• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Can't deny that massive sony fanservice. Unfortunately none of those games really interested me. Never played Shenmue, TLG could be cool but it honestly looked kinda boring. Never liked FF games.

I actually really want to try that new Pirate game. Having your crew board a ship and having everyone have a role. And then broadsiding other ships.

jem0208

Can't deny that massive sony fanservice. Unfortunately none of those games really interested me. Never played Shenmue, TLG could be cool but it honestly looked kinda boring. Never liked FF games.

I actually really want to try that new Pirate game. Having your crew board a ship and having everyone have a role. And then broadsiding other ships.

Same.

Kinda sad I can't be part of the hype but it's all a bit meh from me. It's been a solid if unexciting E3 for me.

dwells

Kinda sad I can't be part of the hype but it's all a bit meh from me. It's been a solid if unexciting E3 for me.

Same here. Most of the hype seems to be around Fallout. Let me take over as conductor of the bad opinion train for a moment: I don't like Fallout. I tried playing Fallout 3 and I couldn't get into it at all. Videos of the new one look just as boring to me.

h5-spartan-blue-group-twitter-header-729d363db39847a4b26fa0412d265db0.jpg

h5-spartan-osiris-group-twitter-header-bfaa95a7c49b4c3b8b1650631897f65d.jpg

h5-guardians-cinematic-campaign-battle-of-sunaion-plans-and-portents-127d216217514c00a7adbd73e3241d67.jpg

HALSEY.png

tumblr_nq003ujHkh1rdjn0ko1_500.jpg

mWZjvy6.png
-The Master Chief
-Fred
-Kelly
-Linda
-Locke
-Buck
-Tanaka
-Vale
-Thel Vadam (The Arbiter)
-Dr. Halsey
-Jul M'Dama
-Lasky

Halo 5 is stacked with characters.. Most Halo games have very few major characters.. I believe this is the most they've had since Halo 2.

I also believe it's safe to say we'll see our pal Half-Jaw and the Didact once more... If not both of them. Probably the Librarian as well.

If Lasky is back, then that should mean Infinity as well, which probably also means we'll see Sarah Palmer again, as well as majestic.

UKUMI0

I'm in the same boat, a few of my friends wanted Shenmue and I know the gaming community have wanted TLG ever since it was announced; sadly none of the games really had me wanting to go out and buy a PS4.

Might be bias but most of the features/games Microsoft showed off are things I want.

The only game Sony showed that I want to play is Uncharted 4 (and by extension the Nathan Drake collection and Last of Us) but these aren't must have titles for me, just games that I want to experience the story of.

singhr1

-The Master Chief
-Fred
-Kelly
-Linda
-Locke
-Buck
-Tanaka
-Vale
-Dr. Halsey
-Jul M'Dama
-Lasky

Halo 5 is stacked with characters.. Most Halo games have very few major characters.. I believe this is the most they've had since Halo 2.

I also believe it's safe to say we'll see our pal Half-Jaw and the Didact once more... If not both of them. Probably the Librarian as well.

If Lasky is back, then that should mean Infinity as well, which probably also means we'll see Sarah Palmer again, as well as majestic.

Also the new enemy introduced in the demo, The Warden Eternal, protector of The Domain

Carbine looks powerful, absolutely shreds on that video. Hitmarkers are bad and always have been, particularly with grenades.

Let me tell you about the history of the Carbine in Halo games.

Pre launch - Wrecks

Launch - About as powerful as a wet fish

Post Launch - remember the carbine?

Repeat

Fin

Tawpgun

Yeah i'd prefer it grenade hitmarkers went away and instead were replaced by an audio cue of some kind. Like a spartan wincing at being hit or shrapnel pinging off shields and armor

Pre launch - Wrecks

Repeat

Fin

They have it in the power weapon section, so hopefully they can treat it like that. Something you can't spawn with in Arena, and they don't consider one of the Big Green power weapon they announce like the Sniper or the Rockets. It'll be like the Needler, somewhere in-between, a powerful tool you can find on the map.

edit: here's a second video from the same guy, but his team gets REKT when red basically camps in the Garage and owns all the vehicles.

Pre launch - Wrecks

Repeat

Fin

Halo 4's carbine is decent, mostly because when you're getting shot with it it's very distracting and flinch inducing.

Hopefully they keep the carbine the way it is. I want it to shred. It takes more shots and therefore more precision than any of the other precision weapons, so if you hit all of your shots your opponents should go down faster.

Tawpgun

In need of a l o r e m a s t e r

Was Chief the the only Spartan II to get an AI? I recall something from Fall of Reach that the MLOLNIR suits were designed to have AI's in them because they increased the performance of the Spartans since they were neurally linked. With the help of Cortana chief bitch slapped a heatseeking missle.

Makes me wonder if chief is getting a new AI, if blue team has AIs, if the Spartan II's just dont have them anymore, or if they are retconning the idea that a spartan with an AI transcends them in combat efectiveness.

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
In need of a l o r e m a s t e r

Was Chief the the only Spartan II to get an AI? I recall something from Fall of Reach that the MLOLNIR suits were designed to have AI's in them because they increased the performance of the Spartans since they were neurally linked. With the help of Cortana chief bitch slapped a heatseeking missle.

Makes me wonder if chief is getting a new AI, if blue team has AIs, if the Spartan II's just dont have them anymore, or if they are retconning the idea that a spartan with an AI transcends them in combat efectiveness.
Chief and Cortana were the first and as of yet may be the only Spartan-AI pair to link on a neurological level, starting with the Mark V as you said.

Team Black had Iona but i'm not sure if she was ever linked in any of their helmets.

AlStrong

Hey Stinkles, can bosses be edited easily? I'd love to see a Grunt boss that's been subjected to steroid treatments that makes it.... at least 3x the size, and dual wielding fuel rod cannons.

Or even the brute from Odd One Out (size to scale).

!

So the $250 edition really only has a download code and no disc?

I don't.. I mean, it's just a verify different way of doing it. It's weird. Seems too per-emptive.

I suppose they also might figure if you're willing to spend that much, you're not likely to return the disc as a used game?

FyreWulff

obligatory "now with One BC, can we get a Reach playlist update when Reach goes live on 360 BC" post

Also, I like the idea that non-pvp-skillswole players can contribute by going after AI and bosses in Warzone.

SalientOne

Internet Batman
Is there really no Steitzer in Warzone? Is it off because it would be too much having him speak every few seconds?

No Jeff in Warzone, but he of course remains the announcer for Arena. For Warzone we are presenting the mode as more "in-fiction" - it's a simulation of battles from around the Galaxy. So the Warzone commander (Palmer, for any of you eggheads who didn't recognize her) gives you updates on mission status, objectives and in-session progression.

-The Master Chief
-Fred
-Kelly
-Linda
-Locke
-Buck
-Tanaka
-Vale
-Dr. Halsey
-Jul M'Dama
-Lasky

Absolutely, without a doubt, the biggest ensemble cast in a Halo game yet including new and returning characters. That's not even a complete list.

Looking back, I see why 343 did what the did regarding the demo. They just wanted to show off the mew features

f64e2587954f3fde0c877d0d0c2610a8.jpg

Meow?

The campaign demo we showed was a small section from one of the missions in the game, carefully recrafted to show off some of the new features. We also modified narrative to minimize spoilers.

I know you guys wanted to see open, sandbox gameplay, but that doesn't demo well, especially within tight time constraints for live television. The H5 campaign features the biggest, most open campaign spaces in any Halo game and has been designed with many options and different paths to support cooperative play. If you like open, sandboxy Halo with lots of exploration and replay, you will not be disappoint.

singhr1

No Jeff in Warzone, but he of course remains the announcer for Arena. For Warzone we are presenting the mode as more "in-fiction" - it's a simulation of battles from around the Galaxy. So the Warzone commander (Palmer, for any of you eggheads who didn't recognize her) gives you updates on mission status, objectives and in-session progression.

Absolutely, without a doubt, the biggest ensemble cast in a Halo game yet including new and returning characters. That's not even a complete list.

Meow?

The campaign demo we showed was a small section from one of the missions in the game, carefully recrafted to show off some of the new features. We also modified narrative to minimize spoilers.

I know you guys wanted to see open, sandbox gameplay, but that doesn't demo well, especially within tight time constraints for live television. The H5 campaign features the biggest, most open campaign spaces in any Halo game and has been designed with many options and different paths to support cooperative play. If you like open, sandboxy Halo with lots of exploration and replay, you will not be disappoint.

Great to hear. Looking forward to the Sprint tomorrow. Also could you give us some more info on the cards? I see that the LCE and LE have "premium" cards.

Are there custom game options and Forge for War Zone? I'm assuming no, but it'd be really cool if it had Reach Firefight levels of customization so you could choose when / what bosses appear, vehicles, weapons, etc.

No disc included which has been confirmed now.

According to Rob Semsey's other tweet, the statue will look like this:

Oh man, why couldn't Locke have that black / indigo coloration in-game? Looks awesome.

Madness

Thanks for the clarification. Seems fine when watching but hopefully doesn't feel off or too silent when playing. The chatter and Palmer letting us know what's happening does help. But once you play Arena, you're gonna get used to all the double kill, triple kill, P-U-U-RFEECCCT type announcements haha.

One question about that scripted sequence. Did you press the Artemis tracking thing on stage, or was it scripted Locke would do that, send Vale to check it out. Seems part of the story as opposed to just something players could decide to scan if they wanted.

One question about that scripted sequence. Did you press the Artemis tracking thing on stage, or was it scripted Locke would do that, send Vale to check it out. Seems part of the story as opposed to just something players could decide to scan if they wanted.

I'm curious that stuff as well. Every time I see a Halo campaign take control away from teh player during gameplay, I :mjcry: evry tiem

UKUMI0

"LE releases on 10/27, comes with disc. LCE ships prior to 10/27, comes with code for digital download to pre-install "

Works for me

I was so disappointed when I heard it was coming with a DL code, but upon hearing this I'm over the moon and also happy that I get to save some money.

My original plan was to buy the LCE and digital download so I could play it at midnight, but now that the LCE ships early I can save AU$100(ish).

On a somewhat related note, does anyone else find it interesting the Elite controller comes out on the same day as Halo 5? Is it possible the Elite controller could be bundled with that Halo 5 console that was talked about earlier this year.

link1201

"LE releases on 10/27, comes with disc. LCE ships prior to 10/27, comes with code for digital download to pre-install "

Works for me

Sweet, preordered this morning. Glad I will be able to pre-install.

@343 will Warzone having any kind of rank? The ranking in the beta seemed to work well and I enjoyed playing with others of similar skill. I would like this in all modes.

I would love to learn more about ranks in general, (What changed from the Beta if anything) but I suspect that may be a closer to launch discussion.

Some better Warzone gameplay than that terrible IGN player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSgNz7eAmHQ

Since he gave us a look at the new controller schemes, I went ahead and updated my control template to show off the new Default configuration:

xboconfig_H5_G_default.png

Looks a bit closer to traditional Halo, but you've still got some weirdness like ADS and the switch of Crouch to RS so you can zoom in twice over on LS. (why.jpg)

Also, Bumper Jumper:

xboconfig_H5_G_bumper_jumper.png

Doesn't look to have really changed save for Ground Pound. Also, no idea how to do Stabilizers.

The template downloads have also been updated at the link; the "Controller Configuration Template" .psd file has everything laid out, and lets you switch between the two DPad configurations; the combined one that Halo 5 uses, and a more broad, separated one in the event that left and right DPad buttons have different functions.

Tawpgun

I bet omlet/domino theory went into the code and gave himself unlimited spnkr rocket cards to make up for not having a certain rocket in Destiny

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Still not 100% sure how these cards work, will there be multiple variants of weapons or something, how can we use them or is it only in warzone? Could somebody please fill me in?

AlStrong

----

Thanks for the responses. Any chance we'll get to see some of the sandbox gameplay before launch?

Haruko

Still not 100% sure how these cards work, will there be multiple variants of weapons or something, how can we use them or is it only in warzone? Could somebody please fill me in?

Not sure about multiple variants, but gun/vehicle cards can only be used in Warzone.

Cosmetic only cards (armor unlocks?) can be used in Arena or Warzone.

You also earn cards from Arena or Warzone.

scently

Thanks for the responses. Any chance we'll get to see some of the sandbox gameplay before launch?

Before launch? I need to see more of the campaign right now Al. Its the only mode I am really interested in. We have seen so much of the multiplayer already (including the beta).

Stinkles/SalientOne, will we see more of the campaign this e3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom