am ONLY goofy foot for skateboarding, but regular or switch for snowboarding.

One of us, one of us!!

Hmm, maybe if I knew about the Halo 4 ones I would've done'em... I hate fighting Knights on Legendary.

Reclaimer's are just as fun as the actual mission, imo. Getting par time on it was a nightmare, but I probably had more fun prematurely killing the Lich than I did holding out and fighting it.

Mistel

Banned
I did too lot worse than the Flood heavy levels.
Part of Halo 4 Legendary that irks me is the most annoying sections are the ones you can't really skip (for me, the pylon deactivations with the Banshees.)
The plyons bit of that mission was alright when I did it the final battle not so much. When I did it I didn't know you could run straight through most of the battle to the end.

Marty at E3.
imagine he came back for halo?

brickshits would be had.

I would cry if this is going to happen. I miss his music in Halo games.

And no, even the hyped 117 track from H4 cant reach Marty magic. I dont get why people like this track anyway.

117 is damn good, as was H4's OST, but no where near Marty-tier greatness.

I miss the OG Warthog run theme. :(

Imagine:

Halo 5: Guardians
Original Game Soundtrack
Composed by: Kazuma Jinnouchi and Martin O'Donnell

Damn I still wish maps weren't weighted. There are a shitload of maps that still to this day I have never seen in the MCC and I keep reading that other people have the same problem. I just keep playing the same ones over again.

A hundred maps but where are they? Really not getting the vast, varied experience that I expected. I end up stuck on the same few maps for 10 games in a row. Some of my favorites I've never once seen on the voting screen.

Just take three totally random from the available pool in that playlist, and throw them at me! Then I'll really be feeling the Collection experience. We can still vote on which of the three we want anyway.

Stinkles, any comments? How is this set up behind the scenes?

Damn I still wish maps weren't weighted. There are a shitload of maps that still to this day I have never seen in the MCC and I keep reading that other people have the same problem. I just keep playing the same ones over again.

A hundred maps but where are they? Really not getting the vast, varied experience that I expected. I end up stuck on the same few maps for 10 games in a row. Some of my favorites I've never once seen on the voting screen.

Just take three totally random from the available pool in that playlist, and throw them at me! Then I'll really be feeling the Collection experience. We can still vote on which of the three we want anyway.

Stinkles, any comments? How is this set up behind the scenes?

This so hard! I want to randomly hit stuff I haven't played in ages!

Saw an image composed of supposed E3 leaks, some of which have already been confirmed, on it says there's a Halo 5 spartan ops reveal.

Thoughts, questions concerns...

CyReN

Can we blame the man for going in to hiding?

I always love these kind of statements or thoughts on the community "You know what killed Halo? The community".

Like the community has any real control over the game besides occasional feedback that may be glanced at by (fill in any gaming company). MCC launch was a disaster, one of the absolute worst things that could of happened, happened. It sucks. Everyone I know wanted to love this game at launch, and hoped it would add fuel to the diminishing Halo community.

I don't really agree with "going after Dan" kinda stuff btw, but for a lot of people he was the main PR/hype man for the game and he publicly disappeared months at a time. People were mad, some still are.

Either way, Relic should never ever be considered for the HCS. I'm not sure why he said that, or if he was incredibly misinformed on what actual competitive Halo is. Weird statement.

TCKaos

Saw an image composed of supposed E3 leaks, some of which have already been confirmed, on it says there's a Halo 5 spartan ops reveal.

Thoughts, questions concerns...

I completely understand the limitations that David Ellis and everybody had to work with last time, but I'd really like for there to be a bit more variety in encounters and mission setup.

The elastic drop pods were an incredibly lazy and fatiguing way to introduce enemies, and the fact that the only type of encounter was "let's just drop more of them on them" was equally lazy and fatiguing.

I always love these kind of statements or thoughts on the community "You know what killed Halo? The community".

Oh no, I didn't say that the community killed Halo. I said that I can't blame Dan Ayoub from going in to hiding when as soon as he rears his head he's met with "FUCK DAN AYOUB HE SHOULD LOSE HIS JOB AND HIS FAMILY SHOULD STARVE FOR REMAKING RELIC INSTEAD OF MIDSHIP."

bring davidge back pls

Ideal setup: Metroid Prime it. Atmosphere / ambient tracks by Davidge, which have additional music and melodies done by Jinnouchi when certain events happen. Marty's a cool dude, but I don't know that his music really fits H5G.

Like the community has any real control over the game besides occasional feedback that may be glanced at by (fill in any gaming company). MCC launch was a disaster, one of the absolute worst things that could of happened, happened. It sucks. Everyone I know wanted to love this game at launch, and hoped it would add fuel to the diminishing Halo community.

I don't really agree with "going after Dan" kinda stuff btw, but for a lot of people he was the main PR/hype man for the game and he publicly disappeared months at a time.

Either way, Relic should never ever be considered for the HCS. I'm not sure why he said that, or if he was incredibly misinformed on what actual competitive Halo is. Weird statement.

All I'm seeing here is "can you blame us for witch hunts?"

tmac456

can we get acknowledgement about the broken CE bullet magnetization? please?

this should not be difficult to fix in a timely manner

CyReN

All I'm seeing here is "can you blame us for witch hunts?"

I'm not saying it's ok, I'm just saying I see why people are mad.

Oh no, I didn't say that the community killed Halo. I said that I can't blame Dan Ayoub from going in to hiding when as soon as he rears his head he's met with "FUCK DAN AYOUB HE SHOULD LOSE HIS JOB AND HIS FAMILY SHOULD STARVE FOR REMAKING RELIC INSTEAD OF MIDSHIP."

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Been hearing a lot of the community blaming crap since MCC released and it's really nauseating like the community had any real control of the games release. Still think Dan should have more active post-launch, but it's basically over now so nothing good will come of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom