• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

They took out Campaign Theater so the File Search wouldn't be 3,910,094 pics of someone zooming in on Cortana's ass.

From the beginning, you know the end

TheOddOne

jgLGaugVykqhN.jpeg
jbnxKrLWy1iu2v.jpeg

jkbTFdzJ8AejT.jpeg
jbuCOvWJ6W5ySG.jpeg

je7pesbPWxESg.jpeg
jXt53Ebi71jVY.jpeg

jEucGZW0vsGCK.jpeg
j0pUclwIIBaP2.jpeg

jVM12DZDbmaJL.jpeg

They took out Campaign Theater so the File Search wouldn't be 3,910,094 pics of someone zooming in on Cortana's ass.

From the beginning, you know the end

my favorite Halo 3 clip/moment was launching a warthog onto a scarab during Convenant, not being able to capture that and replay it would have sucked

btw playing through Halo 2, enjoying the story a lot more this time...probably my 10th play through

FyreWulff

Also suddenly tonight, a Halo 2 co-op run out of nowhere. I was just looking for the disc to see if the Slim somehow had the 1.5 update on it (it didn't), but then we just suddenly decided to actually play the game

GENTLEMANS START YOUR SPLIT SCREEN ENGINES

A58xrJ6CYAIyAMR.jpg

Everything's working.

A580VfyCIAAqVfG.jpg

The Scarab decided to become pitch black for it's entire walk through the canal. Wut.

A59HUR4CcAA9LFA.jpg

Shadders

Has anyone with a legit copy mentioned campaign theatre and scoring? Just wondering if they might require an XBL connection for some reason..

Clutching at straws.

Ken

I like the part where he thinks Halo:CE is a good game because it follows the book The Flood so closely. Instead of he reality which is that The Flood is a bad book because it follows the game so closely.

The Flood gave me a headache.

Arnie

Ever since the topic was brought up, Frank and David have been MIA.

It's like ranking all over again.

Gameplay trailer was really good, but perhaps for the reason I enjoyed the live action one, because the Didact excites me in every possible way. Can't wait to sit down and crank up the headphones for campaign. Shame I can't re-watch any of my playthrough.

Omni

It seems like 343i have screwed over a large part of the Halo community with Halo 4.

No skill based ranking system means competitive players have been ignored.
No API means third party websites will be close to non-existent, with leader boards, in-depth stats and whatnot completely gone... (The latter are already gone with Reach, but there was hope for their return)
No campaign theatre and scoring means the glitching/easteregg and speedrun communities are going to take one hell of a blow.
No group system on Waypoint / Clan system in game means gaming communities will have trouble getting set up/ organsied (Unless they have their own site of course) and new ones will struggle even more.

I hope 343i know what they're doing, because it really does look bad, IMO.

zap

The forerunners actually refer to themselves as the forerunners! That's more obnoxious than you!
Aw shit

...I didn't even think of this.

This time 343 can't pull a Cryptum and say "the AIs translated it to forerunner so you understand!"

IHaveIce

Banned
Something that are totally speculation considering this trailer ( no spoilers).

Halo 4 hasn't many Campaign missions, we know that at least one mission is on the FUD, but haven't seen a Halo ring in those shots around, that would imply Chief leaves Requiem later and travel to the Halo ring.

I honestly think the Campaign is too short to feature Requiem and a Halo, if we land on the Halo ring of course.

The mission count( minus the FUD mission) is already very low and now we have 2 great potential environments? I don't think we will explore much of both, except we Requiem is Open World mission (lol no)

And on another note considering the Didact ( I will write it in spoiler tags just in case, it's a possible book spoiler)
do we know which Didact it is in Halo 4? By the talk of him I would say the Ur-Didact?

Launch trailer was kinda meh. Didn't do much for me, much like everything Halo 4 has showed so far.
I'm still not hyped.
Fix'd it, you forgot to say it

TheOddOne

Halo levels have multiple sections, such as Rally Point Alpha etc. So that we know that are 8 missions doesn't say much about length, for example Halo 3 reused a level previously (Floodgate) and called it a new mission.

Gazzawa

Halo levels have multiple sections, such as Rally Point Alpha etc. So that we know that are 8 missions doesn't say much about length, for example Halo 3 reused a level previously (Floodgate) and called it a new mission.

Lol oh backtracking. Bungie love it so much.

Gazzawa

Cunt of a thing to get the discs out. Those holders are always too hard and you (well, I) tend to bend the disc while trying to get it to release.
It's under warranty if u snap it taking it out of the box(that's what she said).
Halo Wars LE was like that. You could get a new disc.

Omni

Thanks man.

Forward Unto Dawn has really exceeded my expectations. Enjoyed it so far.
Np. :)
Fuck the wait for halo 4 is killing me now this preview is killing me. Dammit
Yeah. If there's anything that has me excited about Halo, it's not the game... it's FuD. It has turned out far better than I imagined it would be.

Sucks that you have to stream through Waypoint to watch it later on though.

Np. :)

Yeah. If there's anything that has me excited about Halo, it's not the game... it's FuD. It has turned out far better than I imagined it would be.

Sucks that you have to stream through Waypoint to watch it later on though.

Shame maybe i will buy the bluray edition later on with christmass depends on how muhc Steam winters deals will rob my wallet.

Just hope the fuckers where i preordered the limited edition arent late almost missed Reach on launch day. Shame i have internship and can't get legit free :( if only i had normal school day i would skip the it.

Omni

It's under warranty if u snap it taking it out of the box(that's what she said).
Halo Wars LE was like that. You could get a new disc.

Oh that's good then. Would still piss me off though.

The BF3 limited edition case is exactly the same as the Halo 4 one (made by the same company apparently) and I snapped my campaign disc by accident trying to get it out. Will probably have to invest in a spare case for H4.

m23

Campaign scoring was one of the reasons I would replay the campaign as much as I did. On top of that, rather than upgrading the theatre which I was looking forward to, its non-existent in campaign and the same as Reach in multiplayer. This is probably the most disappointing week for me in terms of Halo 4 news. I don't really care for visual ranks and that type of stuff so it doesn't really bother me if that isn't included, but campaign theatre and scoring were two features I loved.

Damn it. Still excited to play of course. AC3 arrives next week, so that should make the wait easier.

So I'll let the gentlemen above verbalise my stance on Scoring being gone, I just have to ask, why not say it? Why wait for it to come out like this?
I don't believe 343 believe in brushing things under the carpet.

I don't get it. Is a marketing directive to not give bad news?
Did the GAF posts where they confirmed or denied things get people in trouble? Not that I expect it here, it certainly happened a few times, making the silence from Waypoint all the more puzzling.

Perhaps the bulletin this week?

Or perhaps we're just missing something and it's all there? It's all puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom