• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warden Eternal looks and sounds badass.
Great stuff 343

Also Warzone looks great BUT what Invasion did right is they had the Elite perspective and narrator. Which had its own unique-ness than just the Unsc/Spartan faction in that mode.

Warzone only allows you to play as Spartans and with Sarah Palmer as the announcer.

Please update this 343.

Since he gave us a look at the new controller schemes, I went ahead and updated my control template to show off the new Default configuration:

xboconfig_H5_G_default.png

Looks a bit closer to traditional Halo, but you've still got some weirdness like ADS and the switch of Crouch to RS so you can zoom in twice over on LS. (why.jpg)

Also, Bumper Jumper:

xboconfig_H5_G_bumper_jumper.png

Doesn't look to have really changed save for Ground Pound. Also, no idea how to do Stabilizers.

The template downloads have also been updated at the link; the "Controller Configuration Template" .psd file has everything laid out, and lets you switch between the two DPad configurations; the combined one that Halo 5 uses, and a more broad, separated one in the event that left and right DPad buttons have different functions.
Bumper Jumper remains the best way to play halo. Also, stabilizers activate by doing ADS while airborne, or you can optionally set it to activate by pushing the sprint button.

AlStrong

Fall of reach animated series?

Let the great retcon begin.

I think I'd rather have more Halo Legends tbh - I mean we've had the book, the re-dux, the comic book, and the sideways Reach game - but I guess it's meant to tie closely to John's past for Halo 5.

JackHerer

I was hoping they wouldn't make stabilizers impossible to use in Bumper Jumper.

I don't remember this being a huge problem in the beta... They had the toggle iirc.

Gotta say, Warzone looks amazing. It looks like a more balanced version of invasion crossed with Firefight. Seems to take inspiration from Destiny with the bosses hehe... I'm fine with that. It looks like good dumb fun.

Only thing is that 20 maps now doesn't sound like that much once you spread them out across the modes. That 20 maps includes Breakout maps and probably even Forge maps for Arena even though I don't agree that either of these should count toward the total.

Then we have these Warzone maps which may or may not be usable for BTB. I'm guessing not although maybe they will do something like only use a portion of the map. I think we will get at least 2-3 Warzone maps.

JackHerer

HALO 5 ON HOLOLENS. Whatttt

"So Halo 5 on HoloLens didn’t make the Microsoft E3 keynote, but they’re letting people try it at the Xbox booth"

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/610868000573554689

"But yeah, HoloLens is here and I'm online for Halo 5. Larry just told me my head is about to be blown."

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/610866318875697154

Uh, what? I am extremely curious. Maybe there is a way to stream XB1 games to the HoloLens (like they are doing with Windows 10 and Occulus) and play them on the wall like that minecraft demo.

The more I think about it the more likely this seems. It would be an obvious feature to include with the HoloLens. One that would still work well with the small-fov on their current model.

The other option I can think of would be having the HUD projected onto the glass while you play the game normally. That could be kinda cool I guess?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, campaign looks good.

They added a few new screenshots to waypoint, including this one

h5-guardians-campaign-battle-of-sunaion-locke-high-octane-4f64a9b4e5134f15902249004120c124.jpg
This is the first time I've ever looked at a Promethean design and though "that is awesome". More of this, 343.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
HALO 5 ON HOLOLENS. Whatttt

"So Halo 5 on HoloLens didn’t make the Microsoft E3 keynote, but they’re letting people try it at the Xbox booth"

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/610868000573554689

"But yeah, HoloLens is here and I'm online for Halo 5. Larry just told me my head is about to be blown."

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/610866318875697154

It's Halo "experience" and it's cool, but it's not a game. You basically get a war room briefing "on" the Infinity while you wait in line. Sarah Palmer calls you an egghead BUT it's actually the first time consumers will get to try the Hololens, and if you get a chance, do it. It's magical. And you can test out the occlusion.

And to answer another question from this page, yes you can stream (any video basically) to the HoloLens. So you could use it as a monitor for gaming and play in your bed while staring at the ceiling.

singhr1

It's Halo "experience" and it's cool, but it's not a game. You basically get a war room briefing "on" the Infinity while you wait in line. Sarah Palmer calls you an egghead BUT it's actually the first time consumers will get to try the Hololens, and if you get a chance, do it. It's magical. And you can test out the occlusion.

And to answer another question from this page, yes you can stream (any video basically) to the HoloLens. So you could use it as a monitor for gaming and play in your bed while staring at the ceiling.

Very cool. Thanks for the info.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ah, so the shot of young John talking to Halsey wasn't from a terminal after all. Unless it is - and that's a placeholder.

I was a piece of concept art from the animated series (which comes in three acts, and is all available immediately (no airing dates like Forward Unto Dawn and Nightfall)

I was curious if there was a delay with streaming shit

I'm sure there is, but it's negligible. You could easily play SWAT on it, which is my simple litmus test.

GreyWind

I was a piece of concept art from the animated series (which comes in three acts, and is all available immediately (no airing dates like Forward Unto Dawn and Nightfall)

I'm sure there is, but it's negligible. You could easily play SWAT on it, which is my simple litmus test.

Frankie, can we modify the Warzone game-type using forge? Like where to spawn friendly AIs, enemies n stuff like that?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Okay I get it. You wanna put hitmarkers in ur game. I hate them, but I can deal.

But... Do you have to make them so massive and spastic that they distract our eyes? I'm sorry but who thinks that's a good idea?
I kinda like how they look, actually. I see why you'd find them distracting, but if we're gonna have them I like that they're so clear.

Blueblur1

Anyone have a round-up of where we can see Halo 5 today? I've started looking and so far have only found it listed on GameSpot's schedule for 2:20 PM PT today.

Months is pretty conservative. I preordered it back when it first was announced last year lol. Halo 4 was my favorite Halo game so far, so it was a pretty easy decision.

You have to be making spreadsheets and deliberately trying to leverage out the salt over 343's design decisions ITT, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom