• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Can we pool our money together and buy the Halo IP from MS?

Maybe we could sell if to Valve or someone that actually cares about the community.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Let's not shit on both threads just because some people hate the game... The OTs so far have been fun little jabs or inside HaloGaf jokes. Keep it to that.

I don't know what your side on this argument is. I'm saying that 343i should aim for preventative network defense to avoid it as much as possible. In the event that something slips through, have the ability to record all information about said player and ban accordingly. I don't understand what that has to do with a ranking system at all.

Nothing, nothing at all. It's the same reason why so many great ideas are halted or caught in limbo because if the overall experience with said idea is somewhat tainted, then the experience as a whole must never be repeated. People are too one-dimensional in their thinking to understand this which is why forward momentum is rarely a consistent thing in our society.

Not directing this to you Amazing Mic, just to everyone who likes to write off a feature because of how it was implemented years ago.

A proper ranking system is needed and using griefers or other insignificant excuses to hold one back (like buying 50's in Halo 3 or cheating from Halo 2 over 6 years ago) is a mistake.. to say the least.

Pretty decent analysis of the functionality of the various automatic weapons.

Spoilers:
Point blank it's Suppressor > Storm Rifle > Assault Rifle, otherwise just stick with the Assault Rifle.

Those are essentially cold hard stats. Take into account that the Storm Rifle never has to be reloaded and it has decent range when you control your shots, and you got yourself a worthy contender over the other rifles. In those tests, the Storm Rifle barely even lost the battles..

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Pretty decent analysis of the functionality of the various automatic weapons.

Spoilers:
Point blank it's Suppressor > Storm Rifle > Assault Rifle, otherwise just stick with the Assault Rifle.

All over that. I'll start doing shit with my tablet now, even.

i think i'll switch my firepower to storm rifle/suppressor as secondary. that medium range looked farther out then i'd typically want to use a machine gun, so i'd imagine i'd see a benefit to making the switch

LD2k

Neo Member
I enjoy Halo 4. It's a GREAT game, but Halo 2/3 were beyond great. There was a very addictive aura around those that I just don't feel with Halo 4. So much convulsion with randomness that we can't control (offensively or defensively) that really holds the core gameplay back imo.

I'm a huge Halo advocate, the campaign was phenomenal, Spartan Ops is fun (mindless fun at that), but the MP just doesn't hook me. Strategy consists of cheapness, teams that are winning games simply aren't moving around the map (most of the time using camping tactics) and the randomness of the game takes away from the strategy despite the Ordinance being fun.

This game is a great game and is fun to play, but I feel like there is so much missed potential here. I will continue to play Halo 4, but man, there's not that "magic" feeling that 2 & 3 had, at least for me. That doesn't mean the game isn't good, because it is imo, but it definitely doesn't hook me like past games did. I think 343i is getting crucified for a lot of bs reasons, but there is some merit by the core fans. Halo evolved into something we didn't need or want, and that's jarring for the day-1/competitive fans.

[*]Resupply (Have it function like Classic Halo though, not automatically giving you 1 of each grenade the person was carrying before they died..)

Wait, that's how Resupply works? WTF.
I thought it worked like classic Halo, you pick up all the shit they dropped? This is retarded.

Those are essentially cold hard stats. Take into account that the Storm Rifle never has to be reloaded and it has decent range when you control your shots, and you got yourself a worthy contender over the other rifles. In those tests, the Storm Rifle barely even lost the battles..
I hate the storm rifle. I played a CTF game on Adrift where the other team was all using it. Worst experience ever lol.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
First patch should remove the Boltshot's charge ability and up its main damage slightly. Fucking stupid to be equal distance apart and I get killed with a Boltshot when I had a Scattershot and we both hit each other.

Booties

Banned
Yeah the range is so inconsistent.

So can someone explain why it takes nearly five minutes to find a btb match with a full party? It seems a little ridiculous at this point.

IHaveIce

Banned
First patch should remove the Boltshot's charge ability and up its main damage slightly. Fucking stupid to be equal distance apart and I get killed with a Boltshot when I had a Scattershot and we both hit each other.

nah it just shouldn't be a loudout weapon, playing FFA throwback you see how powerful it really is.

"Oh a shotgun is dropped on the map? Fuck this shit, I have my boltshot it is stronger"

It could replace the scattershot.. the scattershot isn't useful at all.

Yeah the range is so inconsistent.

So can someone explain why it takes nearly five minutes to find a btb match with a full party? It seems a little ridiculous at this point.

Nobody else playing is good enough to be properly matched against your party.

Idea to fix up the Promethean weapons suite:

Boltshot
-10 shot kill, 10 shots per clip. Reload times remain unchanged, no scope.
-Primary fire damage is unchanged.
-Boltshot starts out with a total of 15 shots, maximum 30 shots.
-Boltshot's charge shot has damage that scales depending on the shots remaining in the magazine. Only 10 shots is an instant kill; 9 is 90% shield depletion (enough for a melee kill but not enough to kill with the remaining shot), 8 is 80%, and so on.

Scattershot
-Magazine sizes, reload/etc times unchanged.
-Add charge shot functionality.
-Uncharged shot fires 7 hardlight pellets similar to the current function, but with increased range (equal to 80% of a Shotgun's killshot range). Wall-bouncing remains intact.
-Charge shot has charge time equivalent to a Boltshot and cannot be sustained. Upon release it fires a total of 5 "super pellets" (eating up an entire clip of 5 shots) that disappear after either 10 wall-bounces or 20 meters, whichever occurs first. This is about half the distance of a maximum Battle Rifle shot.
-Spread remains unchanged so you cannot charge and ping people long-distance with a Scattershot, but can use it for heavily effective suppressive fire or denial-of-area, similar to a Pulse Grenade.
-A single pellet in the charge shot is enough to kill at a range of about 5 meters, but damage per round decreases with distance and rebounds; for example, if you shoot a charged shot down the High Ground tunnel and it hits someone after ~5 rebounds per pellet, it would only get rid of most of their shields.

Ken

LE Edition > Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming to Reality.

I'm not sure I've seen this on my LE discs?

You get that if you register your LE code at -somewhere- before December 20th. After that you have to go and hope that you are worthy of being bestowed Microsoft's free gifts via email.

Omni

Halo |OT 13| We thought Reach was bad!
or

Halo |OT 13| 343 reasons to complain

jk

Had a few enjoyable games earlier today. Reaaaaaaaaaally want BTB objective though.

Omni

Loaded up two different forums on Waypoint and got two different errors.

Code:
Sorry, we encountered a problem while processing your request.
Trace ID: 8bbfe6a0-9f1e-48cf-ad60-61a18c9d872b
Error ID: C86C

and

Code:
Sorry, we encountered a problem while processing your request.
Trace ID: 88fb6beb-9f1e-48cf-9742-d5516ce3b3ee
Error ID: DFB7

Nothing working at all now. Is this a problem on my end?

blamite

Halo |OT 13| In this hour of victory, we taste only defeat

Halo |OT 13| The Boltshot stands as the greatest threat in the galaxy

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jesus christ, I told myself I was gonna play Halo today since I had the whole day to myself. Instead I lost track of time and played Blops 2 all day. It's already almost 10pm and I literally lost track of time. I even played some league play and I should be getting ranked eventually.

It's a shame Halo 4 couldn't grab me like this.

Top Bottom