• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay maybe no I didnt...

Max Party Size: 8????????

All the boosting if this means 8 people in a lobby can go into MM together.

And we don't get skill based ranks because of similar things like "deranking and other cheating".

Yet, I'm fairly certain boosting is far more prevalent.
Ehm. That's nothing new. You could do it in Halo 3, Reach.

Lol bunker status at 343i.

Ehm. That's nothing new. You could do it in Halo 3, Reach.

Right but I feel like now that it's a real progression system they would try to move away from this.

Reach, credits didnt really matter so it was whatever, and in 3 you could only do it in non-ranked.

I don't know, I just think since xp actually somewhat matters and affects our abilities it shouldn't be so easy to boost it.

MrBig

made a halo thing

ibpyQjRxptJDRf.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I'm not too upset about no theater mode for campaign -- if true. I'm more bothered by the fact that it's two weeks before launch and that we weren't officially told this already. It could have been included as a bullet point on a long list of otherwise positive things, and there would have been a meltdown, for sure, but it would have been much easier to swallow.

Raide

Longbow Map footage is interesting. Especially the talk about the Dominion mode and going into Last Stand if all bases are captured.

Flipyap

Certainly was my first thought why (but in a not quite as a biting manner).

I.. really think they should just clarify the bad news (and arguable bad news) up front. This time in particular makes me wince that we found out like this.
That was "biting"? Well, damn, I actually tried to NOT sound like a snarky jerk for once because I'd totally understand their decision, if that's part of the reason for cutting the feature.

DesertFox

Halo 4 sp must have waaay too much smoke and mirrors for them to be afraid of letting people take a peek.

If I were the developer, I would handle this situation by restricting campaign playback to 1st person only, instead of removing the feature outright, but oh well - I don't get paid to make games.
Same as removing the feature. I have an HD-PVR box, I can get that - the joy of Theater is detaching the camera (see above).

I think you incorrectly interpreted my sentiment but - ok.

Does anyone know what characters will be used for campaign co-op? Clones of the Chief like in CE and 2, or different characters like in 3? It would be cool if the other players were Spartan IVs.

I bet they're just trying to make sure no one sees that Chief's shoulder guards are floating.

Does anyone know what characters will be used for campaign co-op? Clones of the Chief like in CE and 2, or different characters like in 3? It would be cool if the other players were Spartan IVs.
I heard there was a wink about something to the player when playing in co-op. I bet it will be your customized Spartan IV because there were a bunch of recruit armour wearing ones behind Chief in a shot.

Clones of Chief. Which is good, because nobody wants to be Elites or some silly canon reason. Everybody wants to be the damn Chief.

nillapuddin

So I was thinking about the skill rankings again last night, this was my "original" idea a few weeks back

*random thought during class*

Have we ever discussed a ranking system that would be persistent, like..

I know in Halo 3 you could go up and down in rank, but im thinking more like a leaderboard, one that could change depending on your skill, but also the players around you, even without you playing.

So there are buckets of players still,

but somehow it works differently to group players, Im having a difficult time putting this into concise words, but does one of yall get what Im sayin?

edit:
fuck idk, it would have to be like set times it would recount, and idk how it would keep track initially

What I thought of last night was the highlighted, how would it keep track initially?

So I made a few jumps of logic, since they keep saying they are tweaking it and will talk more about it later

Im thinking it will not be in Day 1

Instead it will be running in the background at first, they will see what the players are doing, and then determine the league requirements, after a month or so maybe, push it to the game and everybody will see your little badge thingy

ex: What should the cut-offs be for each grouping?
  • 01-20%
  • 21-40%
  • 41-60%
  • 61-80%
  • 81%-100%

or who knows, it could be completely different.
maybe if there are way to many players at specific junctions, or maybe not enough in certain areas they could widen or narrow the requirement to get into that league

I think that might be why there arent many definitives yet, the numbers might need to be adjusted, depending on how the game is playing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know how other games that utilize a ranking system like this handle the launch of a game or anything, is there precedent for it to be out day 1? or is it more common to be implemented a short time later?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr
  • I think they arent talking about it yet cause they are going to crunch our numbers 1st
  • asking how similar games handled this system at launch

Watching Meltdown IGN video. Why does the map's basic layout remind me so much of Ice Fields from Halo PC? Along with aesthetics, though to lesser extent. I think i'm going to like this one.

Its basically Ice Fields plus Infinity

Woorloog

Banned
Watching Meltdown IGN video. Why does the map's basic layout remind me so much of Ice Fields from Halo PC? Along with aesthetics, though to lesser extent. I think i'm going to like this one.

broony

Reminded me of that as well. Really enjoyed CTF on that map. Epic hog runs over the bridge or sneak back down below.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh look at that, something I love from past Halos is now gone.

why must i cry.

I don't get it. Changing core mechanics is one thing, completely axing things is another.

One more question. So I'm Halo lore ignorant, I haven't read any of the books since Ghost of Onyx besides Evolutions. I was looking up whether or not any Spartan IIs were still alive in during the time Halo 4 takes place. Apparently there are a few, so any of you guys who are up to date on the books, what are the chances we see any Spartan IIs in the new trilogy at some point or even in 4? I know they have Spartan IVs now but I think it would be really cool for long time fans who read Fall of Reach to see some of those Spartans in the game.

Woorloog

Banned
Reminded me of that as well. Really enjoyed CTF on that map. Epic hog runs over the bridge or sneak back down below.

Yes, i remember this well. 3 people manning a 'Hog, Flag flapping while the driver does his best to keep the thing upright and the gunner shooting the chasing Rocket 'Hog...

I noticed there are no callouts pre-made for the maps, there is no text for them. Or has this changeds or gamemode dependent?

broony

I didn't make clips in campaign theatre but I loved going in and looking at character models and explosions and shit.

Hoping its not there on disk to protect people from spoilers for the first week or two, like they did on older titles but stopping you adding campaign screenshots to file shares. Think it may just be wishful thinking.

Sucks that a feature is cut but if it allowed them to put more into the environment/ thow more ai in etc it's a fair trade - rarely used campaign theatre anyway

Edit: played a bunch more Halo 4 at the gamerbase event - ill do a write up later - but game is fun!

Campaign theatre is something I didn't really use before and I imagine that can be said for 95% of the community.

You jump in, you're like yeah, I did that, and then you go back to playing the thing you payed the money for.

daedalius

So I was looking back at some of the Spartan Ops footage we've seen, and I was wondering if there is scoring of any kind?

If there isn't any kind of scoring, what is the point of replaying the Spartan Ops missions, or playing them with skulls on or anything?

Ryaaan14

Banned
Gonna take me a while to get out of denial mode.

I wanna see Jessica try to put a spin on this one. If campaign screenshots were dear to anyone's heart, it's her.

TheOddOne

I didn't make clips in campaign theatre but I loved going in and looking at character models and explosions and shit.

Hoping its not there on disk to protect people from spoilers for the first week or two, like they did on older titles but stopping you adding campaign screenshots to file shares. Think it may just be wishful thinking.
What? There is no website to get them from now. 343 cut it out, because there was no money left and my left body is a stripper.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'd be more upset if Spartan Ops had no theater mode. I imagine I'll play that in co-op more often than the Chief Campaign, and I'd be bummed if I couldn't document my brodacious adventures. :-(

But again, I really hope these are just rumors.

Campaign theatre is something I didn't really use before and I imagine that can be said for 95% of the community.

You jump in, you're like yeah, I did that, and then you go back to playing the thing you payed the money for.
Did you know that 79% of all statistics are made up? I bet the one you just posted smells a lot like the crack of your ass.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think I'd be more upset if Spartan Ops had no theater mode. I imagine I'll play that in co-op more often than the Chief Campaign, and I'd be bummed if I couldn't document my brodacious adventures. :-(

Is it confirmed to have theater?

If not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom