• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems all the vehicles got a buff to balance them. Ex.

Mantis moves faster and doesn't need to charge rockets.
Banshee also has a shield now.

Haven't seen enough of others yet.

I mean, I guess it makes sense.

Vehicles would melt under 12 people, and with power weapons given like candy no less.

Karl2177

Meow?

The campaign demo we showed was a small section from one of the missions in the game, carefully recrafted to show off some of the new features. We also modified narrative to minimize spoilers.

I know you guys wanted to see open, sandbox gameplay, but that doesn't demo well, especially within tight time constraints for live television. The H5 campaign features the biggest, most open campaign spaces in any Halo game and has been designed with many options and different paths to support cooperative play. If you like open, sandboxy Halo with lots of exploration and replay, you will not be disappoint.

I can understand that more open, sandbox gameplay is something that can mess up, especially for a product still in development. Having said that, the demo showed stuff that I didn't want to see. Upon watching it again, the Artemis activating seemed to be a scripted event. The floor dropping beneath the player's feet was most definitely scripted. Locke grabbing the ledge to keep from falling seemed like something scripted. These scripts seem like they will be in the final game, taking control away from the player. This is different from stuff that looks scripted for the sake of showing features. This would be the "Tanaka and Vale go Left, Buck and I will go right" styled commands. Or the 343i E3 trailer special where the protagonist gets knocked down by some Promethean character.

I can understand the latter series of scripts, but the former are part of why I'm not a fan of Halo 4's campaign or the Halo 3 Cortana moments.

jem0208

Fuck that shit jem. Even for you this is gross and annoying. Think for once.

Jesus, all I'm doing is telling you the facts. I'm sorry that's getting in the way of your flood of salt.

And?

Tying gameplay modifying weapon skins of all things to retailer pre order bonuses or whatever is lame.

Again, I'm literally just telling you how it works. So much overraction has occurred in this community due to misinformation and the lack of complete details.

You're a great part of the 343 pr machine bruh.

SMH. I find it hilarious that you think it's "gross" to inform people of the full story, I really do. Would you rather I said nothing so you could go on a massive rant about how 343 is ruining Halo? I didn't offer a single opinion in that post, I literally just told you the facts. If you think that makes me part of the "pr machine" then you're even more jaded and cynical than I thought. Seriously, grow the fuck up. This tirade of bullshit is beyond tiring.

VinFTW

I mean you're completely right.

Doesn't make it any less shitty.

Fair enough, but again, you don't even have to know it exists. Just enjoy arena or campaign.

Warzone sounds fun, but this stuff literally kills all interest for it. And the fact that it sounds like preorder stuff will be exclusive.

That's sheisty.

I remember Frank saying anything you obtain from pre-orders can be obtained yourself fairly easily (he was talking armor at the time).

I'll reserve judgement before further explanation.

RowdyReverb

You're a great part of the 343 pr machine bruh.
Rude. What jem said isn't inaccurate and it was a reasonable response.

343i basically forked H4's multiplayer into two separate games to cater to their split fanbase. Warzone is obviously made for people who like Halo or FPS in general who don't give a damn about equal starts, perfect balance, or traditional Halo gameplay. Arena is the very opposite, built with forum dwellers and competitive veteran Halo players in mind.
If Warzone's approach bothers you, you should just tune out all future news regarding it. Treat it as a game you're not interested in.

If it's not for you, it's not for you man, you don't have to worry about the skins or Warzone.

Its completely optional.
Warzone sounds fun, but this stuff literally kills all interest for it. And the fact that it sounds like preorder stuff will be exclusive.

That's sheisty.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Who is Warzone for?

I'd rather have a fleshed out Firefight.
I'd rather have a fleshed out BTB experience not based around random elements.
I like the decades worth of fighting over spawns to control items and vehicles and fighting for control of the game.

Warzone sounds like the worst elements of the nasty random mess of Halo 4's attempt at Halo multiplayer. I couldn't stomach Halo 4's pretend BTB for more than a few weeks.

That's sheisty.

Honestly, as long as the *gulp* gameplay affecting weapons are unlockable through normal manes, I'm somewhat okay with it.

Warzone is a totally different experience from the basic MP in the game.

I will miss Firefight though. It was a great way to warm up.

I will say tho, I do hope that it's not retailer/preorder exclusive. Like, preordering at Gamestop gets you Locke's armor, but you can still unlock it in game. If it's like that, I'd be much happier.

Who is Warzone for?

I like the decades worth of fighting over spawns to control items and vehicles and fighting for control of the game.

Warzone sounds like the worst elements of the nasty random mess of Halo 4's attempt at Halo multiplayer. I couldn't stomach Halo 4's pretend BTB for more than a few weeks.

I like the sound of it. Gonna be a glorious clusterfuck.

jem0208

Rag is like bizarro-world Jem

both are terrible tho

<3

Who is Warzone for?

Casual players who like Halo 4's style of gameplay, I mean they do exist. BTB was the most popular H4 playlist.

I think it looks like a lot of fun as long as you don't take it too seriously.

I think that's because everyone but the casuals dropped Halo 4 almost instantly. Kinda skews the data a little I feel.

Where's the population graph..

Well obviously, they still have that casual fan base though. Lots of people have been saying they like the look of Warzone, it clearly appeals to the casual player pretty hard. Big battles, lots of action.

hm... I was sort of wondering if there was a Warzone variant that was just 1 human team vs AI.

What was wrong with H4 BTB? Ordinance?

Spawning with plasma pistols and plasma grenades was the worst aspect IMO. I still enjoyed H4 BTB but it had some issues.

hm... I was sort of wondering if there was a Warzone variant that was just 1 human team vs AI.

What was wrong with H4 BTB? Ordinance?

Yeah.

Power weapons were absolutely everywhere, DMRs and flinch stifled the map, vehicles were paper, and you could spawn with plasma grenades and plasma pistols.

New pictures of the real Limited Collectors Edition statue:
CHpY-EVUMAEcbFL.jpg

CHpYuXXVEAIF-2o.jpg

That isn't a very nice statue. Titanfall was like 2 feet tall. The Reach statue is nicer than that. If this was both full teams then yeah. $150 for that? The animated thing will be on YT in a day and Netflix shortly after. Plus, its going to be that Halo Channel nonsense, not a Bluray or anything.

rrc1594

Warzone is sounding iffy half to play it for full confirmation. As long as Arena and BTB is fair starts no bullshit I'll be okay

So now that Maps technically have no monetary value, what are the chances Forge will be an actual mapmaker?

Fallout is supporting mods on Xbox One.

Why not develop a pc program that allows us to make maps and transfer them over from Windows 10?

Nows the time.

Obscured

Arena and Warzone both look to scratch different itches for me and i hate to be greedy but I'd also like a firefight/spartan ops type experience. Hopefully there will be more info coming (forge). Also MM for both coop and competitive modes.

SalientOne

Internet Batman
That isn't a very nice statue. Titanfall was like 2 feet tall. The Reach statue is nicer than that. If this was both full teams then yeah. $150 for that?

It's made by TriForce and SO much higher quality than either of those statues (I have held all three), but to each their own.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So now that Maps technically have no monetary value, what are the chances Forge will be an actual mapmaker?

Why not develop a pc program that allows us to make maps and transfer them over from Windows 10?

Nows the time.

Don't need a PC program if the map maker is good enough, see the new Doom.

Frankie has said Forge has been "significantly improved and it's not just an iteration. So take what he says is true and wait and see.

link1201

Nows the time.

I would love this for forge creators. It would be a great addition.

It's made by TriForce and SO much higher quality than either of those statues (I have held all three), but to each their own.

Ok, then the pictures don't do it justice. That's what happens when you announce the most expensive CE in franchise history without any picture. The Reach statue has all of Noble Team and the Titanfall one lights up and is gigantic. I own both.

Frankie has said Forge has been "significantly improved and it's not just an iteration. So take what he says is true and wait and see.

Would prefer a PC program, honestly. There's a reason you don't see many graphic designers working with controllers :p

Nows the time.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, even if Forge has been substantially improved we still know that we'll be using gray blocks to build everything. We saw forge maps in the beta.

belushy

Banned
Maybe a post launch feature if they can manage it. I don't think it will happen for launch.

So many creative people in our community. With real tools it would amazing to see what they can make.

So the Warzone commander (Palmer, for any of you eggheads who didn't recognize her) gives you updates on mission status, objectives and in-session progression.
lol Embrace our inner eggheads we all must! Maybe enough time has passed that people will see the humor in Halo again. I'm glad you guys aren't pumping it as this super serious, super sophisticated story anymore and seem to be embracing the funnier parts of Halo, like Grunts squealing in English.
Who is Warzone for?
For people who want to mess around in Halo's sandbox without thinking about "Who is this gametype for?"
Firefight was cool and still a lot of potential left to be explored. Firefight Versus, for example, could be fleshed out into an exciting mode of its own.

That can still be a thing, and playing on these large maps, 12v12, could be very interesting without AI depending on weapon, vehicle, Power-up, spawn points, etc. placements.

Overdoziz

Banned

Eh, seems like the Doom editor is gonna be fairly basic in term of geometry. Reminds me a lot of the Timesplitters editor. Also, if Forge has been significantly improved then the beta Forge maps aren't showing that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom