• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

MrDaravon

Wait, killcams are in Slayer Pro? Killcams don't bother me at all in general, but why the fuck would they be in a "Pro" playlist that has no radar?

No, the idea of CGB is absolute flexibility. You can play any map, any gametype with any custom settings whenever you want. This'd allow for a much more networked community where good forge maps and creative gametypes can easily thrive due to accessibility. It'd also allow for better management of games, where teamkillers and trashtalkers can be booted and games can be tailored to the needs of the individual. Headset mandatory etc.

And that wouldn't impact Matchmaking in any way shape or form, right?

For a series which fostered sooo many communities, I personally don't think those communities would benefit from a CGB. Give them group lists of friends instead. How does what you describe above for the host differ to Reach? You can boot players and game options can be tailored to the individual.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
you misunderstood me (my fault i'm sure). i want to play halo 4 with you in november.

(though i may be on reach tonight)

Oh lol

For sure then

Not gonna be playing with friends this year (they are military) so I will have plenty of time after I roll the campaign

Seance

Banned
Slayer pro

7lDxD.gif

Overdoziz

Banned
So why does the tower Forge piece show up on killcams now?
Edit: So all Forge objects show up on killcams on the cave Forge map but no the space on.e

feel

What map is this?

Sprint is standard in Slayer Pro? Good. Less confusion, better chance of playlist not dying a death.
Yep, I hate Sprint but still posted exactly the same earlier. Reach is a clusterfuck with all the different gameplays.

Slayer Pro is so sweet.

Moa

Man, the kill cams are so buggy, invisible forge pieces, vehicles vanishing in kill cams, reticules being the wrong colour.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
not sure why anyone thought flood looked good... looked the same as reach but with supper thrust and actual skins, both of which dont equal fun

Conor 419

Banned
And that wouldn't impact Matchmaking in any way shape or form, right?

For a series which fostered sooo many communities, I personally don't think those communities would benefit from a CGB. Give them group lists of friends instead. How does what you describe above for the host differ to Reach? You can boot players and game options can be tailored to the individual.

No, there wouldn't be matchmaking. Think about TF2/CSS, that's how the whole system would work.

Rtas

anyone up for a bit of reach online, I'm easy in terms of whatever anyone wants to play, just fancy getting a few games

MrDaravon

Aside from this map looking awful and killcams being there, Slayer Pro at least looks like what people wanted from that, so that's good.

Why is the Ascension centre peice just stuck there lol.

Considering how all the forge peices are taken from Reach - the Reach forge remakes should all work in Halo 4 if the right bits of geometry can be found. Not sure if I like that or not. Ascension could be interesting though.

MrDaravon

Didn't they say it would only be in certain playlists? Guess they were severely kidding. I don't really care, either way. I'll skip them 99% of the time. Just glad Slayer Pro actually has a respawn timer.

Well it's a problem in Slayer Pro at least since that appears to be a more "hardcore" playlist with no radar, but if you're sniping or whatnot and people can see exactly where you are when you kill them...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Why is the Asylum centre peice just stuck there lol.

Considering how all the forge peices are taken from Reach - the Reach forge remakes should all work in Halo 4 if the right bits of geometry can be found. Not sure if I like that or not. Alylum could be interesting though.
Or Sanctuary could be legit remade and look gorgeous, but that would be too much to ask for. :|

No, there wouldn't be matchmaking. Think about TF2/CSS, that's how the whole system would work.

You're absolutely crazy for wanting that on a console. No way. It takes too much away from just about everything Halo (and console games as a whole) have strived to do for so long now. Nope.

Why is the Asylum centre peice just stuck there lol.

Considering how all the forge peices are taken from Reach - the Reach forge remakes should all work in Halo 4 if the right bits of geometry can be found. Not sure if I like that or not. Alylum could be interesting though.

EDIT: Sorry not Asylum, what was the other map with the rotating dish thing in the middle? On Halo 2 it had a Banshee on it at the end of a walkway.

Ascension

Moa

Why is the Ascension centre peice just stuck there lol.

Considering how all the forge peices are taken from Reach - the Reach forge remakes should all work in Halo 4 if the right bits of geometry can be found. Not sure if I like that or not. Ascension could be interesting though.

Worlds most pointless teleporter, leading to the worlds most pointless part of the map.

Does it? Looks like you can respawn pretty damn quickly, unless he's changed the respawn settings
I thought I saw one, but yeah, he seemed to pop back in instantly on one of those last deaths.

In which case... :/

Seems like they were misleading (probably by mistake, not knowing what the final settings would be) about some things. I remember the initial reveal of Infinity Slayer being softened by 343 employees saying instant respawn was, again, only in 'some' playlists.

I also get the feelings killcams were a really late addition. They seem janky as fuck.

Your posts on the visible rank have really made me reflect on it. And I have to say I agree with you guys. I don't think I would have heading into Reach, but thinking back on it now...

Reach died off way faster with me and my friends than Halo 3 did. A lot of that was Armor Lock, but thinking back on it now, I think the visible rank plays a huge part.

Shake Appeal listed out a bunch of the reasons, and I agree with them. I was never great at the game -- usually hovered around 35 as an average. But it still made every match feel important and made me want to improve.

I think another aspect that made it important for me though was that I could get a quick glance at the room and see who the good players were, and tactically who I should be more careful around, who was around my level, and it affected how I played.

Beyond that, when I had an amazing game and styled on a highly ranked player, I felt really, really awesome. When I lost to a few low-ranked players, I knew it was probably time to stop for the night. the matches had meaning and I went into every game really amped to do well and improve.

Yes, H3's system was fucked in a few ways, especially with alt-accounts and people boosting like that, and it affecting other players in an overly-negative fashion, and also the sort of "cap" you would hit over time as opposed to being a really true measure of recent ability as opposed to lifetime.

Anyway, with all of this info in mind, I'm thinking I'm going to reduce my preorder to the regular edition. I don't mean this as a big melodramatic post, but I've been considering it for a while now and considering how quickly Reach died out for me, if the same happens with H4 I'll have wasted my money on maps I'll never play on.

Hopefully 343 changes their minds and adds the visible ranking system in there.

I thought I saw one, but yeah, he seemed to pop back in instantly on one of those last deaths.

In which case... :/

Seems like they were misleading (probably by mistake, not knowing what the final settings would be) about some things. I remember the initial reveal of Infinity Slayer being softened by 343 employees saying instant respawn was, again, only in 'some' playlists.

"There will be a ranking system, it will be different from previous Halo games"

*is actually COD-esque progression system*

Ascension

Yeah sorry thats the one. Sanctuary/ Ascension and the other maps which where remade in Reach Forge could be remade.

That also opens up the possibility of a Cage remake lol. Hope that never happens.

Seems that way - I know for sure a bunch of the peices are re-used from Reach as people have managed to make the maps shown in the Halo 4 forge videos in Reach already. They have also added a bunch more peices so its not like they where lazy. (or so I think)

Top Bottom