• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

Your complaints aren't harsh enough. Come back later.
:)

Well, I had a feeling that I already knew what my complaints were going to be going in (the saurian Covenant, Chief's armor, etc.) so I've had plenty of time to get that out of my system insofar as vitriolic reactions :)

The only other thing is that the graphics don't feel as... "clean" as previous games? (Even Reach.) It's not really the colors, I dunno if it's Halo 2 syndrome again where the shiny textures of CE were replaced with more detailed but duller graphics.

That, and people are definitely right that the text in the middle of the screen isn't too bad (the callouts, not so much)... but PLEASE OH PLEASE 343i can we make them mixed-case so not everything on the screen, from kill messages to teammate names, is SCREAMING AT ME ALL CAPS. It's a quiet scream, but it's still yelling at players.

I finished the campaign last night and tried to write up some quick thoughts but I was too tired. Here they are now.

I honestly don't know how I feel. There are some things that I like, but they're overshadowed by the myriad of what I think are missteps and design decisions that I simply don't agree with. After the fifth level the game quickly settled back into its routine of poor engagements and disconnected encounters. Meaning it got boring for me again.

I'm confused as hell about the story, and that's coming from someone who's read all the books. I can only imagine what the casual Halo players think. Yes, yes, go read the terminals – and I fully intend to do that! – but many players won't because they're not in the game. The feedback system (vehicles especially so) needs to be completely overhauled and made to make the player far more aware of the damage she's doing. The current vehicle/player health system needs to be thrown out and replaced with something like Halo 2 or Halo 3's. The AI system needs another pass and be made smarter and more fair. The quality of the encounters needs to be dialed up several notches (they're comparable to Reach's), and that moment-to-moment experience of past Halo games has to be layered back in.

And either I was completely disoriented throughout most of the game or the level design needs to be looked at again. I felt like I had to follow a waypoint the entire time – and the game was giving a lot of waypoints pointing me where to go. Far more than in past Halo games. You remember how The Ark subtly led you to that battle right in front of the Cartographer's wall and afterwards you were led to the other path leading to the Dawn's landing zone? There's nothing comparable to that here.

Most importantly and above all, 343 needs to nail that 30 seconds of fun because it is not there.

If this weren't a Halo game I don't think I would've finished it. I'm dreading a legendary run more than I am looking forward to it at this point, but I'll try one in the hopes that something will click with me.

Edit: Oh, props to 343 for one particular plot point. Not going to post it here because I don't want people accidentally spoiled, but bravo in that regard.

Question, yesterday I started playing the campaign on legendary and and I quit playing at the start of the last mission. I didn't do 'save and quit' but just shut down my Xbox. When I tried to continue campaign, it was waaaay behind where I left off because it didn't save at that checkpoint.. So I had to continue my campaign trough mission select, and the the rally point closes to where I was.
But now, I've completed the campaign and all the missions show up as completed, but the final mission doesn't. So I didn't get the achievement..

Am I supposed to do the whole mission over..?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I finished the campaign last night and tried to write up some quick thoughts but I was too tired. Here they are now.

I honestly don't know how I feel. There are some things that I like, but they're overshadowed by the myriad of what I think are missteps and design decisions that I simply don't agree with. After the fifth level the game quickly settled back into its routine of poor engagements and disconnected encounters. Meaning it got boring for me again.

I'm confused as hell about the story, and that's coming from someone who's read all the books. I can only imagine what the casual Halo players think. Yes, yes, go read the terminals – and I fully intend to do that! – but many players won't because they're not in the game. The feedback system (vehicles especially so) needs to be completely overhauled and made to make the player far more aware of the damage she's doing. The current vehicle/player health system needs to be thrown out and replaced with something like Halo 2 or Halo 3's. The AI system needs another pass and be made made smarter and more fair. The quality of the encounters needs to be dialed up several notches (they're comparable to Reach's), and that moment-to-moment experience of past Halo games has to be layered back in.

And either I was completely disoriented throughout most of the game or the level design needs to be looked at again. I felt like I had to follow a waypoint the entire time – and the game was giving a lot of waypoints pointing me where to go. Far more than in past Halo games. You remember how The Ark subtly led you to that battle right in front of the Cartographer's wall and afterwards you noticed the other path leading to the Dawn's landing zone? There's nothing comparable to that here.

**Most importantly and above all, 343 needs to nail that 30 seconds of fun because it is not there.

If this weren't a Halo game I don't think I would've finished it. I'm dreading a legendary run more than I am looking forward to it at this point, but I'll try one in the hopes that something will click with me.

i cant really understand how dislike it so much, fair enough... i never needed the waypoint markers for guidance though..

Apologies to Fubar and Polish Pimp (P for Poland?) for not partying up. We were trying to get a game of 4 going and people kept joining and there was a major lack of communication (and a lack of good party leadership from Tunavi!).

No worries man. It was about time I went to bed anyway. Hopefully i can play with some more members of gaf over the weekend or something. I had a lot of fun last night.

Omni

Question, yesterday I started playing the campaign on legendary and and I quit playing at the start of the last mission. I didn't do 'save and quit' but just shut down my Xbox. When I tried to continue campaign, it was waaaay behind where I left off because it didn't save at that checkpoint.. So I had to continue my campaign trough mission select, and the the rally point closes to where I was.
But now, I've completed the campaign and all the missions show up as completed, but the final mission doesn't. So I didn't get the achievement..

Am I supposed to do the whole mission over..?

Basically, yes. Should've saved bro.

I am pretty dissapointed by what seems like an overemphasise on graphics rather than gameplay in the campaign - the game looks stunning but due to the limited AI and what feels like small engagements there is no replay ability.

I have alway respected bungies decision to put gameplay and features over graphics and I can't help but feel a lot was sacrificed for the graphics with halo 4

Shadders

The Waypoint kids have found some more of the unlock codes:

They're spread across a 150 page thread on waypoint, so I made a quick guide.

Glyphs.png

1 - 500XP and SPEC/Raider Shoulder Armour [Prerequisite: Complete Spartan Ops Mission 1]
2 - 500XP and Spec/Raider Torso Armour [Prerequisite: Complete Spartan Ops Mission 2]
3 - 5000XP a Concept Art Gallery and ONI Emblem [Prerequisite: Complete Spartan Ops Mission 3]
4 - 2000XP a Concept Art Gallery and Wiseguy Emblem [Prerequisite: Enlist in Infinity Multiplayer]
5 - 500 XP and SPEC/Raider Helmet [Prerequisite: Find the Seven campaign Terminals]

You can enter the codes either through the console Waypoint App or on the Waypoint site here.

Shadders

I am pretty dissapointed by what seems like an overemphasise on graphics rather than gameplay in the campaign - the game looks stunning but due to the limited AI and what feels like small engagements there is no replay ability.

I have alway respected bungies decision to put gameplay and features over graphics and I can't help but feel a lot was sacrificed for the graphics with halo 4

I have high hopes for the campaign weekly challenges. Hopefully there will be things like

"Complete level X using only Covenant Weapons"

"Complete Infinity without getting in a vehicle"

"Complete level X without killing any Covenant"

There's potential for very interesting challenges, anyways.

Glyphs.png

1 - 500XP + SPEC/Raider Shoulder Armour
2 - 500XP + Spec/Raider Torso Armour
3 - 5000XP + Concept Art Gallery and ONI Emblem
4 - 2000XP + Concept Art Gallery and Wiseguy Emblem
5 - 500 XP + SPEC/Raider Helmet

You can enter the codes either through the console Waypoint App or on the Waypoint site here.

What are the pre- requisites for these? Spartan ops? It says I need to do something before I can use the code

I have high hopes for the campaign weekly challenges. Hopefully there will be things like

"Complete level X using only Covenant Weapons"

"Complete Infinity without getting in a vehicle"

"Complete level X without killing any Covenant"

There's potential for very interesting challenges, anyways.

I just don't think the campaign encounters are fun enough to make me want to go for ancillary stuff like challenges - I really hope the prioritise gameplay over graphics for halo 5.

Yager

Banned
What are the pre- requisites for these? Spartan ops? It says I need to do something before I can use the code

For the armor I think you must complete certain commendations, and for the concept art you have to unlock terminals and watch their videos. You can see it if you look at each Archive.

EDIT: Sorry ,for the armor yes, you must complete certain Spartan Ops.

Omni

Pot kettle? thisisneogaf.gif

Hah. Sure there's bitching here, but it's not constant bitching all of the time. Last time I went on Waypoint it was a mess (even saw threads claiming the game was already dying...)

The armour requires you to complete Spartan Ops. Code 4 requires you to access a terminal and I'm 90% sure you can just use number 3 whenever.

Servers down for anyone else?

Shadders

I've updated my post with the prerequisites. SpOps for the first 3, multi for the 4th and Campaign Terminals for the 5th.

This game has so many bugs lol. Apparently i'm back to SR1.

Server bother, they switch to a default server so you can still play. It was mentioned in the bulletin.

"Sometimes I see a different set of hoppers, and my SR gets set back to 0. Why does that happen?

What you are seeing are “fallback hoppers”. When you enter this mode, you will see a UI notification. It shows up on the “Find Game” screen for War Games. In previous Halo titles, you’re dependent on the servers to get the information you needed for Matchmaing, and if they go down, you can’t play. Fallback hoppers are a new functionality for Halo 4, and they allow people to continue playing Halo 4 when there are server issues. "
http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/11/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-11812-.aspx

I posted this in the main page but I have to say it again. This game is great but I feel that the playlists in MP are lacking. Something just seems off. We need more variety. We need to mix it up with some of the classic playlists.

I mean where is the multi-team playlist? Also can I get a regular free-for-all playlist and not just regicide?

Oh yeah did I mention that we need a multi-team playlist? Jokes aside I can't believe you guys left that out. Please Frankie bring it back in an update.

Also in today's bulletin, they announced that Playlists will now be updated and rotated weekly.

I posted this in the main page but I have to say it again. This game is great but I feel that the playlists in MP are lacking. Something just seems off. We need more variety. We need to mix it up with some of the classic playlists.

I mean where is the multi-team playlist? Also can I get a regular free-for-all playlist and not just regicide?

Oh yeah did I mention that we need a multi-team playlist? Jokes aside I can't believe you guys left that out. Please Frankie bring it back in an update.

Shadders

Does anyone know when SpOps episode 2 will be up for download?

The Weekly Challenge is up at 10am (GMT) on Monday, so maybe then?

I've updated my post with the prerequisites. SpOps for the first 3, multi for the 4th and Campaign Terminals for the 5th.

Server bother, they switch to a default server so you can still play. It was mentioned in the bulletin.

"Sometimes I see a different set of hoppers, and my SR gets set back to 0. Why does that happen?

What you are seeing are “fallback hoppers”. When you enter this mode, you will see a UI notification. It shows up on the “Find Game” screen for War Games. In previous Halo titles, you’re dependent on the servers to get the information you needed for Matchmaing, and if they go down, you can’t play. Fallback hoppers are a new functionality for Halo 4, and they allow people to continue playing Halo 4 when there are server issues. "
http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/11/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-11812-.aspx

Also in today's bulletin, they announced that Playlists will now be updated and rotated weekly.
Thanks, Shadders!

Fuchsdh

i cant really understand how dislike it so much, fair enough... i never needed the waypoint markers for guidance though..
I just got through mission 4 and I for turned around pretty badly in the jungle--unlike Sierra 117 there wasnt a landmark easily visible to direct yourself.

Reach had a ton of waypoints but they were useful in the they did step by step so you couldnt start off heading the wrong direction.

I also had a bit of difficulty telling where I was going on the escape in Mission 3.

I think part of it is the visuals add up to more environmental noise that makes it harder to parse some paths.

Bizazedo

This is anecdotal, but are teams you play against in MP beginning to turtle more? Feels like it to me.

And I honestly can't blame them with the weapons you can spawn with.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Every time I enter one of those codes on Waypoint and submit I just get a spinning wheel.

I want to like Thruster... but I can't... It just seems so inconsistent and useless.

I think it's my most used AA. Great for turning the tables on an attacker or avoiding vehicles.

JimiNutz

Banned
Someone earlier mentioned shooting to the body and only finishing with a headshot - is this true even for DMR? I usually go only for the headshot and inevitably I will miss at least one of those per encounter. Should I be aiming for body first, or maybe try another weapon?

You do the same damage to their shields on the body as the head, so always go for the body first to lower their shields and pop them with a head shot to finish the kill quickly.

Someone also mentioned sticking close to walls and not running out into open spaces. I can understand why I shouldn't be running into open spaces, but if I stick close to walls will I not be easier to kill with grenades?

I wouldn't say necessarily stick close to walls, but you should try and move from cover to cover rather than running through big open spaces to get from point a to point b.

Speaking of grenades, when is it best to use them? Should I use them at start of a fight? At end to finish them off? Or only use them to throw around corners?

I use nades in both contexts. Either when you see a dot on your radar around a corner, drop one to lower their shields or at the end of a battle as a last ditch effort to kill your opponent. Dropping nades right before you die is often a good way to clean up the guy who killed you as well, since you wont get those nades back anyway.

Any other tips that will help me? I really love the game and know I'm probably not going to be a 'pro' but would like it at least finish my games having not completely dragged my other team mates down.

I think the biggest one is DON'T chase kills. It often feels like the right thing to do, you pop a guy's shields, he's one shot and you want to finish him as he runs away. Likelihood is, unless he is in a fairly open area, he will have a backup plan to take you down. He could have a shotgun, he could drop a nice nade as you round the corner he just turned or more likely than anything else, he will run you into a 2v1 situation and you will die. Let the kill go unless you know you can definitely finish it.

Also, just a basic tip: As a general rule, keep an all rounder weapon with you. Don't swap out your DMR/BR and roll with 2 power weapons just because they are good guns. The primary weapons are designed to be all-purpose, whereas power weapons are for specific situations. There are exceptions to this rule obviously, rockets and sniper or shotgun and sniper can be pretty effective if you are camping a location, but I would generally steer clear of it. Even if you are T2...

Lastly. If I'm now getting matched up with people above my skill level (didn't have this problem first few days and was kicking butt) will the game recognise this soon and start matching me with other people that are more at my level?

According to 343 the game uses 'trueskill' in the background to match you up with people of a similar skill. This means if you consistantly win games, the game will match you with people of a higher skill level until you start to have a more consistant win/loss ratio or 'level out'. Same goes for if you lose games, you should start to play lower level folks that match your skill level.

As a general comment, I just finished my Solo Legendary run and really enjoyed it, the cutscenes had more impact and the gameplay was fanatastic. Not especially hard, died maybe once or twice per level, but much better than the hideously easy Halo 3 and Reach campaigns on Legendary. I recommend everyone play the campaign Solo Legendary, I got a lot more enjoyment out of it than my first run through.

Thank you for these tips.
I know it sounds corny but I've tried to use these already and have been having better results.

I have never been that great at console online FPS and I think part of that is because my favourite FPS has always been Quake 3 and UT.
I simply like to charge around, strafing and shooting without even paying attention to the radar but I think I really need to take a slower methodical approach.

I've been having a lot more success playing Regicide than Team Slayer as in team slayer I often get myself into silly positions where I'm trying to fight two or three people at once.

I will try out the BR but for now I'm using DMR and AR combo (with that ability that lets you carry two primary weapons).
It's a very good combo as I have a riffle for long/medium and one for close up.

Also been using explosives so that I'm not dying from grenades as often and I'm starting to get more grenade kills.

Old habits die hard though and I'm still not using cover as much as I should. Have to keep reminding myself not to just sprint around like a lunatic. Need to crouch more often when indoors as well!
Will def experiment with Prom Vision as well. At the moment I use re-gen which helps me to recover after a close battle and get back in the game quicker.

No more chasing after kills either and now I'm dying less :)

As a general comment, I just finished my Solo Legendary run and really enjoyed it, the cutscenes had more impact and the gameplay was fanatastic. Not especially hard, died maybe once or twice per level, but much better than the hideously easy Halo 3 and Reach campaigns on Legendary. I recommend everyone play the campaign Solo Legendary, I got a lot more enjoyment out of it than my first run through.

Unless you were playing like a turtle who already knew the layouts of the maps and what was going to happen, there's no way you're telling the truth.. I really don't see how anyone can say this game is "easy" on Legendary because so much heresy occurred throughout my solo run.

Looking forward to my co op run now that I got that outta the way. Definitely wouldn't solo Legendary on my first playthrough if I had to do it again.. Some parts completely ruined the experience for me (losing hours of progress due to shitty storm conditions, damn Mammoth mission glitching, AI hax, obnoxiously rare ammo at the worst times, etc.)

Now.. Time. For. Sleep.

RaginRoss

True Skill actually working. I've noticed my games have gotten a lot tougher excluding Infinity.

Yeah I guessed it was just TrueSkill kicking in. It's gone a bit too far, but hopefully when it sees I can't handle the guys i'm being matched with at the moment it'll drop me back down.

Just some cool clips I uploaded from today. Thought you guys would get a kick out of them.

The first is something I tried and failed to do at the review event. I think Naded was the first one to do it. I finally got it today

Adrift Flag Cap

2nd one is just a funny Hologram Fake Out
Flag cap was awesome.

I still find myself forgetting to use my AA completely in some matches though.
I've been doing that a LOT. Still kind of adjusting to the Fishstick controls, and sometimes I'll try to throw a grenade and end up jetting forward into the crowd of enemies like an idiot. My first reaction isn't "oh shit", it's "oh yeah, I have something other than sprint!"

I have really enjoyed spartan ops. The 4th mission in particular had really awesome environment with the intermixing of thick colorful jungle with forerunner structures. Makes me really want a MP map based on this aesthetic.
My favorite level so far. I walked around for a while in between encounters just to look at the pretty views. The outside area/skybox is incredible.

I'm confused as hell about the story, and that's coming from someone who's read all the books. I can only imagine what the casual Halo players think.
As a non-follower of the fiction, I was not confused in the slightest. I think there is supposed to be an air of "how the hell did THAT happen"; something to be solved/explained in the next game. If not, it wouldn't be the first time I've been underwhelmed by a Halo story.

So I've made a list of my ideal gameplay balance changes. It's not that I won't love the game unless they do these, this is just how I personally think the game could be greatly improved. Sorry, this wasn't written in a very flavorful manner.

Weapon balance:
-DMR can stay the same; it's the other primary weapons that need a little something extra injected into them.
-BR should either slightly increase fire rate or decrease it and make it a 4 shot kill. I say increase it a little because LR is 4 shot already, plus a closer range 4 shot primary may be a little unfair because it would be easy to land all 4 shots in closer quarter combat.
-LR is nearly perfect, but I say up the fire rate a hair to make it on par with the DMR.
-Carbine is better than 3's carbine, but I still think it should take one less shot. Because it takes more shots than the other longer range primaries, that means it requires more precision. As it is right now, I would functionally choose BR over carbine everytime.
-Assault rifle is powerful, but I think it's fine. 50 feet or more and the longer range weapons win everytime.
I haven't really used any other primaries very much so I can't say anything.
-Magnum should be 5sk.
-boltshot is perfect.
-plasma pistol is fine.

Power weapons:
-SAW is really fun but definitely decrease the amount of ammo you get, and possibly the magazine size.
-Needler is also fun, but a little too powerful. Make it slightly less magnetic. In previous Halos if an opponent was strafing correctly away they could avoid the needles, now it doesn't matter at all, its point till red, then kill (very quick kill too). You should have to juke your way to a kill like in previous iterations, thats what made it require some skill.
-Incineration cannon and rocket launcher are too strong. The stuff that bounces after the initial explosion shouldn't do so much damage. I haven't missed with either of these weapons yet. They can be powerful, but the radius and therefore lack of required accuracy is silly. Go back to the power of the Halo 3 launcher (and possibly keep the increased velocity to account for sprint).
-Shotgun is near perfect.
-Scattershot is possibly slightly overpowered but I really like it the way it is.
-Sniper is good
-Beam is too good, but I can deal with it.
-I actually like the Binary rifle, it's too powerful but the magazine size and the rarity factor make it okay to me.
-The Hammer is okay, but what happened to the opponent's body flying 100 feet every time? Most the time they just smack into the ground now, no fun!
-Concussion rifle is okay but was somehow cooler in Reach.
-The sword is pretty much right on.
-Sticky detonator is pretty good...make the range with grenades similar!
-Railgun is awesome the way it is.
-Laser is not too much of a problem.

-I think all grenade types need increased damage radius. It's crazy how you can get 3 shots on a guy, throw a grenade 5 feet away from him and have him survive. Promethian grenades would benefit from a bigger radius because they would then be able to actually block hallways/paths.

AA balance:
-Jetpack isn't actually that bad. It still ignores the map flow, but it also makes the player more vulnerable. I still think its kinda silly, but I can deal with it unlike in Reach.
-Hardlight shield is fine.
-Thruster is fine, even though other people seem to think it's weak. It's my go to AA and I'm constantly evading danger. Only thing I wish was that it was in first person.
-Hologram is nice.
-Regen is nice, not overpowered, not underpowered; just enough to get your shield back without being invincible.
-Active camo is another one I think is pointless, I see kill cams of people who use it and they're just standing there, waiting. It won't get you that many kills.
-Auto Sentry seems fine.
-PV is cheap, but close watch of the radar keeps it in check (in infinity at least).

I don't have many complaints about tactical packages. I would always either use mobility, shielding or grenadier, but I think they all have their place.

Same thing with support upgrades pretty much; I only use dexterity and have little reason to use anything else. However, I say get rid of the explosives one though, because grenades should be more useful for everyone. Something normally so paramount to gameplay in previous Halos should not feel like its nerfed for everyone except for the person that chooses it as an upgrade.

The vehicles are okay, but I think they are too prominent right now. Make them all more vulnerable to non-power weapons. Oh, but get rid of the scorpion, it's just stupid and takes up room. I also hope maps like exile and ragnorok will be in regular infinity playlists without so many damn vehicles.

Sorry if that was a boring read, I was just listing what came to mind. Let me know what you think.

edit: I don't like the changes to the radar. It looks like the range has been increased, and I don't care for the red arrows pointing where someone is outside of the radar.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Why in all that is holy would you get rid of Xs over deaths?

Why are some of these features removed, instead of made into an option at least?

aj1467

Just watched the 90 min version of Forward Unto Dawn on waypoint. Picture quality was perfect. Flows much better in one piece than as episodes. The blooper reel that got mentioned by the cast a few times is after the credits. I lol'd quite a lot.

Louis Wu

Am I the only one who thinks it is a bit odd to have the layout look like this.

KZeya.png

It is hard to word it properly, but I think that the color on the circle graph needs to be on the side corresponding with it. Meaning Game Victories should be on the right side and Defeats on the left.... Hopefully that makes sense.
Mine has a weird color reversal:

backwards_colors.png

On the left, game victories (good) are red, defeats (bad) are green. On the right, kills (good) are green, deaths (bad) are red.

Zeouterlimits might enjoy this:

i-9Sc2cRV-X3.jpg
I call bullshit. Radio Shack existing in 2557? It ain't gonna exist in 2014!

Weapons despawning literally within 10 seconds is incredibly obnoxious.
Agreed. Last night, I had a rocket launcher with one rocket. I killed a guy with a binary rifle, dropped my rocket to take the last BR shot, turned around... and the rocket launcher was gone. :(

If HBO is allowed to upload the cutscenes, you may see a Spartan Ops cutscene library at halo.bungie.org.
You will.

Glyphs.png

1 - 500XP and SPEC/Raider Shoulder Armour [Prerequisite: Complete Spartan Ops Mission 1]
2 - 500XP and Spec/Raider Torso Armour [Prerequisite: Complete Spartan Ops Mission 2]
3 - 5000XP a Concept Art Gallery and ONI Emblem [Prerequisite: Complete Spartan Ops Mission 3]
4 - 2000XP a Concept Art Gallery and Wiseguy Emblem [Prerequisite: Enlist in Infinity Multiplayer]
5 - 500 XP and SPEC/Raider Helmet [Prerequisite: Find the Seven campaign Terminals]

Hmm... I think the prerequisite for 5 might be wrong. I've found all seven terms - Waypoint even THINKS I've found all 7 terms. (I realize those are sometimes different things. :) ) But I got the 'you have not completed the prerequisites for this' message when I put in that last code.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Glyphs.png

I tried to input #4 and it said that I had to find Terminal #2 on the second level. So I think you have 4 and 5 backwards on the prereq. I could input number 5 no problem and I have only
found 3 terminals so far.

Edit: Beaten. Damn Wu...

CyReN

Kevin Franklin did some Q/A in Walshy stream, some stuff:

1. The addition of a Red X on death is something being internally discussed at 343i - there is no public information on it yet.
2. He discussed the light rifle. You only need 1 of your 4 shots to be zoomed in for it to be a 4sk.
3. He discussed the reasoning behind having power weapons disappear within 12 seconds (because of personal ordinance mainly) and said if there is a player within close proximity or looking at it - you'll see the despawn timer stop.
4. He discussed the spawn weighting. 1.) Explosion damage (rockets, grenades, etc) in the vicinity is the largest portion of the weighting for where you will respawn. 2.) If the enemy is looking at the spawn is second and 3.) teammate location is third. Sometimes you may just have to spawn as an "emergency spawn" though and could end up in some fire if that happens on spawn.
5. He discussed some kind of timers - I can't remember which they were. Something about 70 seconds and 91 seconds - maybe someone else will know.
6. Swat is coming out next week.
7. He discussed the decision behind not being knocked out of scope when sniping - but I didn't hear his response.
8. He said the ranking system will likely be 1-50 or a similar variation, but there wasn't a final system in place how they would do that.
9. There is no doubles right now due to all the maps being larger. It will likely be added in the future and so will snipes.
10. The playlist stuff is not really his area and he was being fairly tight lipped about upcoming playlist changes that would be possible announcement type stuff.

Louis Wu

I tried to input #4 and it said that I had to find Terminal #2 on the second level. So I think you have 4 and 5 backwards on the prereq. I could input number 5 no problem and I have only
found 3 terminals so far.

Edit: Beaten. Damn Wu...
Huh. Then I guess I haven't 'enlisted in Infinity Multiplayer'... what does that mean? (I thought it meant 'play MP' - but clearly I'm missing something. :) )

Kevin Franklin did some Q/A in Walshy stream, some stuff:
3. He discussed the reasoning behind having power weapons disappear within 12 seconds (because of personal ordinance mainly) and said if there is a player within close proximity or looking at it - you'll see the despawn timer stop.
Yeah... no. My rocket launcher disappeared when I was nearly standing on it. (I wasn't looking at it, though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom