• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Aggro once thought as you did. Then he saw the light, and the green visor was his.

King of the Hill on Ragnorak. Aggro got 8 splatters with the banshee on guys in or on their way to the hill.

With the banshee? I don't think I've ever had successful splatters with the banshee. I may wait until I get the Operator armor mod though.

I really do like the changes to KOTH. I feel like I've never really enjoyed it in previous games compared to now.

The hill spawn order does seem a bit odd though.

kylej

Banned
holy fuck I need this tshirt more than anything in the whole world

FbJLO.jpg

That's cool, but I'm not touching the DLC for this game with a ten foot pole until someone tells me if I'll actually be able to use it or not.
Yeah same there. This game is in desperate need for more maps, but I'm not going to get burned on DLC again. Every other AAA game on the market has found ways to implement DLC well (and has done so for some time), yet somehow the solution has magically eluded the Halo series.
DLC in nearly 2 weeks? Shouldn't we have a trailer or something?

343 doesn't believe in marketing, we all know this.

kylej

Banned
woof so serious bregmann????

Skyrim is amazing but don't buy that shit on 360. The load times will drive you insane. Play it off an SSD on PC.

December 10th is REALLY close, which is awesome. I am hoping for 3 smaller maps.

I kind of hope they saw how popular Haven was and are trying to make smaller arena maps, although I imagine these 9 DLC maps have been set in stone before the games release based on the marketing. :(

December 10th is REALLY close, which is awesome. I am hoping for 3 smaller maps.

I kind of hope they saw how popular Haven was and are trying to make smaller arena maps, although I imagine these 9 DLC maps have been set in stone before the games release based on the marketing. :(

Not only that but the aesthetics of Haven are appealing to the eyes and gameplay. I'm tired of rocks and natural terrain..

TCKaos

The Crimson Map Pack will be released in December 2012 and includes three maps: Wreckage, Harvest and Shatter. According to 343, players will “witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations” in Wreckage and see a “blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures.” Players will also “venture into the human colony environs of Harvest” and “explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.” The Majestic Map Pack, due in February 2013, includes Landfall, Monolith and Skyline. As 343 describes, “Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space -- and the firepower of opposing teams. Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.”

Finally, the Castle Map Pack is scheduled for April 2013 and offers Daybreak, Outcast and Perdition. “Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range,” 343 says, “while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice. Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.”

So we're getting Wreckage, Harvest and Shatter. Claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures is pretty much every single map in Halo 4 thus far, so that's par for the course. No details on the others.

It would be bad to release only three maps of different sizes. Only one 4v4 sized map is not going to appease anybody or somehow keep the 4v4 and 5v5 playlists from stagnating. They need to throw in 3 small maps pronto. 2 smaller haven sized maps and one big map would be stomachable though but yeah. Or how how about surprise everyone with 3 new maps + a few
DOZEN
forge maps.

DeadNames

Banned
75 more splatters... I don't know if I can do this...

But I've come so far...

Those who have the green visor, any tips? I've been sticking to Dominion and... BTB and I've been getting at least three splatters a game.

TCKaos

Some guy on /vg/ modded his account to have every possible unlockable. So apparently the various team emblems (Shark, Manta, T-Rex, ect) are 343i exclusive, or at least that's what some people are postulating. There's a foreground option that has most of the detail and then a background to match each foreground that fills in the color of the emblem (foreground has t-rex eyes and wrinkles, background fills in the skin color). There's an emblem called LASO that looks like a skull with an X behind it. Three guesses as to what that's probably for. Same goes for the Over Achiever emblem, which is probably for getting all of the cheevos.

Top Bottom