• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Halo Italy

Neo Member
We need this as a Promethean melee weapon already.

2882652056_ab01a62ece.jpg

Fake or real??

Nazgul11

I'm really glad that Microsoft pulled back on a lot of the things they were trying to do with the Halo franchise, and ended up releasing Halo Wars as the only spinoff. It's pretty evident that they wanted to put the Halo name on a bunch of stuff during those times, and I feel like things could've gotten a little bit crazy. They made the right call.

I'm really glad that Microsoft pulled back on a lot of the things they were trying to do with the Halo franchise, and ended up releasing Halo Wars as the only spinoff. It's pretty evident that they wanted to put the Halo name on a bunch of stuff during those times, and I feel like things could've gotten a little bit crazy. They made the right call.

I'd like to see Halo Wars 2.

You watching the Arena Gaming tourney? It's a bit hard to follow as they stick with a single POV during each game, don't have commentators, and the stream stutters at times. Actually makes me miss MLG.

That whole game was a crispy not-stuttering Snipedown POV. And he made one of the clutch plays at the end to come back from 44-36 to win.

Sai-kun

Banned
Halo 4 spoilers: there are hot male Spartans

NMy0A.png

Is Dev male? I don't even know. If not, still funny, if yes, even more awesome. :lol

Edit: She's female! Oh well, still laughed. 343 better not retcon this. Every spartan better be at least a 9/10 or I'm canceling my preorder

IHaveIce

Banned

Wasn't there also a Halo DS idea way way back? I think it didn't even get to an pre-alpha build.

Fuchsdh

I don't give a Fuch.

If I had a dime every time someone used this...

also popular: using my name with a possesive form. "Wait, so if it was David Fuchs' sister, it sounds like..."

Gotta watch out for Klaus Fuchs though.

No relation as far as I know. My granddad was in the OSS. No guilt here :p

Good website for pronouncing stuff, if you're ever unsure, btw:

http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=fuchs&submit=Submit

GAF-internet-GAF, eh?
Didn't someone here shop this?

Might have. Think I saw it on HBO first, but that doesn't mean anything since Wu's here too.

That could be the cover and I'd be 100% happy. Continuity with Combat Evolved Anniversary, plus harmonious with the original cover as well. There are some minor profile issues I would tweak in the design and I'd still stick Chief up high, but I'm mostly sold on it.

TCKaos

I know its fake but I want it to be real. wwm0nkey this would make a good avatar.

I've been giving it some thought, and I think I've posted this before, but I'd prefer Halo 2 Anniversary to be a Halo 4 multiplayer map pack (Turf, Zanzibar, Waterworks) and a season of SPOps. Not sure how you'd make the Arbiter missions work, but you could potentially have all of the Chief missions as missions in SPOps. Imagine bringing back the Flood Juggernaut. Make it a boss fight with the Mantis.

343 pls.

I posted this many OTs ago :p
I was implying that your H2 arcade avatar should be replaced with this. I forgot you switched to the didact symbol.
I've been giving it some thought, and I think I've posted this before, but I'd prefer Halo 2 Anniversary to be a Halo 4 multiplayer map pack (Turf, Zanzibar, Waterworks) and a season of SPOps. Not sure how you'd make the Arbiter missions work, but you could potentially have all of the Chief missions as missions in SPOps. Imagine bringing back the Flood Juggernaut. Make it a boss fight with the Mantis.

343 pls.
I would love to see it all built in the Halo 4 engine. That way they could do a digital version that could launch straight from the H4 main menu. That way online coop would work better than it did in CEA. It would be cool if we got a "directors cut" as well with some of the cut ideas from H2.

Halo 2 had too many good maps. In a perfect world H2A would have:
  1. Lockout
  2. Midship
  3. Burial Mounds
  4. Colossus
  5. Zanzibar
  6. Coagulation
  7. Headlong
  8. Waterworks
  9. Foundation
  10. Containment
  11. Warlock
  12. Sanctuary
  13. Turf
  14. Gemini
  15. Relic
  16. Terminal

Holy shit! Now Ninja's team gets an amazing comeback on KOTH from like 80 seconds behind!? This series is intense.

EDIT: Game 11 is Slayer on The Pit. Perfect series.

Again, was this done with a mouse? When I think MS paint, I think of crudely drawn things with a mouse, that looks way beyond that...
I highly doubt it was made with a mouse.

(For the record, I never said you had to use a mouse, you just had to draw in MS Paint or something similar.)

I wanted that book so bad =(, anyway congratz to the winner

Your entry was fantastic - it really made me frustrated that I couldn't go through with my intended judging plan and had to resort to a random draw for the whole thing. Still, the last thing I wanted to do was judge it myself and be accused of favoritism. Sorry! :(

Hopefully the next contest will be a little smoother. I still have plenty of ONI patches to give out, as well as a few posters. Not to mention whatever swag I pick up at NYCC this week.

---
For reference, this was Orochinagis' entry. I thought it was great:
orochinagis.png

Fuchsdh

I was implying that your H2 arcade avatar should be replaced with this. I forgot you switched to the didact symbol.

I would love to see it all built in the Halo 4 engine. That way they could do a digital version that could launch straight from the H4 main menu. That way online coop would work better than it did in CEA. It would be cool if we got a "directors cut" as well with some of the cut ideas from H2.

Halo 2 had too many good maps. In a perfect world H2A would have:
  1. Lockout
  2. Midship
  3. Burial Mounds
  4. Colossus
  5. Zanzibar
  6. Coagulation
  7. Headlong
  8. Waterworks
  9. Foundation
  10. Containment
  11. Warlock
  12. Sanctuary
  13. Turf
  14. Gemini
  15. Relic
  16. Terminal

Running Halo 2A through Halo 4 Ops would be a great idea the more I think about it, in that I dont think H2A would have the same goal of bringing in new fans. It wouldn't exist as a standalone product, but I think that ultimately it would be a better idea to just integrate the DLC heavily into Halo 4 or 5 or whatever. We've all learned lessons from Anniversary's approach.

If we had to pick the same number of maps as CEA, I'd pick Gemini, Relic, Terminal, Waterworks, and Colossus. I'm not sure Turf would work at all in the Halo 4 sandbox, so that leaves medium or large maps for me. Terminal could easily be converted from a BTB into a smaller area for other gametypes via forging.

Running Halo 2A through Halo 4 Ops would be a great idea the more I think about it, in that I dont think H2A would have the same goal of bringing in new fans. It wouldn't exist as a standalone product, but I think that ultimately it would be a better idea to just integrate the DLC heavily into Halo 4 or 5 or whatever. We've all learned lessons from Anniversary's approach.
I wouldn't want to see it as SOPs but it would be cool if it was an option on the main menu and it played in the H4 engine.

I don't see why it wouldn't.
He is saying that he would rather have Halo 2 with online play in the H2 engine as opposed to the way CEA had a Reach map pack.

Edit: bottom of the page.

Top Bottom