• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

Before launch? I need to see more of the campaign right now Al. Its the only mode I am really interested in. We have seen so much of the multiplayer already (including the beta).

Stinkles/SalientOne, will we see more of the campaign this e3?

I don't remember—did we get any more campaign besides the E3 walkthrough for Infinity, a trailer, and a bit of Dawn?

Madness

The campaign footage is also on Halo Channel. Gives a better way to look at it more closely. I'm guessing by that level, Locke and his team already know why Chief is doing what he's doing. They know what the Guardians are, all these new Promethean enemies etc.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Before launch? I need to see more of the campaign right now Al. Its the only mode I am really interested in. We have seen so much of the multiplayer already (including the beta).

Stinkles/SalientOne, will we see more of the campaign this e3?

No,but you'll see more this year.

Fuchsdh

The campaign footage is also on Halo Channel. Gives a better way to look at it more closely. I'm guessing by that level, Locke and his team already know why Chief is doing what he's doing. They know what the Guardians are, all these new Promethean enemies etc.

Yeah who exactly the Prometheans are working for/under the control of will be interesting. Not sure if the new guys will be Jul's or not.

Madness

Also, al Warzone related surprise on the Show Floor.

Weirdly, not game-related. Sort of.

Did Josh choose to do what we saw on stage with the Artemis tracking system, spotting Chief rifle, having Vale check it out, that little bit about Chief already having been through here. Was it scripted to happen every time, or is that something you could choose to do. Meaning give yourself more immersion with the story or bypass it altogether in a speed run etc.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Did Josh choose to do what we saw on stage with the Artemis tracking system, spotting Chief rifle, having Vale check it out, that little bit about Chief already having been through here. Was it scripted to happen every time, or is that something you could choose to do. Meaning give yourself more immersion with the story or bypass it altogether in a speed run etc.

With a couple of deliberately scripted exceptions, mostly just the team practicing and playing the same stretch of level exactly the same way, until that script was "perfect" although it is a bit different every time they played, but ALMOST identical.

Okay I get it. You wanna put hitmarkers in ur game. I hate them, but I can deal.

But... Do you have to make them so massive and spastic that they distract our eyes? I'm sorry but who thinks that's a good idea?

Computer

I don't know why but I really don't like the warzone announcer voice that never shuts up. It sound like Cortana? Its just dose not fit in with MP very well.

jem0208

Okay I get it. You wanna put hitmarkers in ur game. I hate them, but I can deal.

But... Do you have to make them so massive and spastic that they distract our eyes? I'm sorry but who thinks that's a good idea?

I agree the new hitmarkers are silly. However what's wrong with smaller and less obnoxious hitmarkers?

Sorry to go off-topic, but the freakout over in the Nintendo thread is amazing right now.

What's going on?

dwells

What's going on?
Really, really disappointing showing. Biggest thing is Skylanders Amiibos and a bunch more Amiibos. New Star Fox game got revealed and the graphics are awful, which is disappointing given that previous titles were usually great for their time (3D on SNES, fancy fur on Adventures, etc.). New Zelda is a clone of Four Swords no one asked for. The Metroid reveal turns out to be Blastball. Yoshi's Wooly World being used as filler despite it being announced long ago and thoroughly covered and releasing in a week or so.

People are flipping out.

Really, really disappointing showing. Biggest thing is Skylanders Amiibos and a bunch more Amiibos. New Star Fox game got revealed and the graphics are awful, which is disappointing given that previous titles were usually great for their time (3D on SNES, fancy fur on Adventures, etc.). New Zelda is a clone of Four Swords no one asked for. The Metroid reveal turns out to be Blastball. Yoshi's Wooly World being used as filler despite it being announced long ago and thoroughly covered and releasing in a week or so.

People are flipping out.

It's like the Sony conference's evil twin. Take every dearest wish your fanbase has, and poop on them.

When will we see The Fall of Reach trailer? SDCC?

Hopefully.

I am SO FREAKING EXCITED for that.

I agree the new hitmarkers are silly. However what's wrong with smaller and less obnoxious hitmarkers?

I think they are worthless and visually distracting. They also break immersion for me. Grenade hitmarkers are still the most offensive. Nothing like throwing a grenade around a corner to reveal someone who you can't see.

People are flipping out.

Ugh. I hate being a Nintendo fan. They piss me off more than they please me. Maybe it's time for me to just give them up. =(

Halo 5 is now in the store [LINK], as well as the Pre-Order version [LINK] and Digital Deluxe Edition [LINK].

What's included in the Digital deluxe version:
Digital%20Deluxe%20version.png

Madness

I don't know why but I really don't like the warzone announcer voice that never shuts up. It sound like Cortana? Its just dose not fit in with MP very well.

I thought it was Cortana too, but it's Palmer. I like the fact that she's talking a lot, otherwise, without Steitzer, it would be almost too silent. The Spartan chatter, plus Palmer giving you instructions should be enough to make it seem like the action is always intense. Plus you'll have your teammates chatting too, if any use a headset.

dwells

Ugh. I hate being a Nintendo fan. They piss me off more than they please me. Maybe it's time for me to just give them up. =(
So I was following the announcement just to see if they were going to announce a price drop. I've been planning to buy a Wii U for a while and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to drop in price at E3. Not only did they not do a price drop, they had an incredibly weak showing that makes it seem like they've abandoned the console entirely in favor of the NX.

I'm now reconsidering getting a Wii U at all if they're done really supporting it...

So I was following the announcement just to see if they were going to announce a price drop. I've been planning to buy a Wii U for a while and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to drop in price at E3. Not only did they not do a price drop, they had an incredibly weak showing that makes it seem like they've abandoned the console entirely in favor of the NX.

I'm now reconsidering getting a Wii U at all if they're done really supporting it...

I think I might pick one up this holiday for VC if the price is right. But it'd have to be a *really* good price.

Impala26

People are flipping out.

It was a fucking dismal showing on its own, let alone put alongside the great shows Microsoft, Sony and even Bethesda have put on already. Heck even fucking EA's conference got me more excited.

Save Star Fox, all I saw was pretty much filler games.
No mention of the new mainline Zelda title.
No mention of Pokémon ANYTHING whatsoever.
And we get a god-damned chibi arcade multi shooter as our METROID title?

FUCK OFF NINTENDO, seriously.

This one conference was so bad that it nearly killed all the hype for me generated yesterday by MS, Sony and EA COMBINED.

So much for best E3 in years...

/end_rant

link1201

I was going to do the same but I think I'm just going to buy the elite controller instead and see what the nx is all about next year.

It was a fucking dismal showing on its own, let alone put alongside the great shows Microsoft, Sony and even Bethesda have put on already. Heck even fucking EA's conference got me more excited.

The one conference was so bad that it nearly killed all the hype for me generated yesterday by MS, Sony and EA COMBINED.

/end_rant

xFb1o02.png

If you could sell cards earned in arena to Silver Tier scrublords for use in Warzone... oh man, that would be hilarious and profitable.

daedalius

This one conference was so bad that it nearly killed all the hype for me generated yesterday by MS, Sony and EA COMBINED.

So much for best E3 in years...

/end_rant

But dat Destiny trailer, rite?

link1201

So these req cards: is there a through explanation on how they work online anywhere yet? Do you have to continaully earn more or once you unlock something does it stay unlocked.

jem0208

Ugh, Forza and Halo. That's all I ever need. Literally they could stop developing every other game and only make Forza and Halo and I'd still be happy.

tx9t6NS.gif

Just. Oh man, it's so good.

Edit: Didn't realise this was HaloGAF, oh well I'll leave the Forza gif for you all to enjoy.

On Halo though Warzone looks amazing, I was initially a bit mixed but the recent gameplay has changed my mind.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Sooooo interesting how my wish list was kind of sort of what i wanted from warzone

Was hoping for larger scale, but I'll deal.

AlStrong

Ugh, Forza and Halo. That's all I ever need. Literally they could stop developing every other game and only make Forza and Halo and I'd be happy.

Now what'll it take to get the warthog into Forza or even FH... Even if the racing were limited to an all-warthog mode or time trials. :Q____

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom