• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
tF03Y.gif

let me get it, The Console and the LE now have the same season pass?

The Limited Edition now includes the exact same season pass as can be bought separately on Xbox Live. As the pass is now consistent, anyone with the pass gets the helmets.

The Halo 4 360 console does not come with the pass. The pass must be bought separately.

senador

Banned
I think you may still be able to unlock it in game, you just can't get the preorder skin the the U.S. Not too sure about this though. You could probably check an armory video to see if there are two versions of the helmet listed. I would but I can get on YouTube at the moment.

Armory Image
H4_LOCUS_2.png

Preorder Skin
H4_Locus_Helmet.jpg

Well hey there. This is comforting. I actually really like that helmet and was bummed I didn't think I'd have access to it, but this makes it look like the preorder bonus really is just the skin. Woot!

MrDaravon

I find it hard to believe that you won't be able to find one, I have 3 LE pre-orders probably only getting one since my two brothers ended up getting their own. Peoples circumstances change all the time you may find that instore at launch there may be extras at somewhere like Bestbuy. Gamestop crap for employees, hate going there so yeah you probably won't end up with one from there.

There's a CAG thread dedicated to getting these things; aside from occasionally coming in-stock briefly somewhere online, these things have seriously not been generally available for a good 4-6 weeks or longer.

Also again I'm currently unemployed, and was getting it from Gamestop because I already had it paid off. While I could technically spend the money to get it somewhere else if in theory that presented itself, probably not the best idea to spend $100 on something like that right now. And even if I could re-up at Gamestop I can't now; when I downgraded the LE I used the difference to pay off 80% of the cost of the Lego LotR game coming out next week, which my wife was super super thrilled about getting (we originally weren't because of the employment thing) so I'm not going to crush my wife's dreams now for a steel case lol.

Anyway it's a moot point now; they're doing right by their consumers ultimately, but their messaging has sucked major dick and I'm seeing other people online now who are screwed and in the same situation. Nothing to be done about it now for me, continue bitching (rightfully) about campaign theater or whatever. You can pray for me to get a sweet drop in Diablo 3 which I can sell for real money to buy the case later on :p

It's a sad catch-22, the LE armour situation.
They've made the right decision, but the fact it happened at all was poor form. Lessons for the future hopefully.

I hope so, it's been one of the most convoluted marketing strategies I've ever seen.

Whichever team was in charge of it, needs slapping.

Where can I find what the Amazon LE preorder comes with?

Probably Amazon. You're on the internet. Right now.

But since I preordered from Amazon, I'll spare you the LMGTFY link. It comes with the Web armor skin for the CIO armor.

Which brings up another question. There'd be no point in getting an armor skin for armor you can't even use yet. I'm thinking all of these skins work a lot like the Recon helmet did in Reach. If you preordered from Gamestop, you unlocked the special attachment Recon helmet early. However, if you wanted the normal Recon helmet, you still had to unlock it the old fashioned way.
I'm thinking each skin will unlock that set of armor, but only that specific skin variant. There'd be little point to the preorder bonus otherwise. If you want the normal variant, you have to unlock it the normal way.

Just a guess.

darthbob

Probably Amazon.

But since I preordered from Amazon, I'll spare you the LMGTFY link. It comes with the Web armor skin for the CIO armor.

Which brings up another question. There'd be no point in getting an armor skin for armor you can't even use yet. I'm thinking all of these skins work a lot like the Recon helmet did in Reach. If you preordered from Gamestop, you unlocked the special attachment Recon helmet early. However, if you wanted the normal Recon helmet, you still had to unlock it the old fashioned way.
I'm thinking each skin will unlock that set of armor, but only that specific skin variant. There'd be little point to the preorder bonus otherwise. If you want the normal variant, you have to unlock it the normal way.

Just a guess.

Looks like just the Web Armor skin then?

Oh well, wish I went the GameStop route, they get all these cool skins and shit... :-/

Fuckin 'A, man. :D

Ken

Probably Amazon. You're on the internet. Right now.

Just a guess.

I was hoping the skin was just a texture that would fit on any armor model but I suppose that's expecting too much.

Woorloog

Banned

Oh well, wish I went the GameStop route, they get all these cool skins and shit... :-/

Trade? I might want that CIO Web skin, i may get the HAZOP's camo skin. But not sure if i do. Also not sure if i actually want to trade... but think of this as a possible trade?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Feel sorry for those who scrapped their LEs
I don't feel like I'll be missing out on anything. When I made the decision to downgrade, I was bummed about missing out on the early access to the other specializations, but then that was revealed to not be exclusive to the LE, either. I'd rather save a few bucks and get the Standard Edition + Map Pass. It's a small price difference, but I hate buying into a 'premium edition' that doesn't feel premium to me. Plus I prefer the standard case over the steelbook, hehe.

hahaha

I hope so, it's been one of the most convoluted marketing strategies I've ever seen.

Whichever team was in charge of it, needs slapping.

I really and truly think this has been the best marketing run I have seen of any video game. The Didact really screwed with them - really was viral marketing from the very beginning. Good show 343.

I can almost certainly say I would be buying Assassins Creed 3 rather than Halo 4 if it wasnt for Eurogamer - sad thing is, I know people who haven't had a chance to play the game who are not touching it because of this terrible marketing campaign - Avateur over on HBO made a post to that effect :(

Fuckin 'A, man. :D

Yes, I believe that's all.

But I'm a huge Spider-Man fan so I'm more excited about it than anything offered by the other retailers. Plus, with Amazon Prime, I get free release day delivery. I love Amazon Prime.

I have too much to do during the day to stay up and pick it up at midnight or first thing in the morning, but it will be waiting for me for when I get home (with zero effort on my part!).

darthbob

Trade? I might want that CIO Web skin, i may get the HAZOP's camo skin. But not sure if i do. Also not sure if i actually want to trade... but think of this as a possible trade?

Yeah, perhaps. The HAZOP skin looks cooler to me anyways.

But the CIO armor is balling.

I can't believe I just used the word 'balling'...Oh Workaholics...

I was hoping the skin was just a texture that would fit on any armor model but I suppose that's expecting too much.

Oh, me too, definitely. I'd much prefer that. Then I could run around like Spider-Man in any armor I wanted.

But that doesn't seem to be the case, so that's my theory.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can almost certainly say I would be buying Assassins Creed 3 rather than Halo 4 if it wasnt for Eurogamer - sad thing is, I know people who haven't had a chance to play the game who are not touching it because of this terrible marketing campaign - Avateur over on HBO made a post to that effect :(
Someone on a Halo forum isn't buying the game cause of the marketing campaign? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Edit : The pre-order bonuses have been a mess, yes, but if that's your primary reason for skipping Halo 4, then wow.

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, perhaps. The HAZOP skin looks cooler to me anyways.

But the CIO armor is balling.

I can't believe I just used the word 'balling'...Oh Workaholics...

I think someone had a google spreadsheet for potential trades?
Anyone have the link?

CIO armor does look ok. But i like HAZOP helmet too. Also Warrior.
Dammit. Too many choices. And still no randomization option for armor and colors.

heckfu

Banned
I don't want to tell you how far Awesome Barlow drove just now but he just called me and informed me that he picked me up a case of gamer fuel! Kudos to that guy.

it was 60 miles total

I don't want to tell you how far Awesome Barlow drove just now but he just called me and informed me that he picked me up a case of gamer fuel! Kudos to that guy.

it was 60 miles total

Barlow is great.

When you're in the midnight launch line with him, ask him about his policy on China.

Should kill some time.

Waaghals

At this point it would be nice to have a rundown of what features are in the game.

Is split screen coop confirmed?

how many in normal MP?

System link?

As far as I can tell no one has confirmed or denied these things.

zlatko

Banned

it was 60 miles total

Id normally say this is madness, but Gamer Fuel tastes soooo daaaaamn gooood.

TheOddOne

Someone on a Halo forum isn't buying the game cause of the marketing campaign? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Edit : The pre-order bonuses have been a mess, yes, but if that's your primary reason for skipping Halo 4, then wow.
People have standards, kittens.

Shitty and nonsensical standards.

Is it?

I don't know his reasons - but I know he's a pretty level headed guy - and I remember reading he is planning to play through Assassins Creed 3 and then maybe get it when hes done with that. Which is exactly what I was contemplating to do before I got to play the game. I cant speak for him, and hate the idea of cross posting on his behalf - so I will give my reasoning's. Assassins Creed 3's marketing has hit some pretty good high notes. Then I look at Halo 4 and see:

The GI article - which has yet to be debunked or clarified.
A leaked barnyard video
Any Halo 4 footage is offscreen. (343 marketing department must have taken inspiration from the leaked barnyard vid)
Any direct footage of Halo 4 is of campaign - the mode I dont want spoiled.
Oh finally, some direct feed video - oh its 8 perspectives of one match.
Limited edition debacle.
whole bunch of other debacles including specializations etc.
I could go on.

If I hadn't played the game I would still expect it to suck to be quite frank - not because the marketing is bad, but because the marketing is showing a very bad game. Everything on paper makes the game look terrible - 343/ microsoft has yet to put out a single bit of marketing that captures how good the game is - which is shocking.

Just saw the edit: I don't think that's anyone's reasons - but it does go a long way into making the company seem pretty incompetent. I mean if you only have time for one game, and one game is a pretty solid package and the other has all the bullshit surrounding it - I know which one is more enticing to me.

Is it?

I don't know his reasons - but I know he's a pretty level headed guy - and I remember reading he is planning to play through Assassins Creed 3 and then maybe get it when hes done with that.

Which is exactly what I was contemplating to do before I got to play the game.

I cant speak for him, and hate the idea of cross posting on his behalf - so I will give my reasoning's. Assassins Creed 3's marketing has hit some pretty good high notes. Then I look at Halo 4 and see:

The GI article - which has yet to be debunked or clarified.
A leaked barnyard video
Any Halo 4 footage is offscreen. (343 marketing department must have taken inspiration from the leaked barnyard vid)
Any direct footage of Halo 4 is of campaign - the mode I dont want spoiled.
Oh finally, some direct feed video - oh its 8 perspectives of one match.
Limited edition debacle.
whole bunch of other debacles including specializations etc.
I could go on.

If I hadn't played the game I would still expect it to suck to be quite frank. Nothing on paper makes the game look good - 343/ microsoft has yet to put out a single bit of marketing that captures how good the game is - which is shocking.

Oh man, do you remember when so many people were convinced those details were fake :lol How far we've come.

TheOddOne

Is it?

I don't know his reasons - but I know he's a pretty level headed guy - and I remember reading he is planning to play through Assassins Creed 3 and then maybe get it when hes done with that.
Is it? Tons of games I played had shitty marketing, but I loved the game -- which is the most important thing. The fact that people are not buying it based on everything around it is absurd.

senador

Banned
Man I am getting sick of image and gif responses. I wish I could turn them off on full site. They can be funny, but they are just excessive and annoying lately.

Yes. Its frustrating, but if your decision to get or not get the game is based on preorder bonuses and marketing... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom