• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been posted? It says that a weapon skin will "improve overall weapon accuracy, even when not using precision aiming"...

1X96i0A.png

The hell? I don't even want this in Warzone, stuff like this should be campaign only. Well, no it shouldn't exist at all.

seriously, I'm pretty bummed by this. I always had this nagging suspicion in the back of my mind when I saw weapons had different attachments, but I fooled myself into thinking it was purely cosmetic. God I hate when I'm right to worry...

I guess my one big question is: does it work like all the other Warzone requisitions? Like, is it locked until you get to the right "tier," and can you get it from the regular packs? Because if so, I'm okay with it. You can get power weapons from the things, an improved BR isn't much of a stretch.

Oh man I get it now.

So when I saw the video of Warzone, when selecting REQs, it would say the weapon's name in plural (BRs, SAWs, etc). I guess what this means is that there will be different variants of each weapon.

Am I right?

I guess my one big question is: does it work like all the other Warzone requisitions? Like, is it locked until you get to the right "tier," and can you get it from the regular packs? Because if so, I'm okay with it. You can get power weapons from the things, an improved BR isn't much of a stretch.

I imagine it'll still be controlled through level/tier and that point currency. When you select the weapon, there is another card you have to accept before getting that weapon. I imagine any variants are shown on that screen as well.

Oh man I get it now.

So when I saw the video of Warzone, when selecting REQs, it would say the weapon's name in plural (BRs, SAWs, etc). I guess what this means is that there will be different variants of each weapon.

Am I right?

Yeah, this :p

jem0208

Oh man I get it now.

Am I right?

I dunno, Stinkles says the aesthetic changes carry over so it sounds like something you apply to a weapon and it's permanent.

I dunno, Stinkles says the aesthetic changes carry over so it sounds like something you apply to a weapon and it's permanent.

Still, that sucks. Honestly I'm not too big a fan of weapon skins. I think it fucks with the integrity of the weapon.

Call me crazy, but that's what I think.

Anyways, I just rewatched some more Warzone footage. It definitely looks like there'll be variants of each weapon. The menu had Suppressors, Boltshots, Energy swords. However, they might just be in plural form because there's more than one that you can spawn. Right? ... right?

Computer

I imagine it'll still be controlled through level/tier and that point currency. When you select the weapon, there is another card you have to accept before getting that weapon. I imagine any variants are shown on that screen as well.

Yeah, this :p

Why is it that 343 can not relay the details of a game? Leaving us to speculate about everything. Also why do we have to find out about stupid shit like laser BR's in a leaked Game Stop employee training pamphlet? Its Halo 4 level of communication all over again.

VinFTW

Don't overreact for once pls halogaf. Take it from the king of overreaction. Let's wait and see. I'm all or unlockable attachments tied to progression ala bf4 while keeping arena skins and design change only without messing with function.

I want a gold BR, and I'll gladly take that over paying for maps.

jem0208

I've actually always wanted aesthetic weapon customisation in Halo. Stuff like skins and different scopes is something I've been asking for for a while. I just never wanted them to affect the gameplay

That said locking the gameplay effects to Warzone means this isn't a big issue for me. Spawning in with a rocket launcher has a far bigger effect than a slightly more accurate BR. Neither really bother me in a casual mode like Warzone though.

As long as accuracy buffs etc. keep far, far, far away from Arena.

If we're getting purely cosmetic weapon customization, we better get the option for classic scopes with translucent peripherals and not fully-opaque ones like the Sniper / Rocket Launcher.

Fuchsdh

Don't overreact for once pls halogaf. Take it from the king of overreaction. Let's wait and see. I'm all or unlockable attachments tied to progression ala bf4 while keeping arena skins and design change only without messing with function.

I want a gold BR, and I'll gladly take that over paying for maps.

Basically the only thing I remembered and liked about Army of Two was that I could bling out everything I carried.

Akai__

Watching the Warzone MP footage closely and it seems like they changed the Sniper Rifle quite a bit. The scope isn't that huge anymore (doesn't block your whole right side of the screen) and more importantly the aim assist and bullet magnetism seem toned down.

Isn't the Warzone Q&A pretty soon on the Xbox Daily Show? Can people ask about these weapon customization things and what they exactly do?

Zoolader

Watching the Warzone MP footage closely and it seems like they changed the Sniper Rifle quite a bit. The scope isn't that huge anymore (doesn't block your whole right side of the screen) and more importantly the aim assist and bullet magnetism seem toned down.

Isn't the Warzone Q&A pretty soon on the Xbox Daily Show? Can people ask about these weapon customization things and what they exactly do?

That's good news. Everybody looked like a mlg pro with the sniper during the beta.

Thats an early prototype with "bad" paint and lower fidelity material. The final version weighs a LOT more too. One of our team is in China working on the final details at the factory.

And the statue splits in two so you can use as bookends or mirror the pose. The inside edges are painted and textured for that purpose.
Frank how long do we wait for the Halo 5 LE Console? I MUST have this.

UKUMI0

This might get lost within everything else but I have a theory of how the first half (or at least the first few missions) of Halo 5 will play out. Will spoiler tag it just in case:

First mission is of Osiris hunting down M'Dama and Halsey (fight can be seen in ending montage of campaign gameplay); this gives the player an introduction to the team and their cause. We know their headhunters for UNSC/ONI and I don't really see how them hunting down Halsey would fit into the story after they get the mission to hunt down Blue Team.

Second mission as we already know is Blue Team who have yet to go AWOL, during this mission Chief has a vision of Cortana who tells him that The Domain is opening, Meridian is next and the Reclaimation has began, this is of course the reason Blue Team goes AWOL.

Third mission could either be Blue Team going AWOL (though this could happen during the previous mission) or Osiris being sent after Blue Team, either way we know both these things will happen.

The rest is pretty unknown but Chief is for some reason chasing after or trying to get to the Guardian in order to access the Domain (my guess chasing after because the Guardian has been confirmed to be causing some shit so the "Meridian is next" from before could mean the Guardian is messing shit up, and for some reason Osiris is with the Arbiter while he is trying to take out the Covenant remnants which leads to the campaign mission we saw at E3.

Sort of hope I'm wrong about Halsey because it would be great for her to show up later.

E3's been amazing so far. IMO Sony did a much better job playing to the fans with Shenmue, TLG, and FF. Microsoft should have done something the fans were begging for ie Banjo 3. At least we get Conker and Banjo ports + Yooka Laylee next year!
Breaks my heart.

Sure they can ask lol, but do you really think they're going to give any real answers to anything other than the silly "We're talking about it later this year" response Frank has been throwing around?

Hilarious, NO SHIT we'll find out later this year lmfao.. That must be some joke, laughing as he types it while twirling his invisible mustache. There was no reason to wait on telling us about flag dropping, automatic pickups and the hilariously bad KILL waypoint over objective carriers, but they said "We're considering how to reveal this to you." It's a GOT DAMN SIMPLE QUESTION with nothing to think about. The only reason they'd have to consider something like this is if they're fumbling on design decisions, which this late in development may give off an impression of incompetence or sketchiness, both of which are avoidable in many cases.

It's no wonder many people see their PR as shady sometimes, sorry to say.

That Magnum Smart Scope pains me.. Slower shooting too, ehh.

Hopefully they have the Legendary Keyes Pistol and Legendary Sangheili/Plasma Rifle with plasma stun. I'm not surprised that the Storm Rifle returned despite having an opportunity to bring the Plasma Rifle back as the Covenant AR. Pretty underwhelming in my opinion, and I'm hoping the Suppressor feels improved in some way as well. So much fluff without much distinction.
  • AR is the AR
  • Storm Rifle is an AR that overheats quickly and reloads less
  • SMG is a faster shooting AR with more range
  • SAW is a faster shooting AR with more range
  • Suppressor is a slower shooting AR with less range
They all function similarly with slight variations in range and ROF, but why stop there? I find it so disappointing how they still aren't make these weapons and vehicles unique enough from the UNSC counterparts.
If we're getting purely cosmetic weapon customization, we better get the option for classic scopes with translucent peripherals and not fully-opaque ones like the Sniper / Rocket Launcher.
Let's put this into perspective for a moment: They created different HUD's for campaign and possibly multiplayer (speculation obviously), and they're creating skins to alter gameplay, but they couldn't/wouldn't give us classic scopes.

Ouch..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom