• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Fuck it, gonna keep my LE preorder.

Please actually be limited this time. The guy who did the unboxing video said each one's numbered, I thought that was pretty interesting.

Best halo voice over machinima EVER! Featuring Wheatley from Portal 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRRm4HBVO3c

LocfP.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That's pretty cool. I wonder if he has hit the, "where the fuck am I gonna put this thing" phase yet.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Does it really make a difference? Enjoy the cool box.

If there's a giant stack of them at Walmart for $20 this time next year I can't say I won't be disappointed lol

But yeah, that box is sweet. Sounded like it's made of metal, but I'm not sure.

Gray Man

Banned
That's the great thing about it, plus it's a great news and promotion tool.

and it feels good when you get people to follow you, especially the fake accounts that say "I saw your profile and I think you're cute, come check out my profile at www.halogaf.com"

Homeboyd

Someone linked this for me today.
That's funny. I'm one of the 16 people on the planet that's never had Facebook and people literally get angry because I won't join. There's something wrong with me I guess. I just don't care what people are doing most of the time and those that I do care about know what I'm doing.

At this point it's just entertaining.

Omni

So. I have no idea about what's going on with the LE version now. I've given up even trying to understand what exactly it comes with and will pick it up on release day to (hopefully) be surprised.

Last night I was very bitter about no campaign theatre/scoring... and most of my posts make me cringe. I was still kinda disappointed, but then I realised something. I played Halo CE and Halo 2 for years without any of the extra shit we got with Halo 3. It's going to be missed sure, but it's not that big of a deal I guess. Campaign is still going to be fun.

343i can only do so much with the shitty hardware available on the 360.

In regards to DLC. I'm calling it now: We're getting some kind of expansion/game/Halo 2 Anniversary in fall 2013. There's no way they'd give us three map packs in the first few months of release if they didn't have something planned. Far too condensed.

That's funny. I'm one of the 16 people on the planet that's never had Facebook and people literally get angry because I won't join. There's something wrong with me I guess. I just don't care what people are doing most of the time and those that I do care about know what I'm doing.

At this point it's just entertaining.
We got social media luddites in here other than me? Awesome.

Toddler

So. I have no idea about what's going on with the LE version now. I've given up even trying to understand what exactly it comes with and will pick it up on release day to (hopefully) be surprised.

Not expecting any surprises, but same here.

Last night I was very bitter about no campaign theatre/scoring... and most of my posts make me cringe. I was still kinda disappointed, but then I realised something. I played Halo CE and Halo 2 for years without any of the extra shit we got with Halo 3. It's going to be missed sure, but it's not that big of a deal I guess. Campaign is still going to be fun.

True, but still... why look back now?

343i can only do so much with the shitty hardware available on the 360.

OUCH

In regards to DLC. I'm calling it now: We're getting some kind of expansion/game/Halo 2 Anniversary in fall 2013. There's no way they'd give us three map packs in the first few months of release if they didn't have something planned. Far too condensed.

Not to debunk your point (I agree with what you're saying), but I think it has more to do with pumping out fresh content to keep players interested. With so much annual recycling, FPSs become disposable within less than a year... sometimes barely months.

nillapuddin

Is anyone managing a list of who is getting what pre-order skin and what they want to trade it for? If so, I am getting the web armor skin from my Amazon pre-order and would like to trade it for the circuit armor skin. I saw a picture the other day that led me to believe this was being done.

I will trade you for that no question, Im getting it at Walmart and want the Amazon skin bad.

feel

Starting my Halo 3 run tonight, should be fun, it's been a while.

Twitter is for following Faye Reagen, Tori Black, and Jennifer White. Only acceptable use.
I've had some of my absolute favs completely ruined for me after looking at their feed and reading some of the shit they say. Never again.

FyreWulff

Note that this is the same pace (roughly) as Halo 3 and Reach, minus the final 3rd content piece being sat on to cross promote another game.

I have a hunch why the third one is releasing in the time frame that it is. Look up the Osborne Effect.

Also, I have a Facebook because I'm required to. I have a Twitter so I can ignore Overdoziz.

Homeboyd

I know you guys like Sig, but if you want real speedrun wizardry, watch Cosmo

http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

Watching Cosmo discuss his methods for running/breaking Zelda is simply unbelievable.
I have no idea what I'm watching. Need more brain-dead speed runs that require nothing but skills learned in the streets.

Siggy pls.

Also, is there some speedrunGAF I'm not aware of? How do you know about these guys...

.shin

Banned
Just a heads up GAF, ArchedThunder used his Dorritos 2EXP code, then gave me to try it and it worked for me as well.

PM me some codes and I'll share some too.

AFWHRWHCPV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom