• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enfinit

Well you could technically just play firefight and campaign and try to do it that way. Also, even if you win or lose, you still gain xp. Again, no real skill involved, which is why I keep fighting for a skill-based ranking system for H4.

I'm completely agreeing with you, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying, whenever I've met a random Inheritor in matchmaking, I don't recall ever noticing how bad they are. I'm sure "bad' Inheritors exist, they just stay away from matchmaking. The ones in matchmaking are decent (again, from what I've experienced).

Sanjuro

So will we get more multiplayer map packs after the third one in April? It seems weird to release all the new maps so quickly after launch and then leave such a long period between the last map pack and the next game. Unless...

Halo 2 HD Remake for Xbox 720 launch :p

Nothing can replicate day one of Halo 2 online. It was like being given a penis size with double girth and unlimited ammo.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
EQoYS.png

I see that -1

I looked over the last few pages since I was on last night and...Can someone please tell me if the map pack details were posted here?

Fuck it...here it is (sorry if posted more than 5+ pages ago). Source Link

The first pack, The Crimson Map Pack will be released in December 2012 and will include three maps: Wreckage, Harvest, and Shatter.

Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.

The next map pack will be the Majestic Map Pack, and that is due out in February 2013. It includes the maps: Landfall, Monolith, and Skyline.

Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.

The last map pack will arrive in April 2013 and is called the Castle Map Pack. Again, it offers three maps: Daybreak, Outcast, and Perdition.

Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I looked over the last few pages since I was on last night and...Can someone please tell me if the map pack details were posted here?

Fuck it...here it is (sorry if posted more than 5+ pages ago). Source Link

The first pack, The Crimson Map Pack will be released in December 2012 and will include three maps: Wreckage, Harvest, and Shatter.

Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.

The next map pack will be the Majestic Map Pack, and that is due out in February 2013. It includes the maps: Landfall, Monolith, and Skyline.

Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.

The last map pack will arrive in April 2013 and is called the Castle Map Pack. Again, it offers three maps: Daybreak, Outcast, and Perdition.

Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.
Waiting for Hypertrooper.

Tawpgun

Nothing can replicate day one of Halo 2 online. It was like being given a penis size with double girth and unlimited ammo.

Nothing can replicate the last day of Halo 2 online. The entire Halo community came together to send off one of the greatest and most influential games of all time.

Sanjuro

Nothing can replicate the last day of Halo 2 online. The entire Halo community came together to send off one of the greatest and most influential games of all time.

That was pretty cool as well, especially those fuckers who pushed it past the time limit. Still, doesn't replicate day one though in terms of accomplishment. Prior to that XBOX really had nothing in terms of innovation for games.

Why did they use the anniversary cutscene

Agh

It's so awful
Ugh, if anyone can stand to play with the updated graphics in that game, they're due for an optometrist appointment. What a complete and utter waste of time that "new coat of paint" was. That time would have been better spent, oh I don't know, bringing us Halo 1 multiplayer in a Live-enabled fashion.

Ha! Yours are always tasteful and fun, but you also add more to your post than just the image. Its more the ones Moa and jhferry are doing that are annoying.

When that's all the post is they are especially annoying, I've been ignoring some of the people that do it excessively. Not you though. ;)

tumblr_m9cc7ofqRH1rbvksbo1_500.gif

Ok, I'll stop. All you had to do is ask.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ugh, if anyone can stand to play with the updated graphics in that game, they're due for an optometrist appointment. What a complete and utter waste of time that "new coat of paint" was. That time would have been better spent, oh I don't know, bringing us Halo 1 multiplayer in a Live-enabled fashion.

A lot of it was done well, I'll admit. But that cutscene was such a disaster. Everything relating to cortana was, actually.

Cortana's hovering a foot above her little plinth
Cortana's holographic image grain is too heavy
Cortana's eyes aren't moving or disappearing
Cortana makes the index go *poof*
Cortana's facial expressions aren't showing emotion

Etc etc etc

Halo 4 talk moves there, the rest stays in community thread.

But there's nothing else to talk about

Whoever is still talking about reach needs to be silenced anyways

That was pretty cool as well, especially those fuckers who pushed it past the time limit. Still, doesn't replicate day one though in terms of accomplishment. Prior to that XBOX really had nothing in terms of innovation for games.

Xbox didn't have any innovation in 3 years of its 4 year life cycle?

Uhhhhhh

Yeah sorry about that, the Australian time difference is a pain in the arse to keep up with this single thread format. I looked over 5+ pages but didn't see anything.

Any concept art images or worth reading comments?

It's cool. I mess with Hyper for his "It was already posted" comments.

Haha seriously? You praise Halo2 and talk like Halo:CE never existed. When I first played Halo2 I was like "this is a bunch of garbage." Deep down I still miss Halo:CE LANs more than anything else, which were effectively destroyed with the addition of xbox live and halo2.
I will always hold a grudge

Sanjuro

Haha seriously? You praise Halo2 and talk like Halo:CE never existed. When I first played Halo2 I was like "this is a bunch of garbage." Deep down I still miss Halo:CE LANs more than anything else, which were effectively destroyed with the addition of xbox live and halo2.
I will always hold a grudge

Yes, seriously. Your posting reads like a mad-man wrote it.

Omni

FYK8lvqwhE2nU8XeeKEn0w2.gif

feel

But there's nothing else to talk about

Whoever is still talking about reach needs to be silenced anyways
lol I agree with that

But there's a lot of random offtopic-ish conversation going on here that is fine in a Community thread but won't fly in a Gaming thread under close supervision by the mods. We shouldn't have to completely stop talking about every little offtopic thing, so people continuing to post here about that stuff should be fine.

Yes, seriously. Your posting reads like a mad-man wrote it.
How do my posts read like a madman wrote it? Did you ever play Combat Evolved with 15 other people? It was pretty good and the campaign was so much more enjoyable to go through for me than Halo2, especially in co-op. And I never said I didn't like Halo2. I only revealed my initial reaction. But whatever, that's cool.

The gods?

Unlimited Slayer, bunch of guests rushing flag, what could be better?

That reminds me that guests can still go into playlists in Halo 4.

The opening week is gonna be a buffet of BKs, ESPECIALLY in Infinity Slayer. Weapons will drop from the sky after your dick grows to a certain length, and scrubs will join-in-progress after you make the last batch leave.

It's gonna be glorious.

I love the Anniversary graphics. It was amazing, just being able to switch back and forth between Classic and Anniversary and look at the difference. I think, good sir, you are the one due the eye doctor appointment.

Sanjuro

How do my posts read like a madman wrote it? Did you ever play Combat Evolved with 15 other people? It was pretty good and the campaign was so much more enjoyable to go through for me than Halo2, especially in co-op. And I never said I didn't like Halo2. I only revealed my initial reaction. But whatever, that's cool.

Because you disliked Halo 2 for introducing XBOX Live to the masses. That's absurd.

LAN parties were fun and continued long after that moment, but I like being on the comfort of my own couch playing games with friends.

zap

Canada, I was always under the impression it was priced pretty much the same here

Oh you.

That's one thing that frustrates me - everywhere but the US we are forced to buy MS points in weird amounts - i.e. 500, 1000, 1500 etc but games are 400, 800, 1200 etc.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom