• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

ElRenoRaven

I hate constantly seeing this in discussions of the lore, it's like the myth that WILL NOT DIE.

The IIs augmentations contained a possible side effect of a somewhat reduced libido. It was not gone for any of them, let alone all.

I wouldn't be this pissy except this constantly pops up whenever people starts talking about those augmentations. Reading Comprehension, people.

Yea I won't get it either. Hell in the graphic novel you even have a Spartan that left to start a family.

So I FINALLY got my 360 working again. I nearly cried tears of joy. Anyways, I got Halo 4 and see that it has two discs. I'm not sure which disc to install, but Google told me that the second disc should be installed for multiplayer...so, should I not install the first disc at all? I have a small HDD and I think I can fit the install for only one of the discs. HALP GAF

You can install both but you have to install disc 2 to be able to play the multiplayer.

That's fair. Whenever I'm watching a movie or playing a game, I only ever notice the soundtrack if the music is really great or really bad. I had only 2 or 3 of those moments tops during the campaign. They were all positive, goosebumps moments but otherwise the music was just there and didn't do anything for me. And yea I think it is glitchy in MP. Pretty annoying since I rely a lot on sound for my gameplay.
Combat Evolved will always reign supreme with the right music kicking in at those key moments during campaign. Driving the warthog into the sunshine on halo during the 2nd level and the music announces your arrival. Escaping the forerunner structure in Silent Cartographer and the music gets all intense. Covenant Dance on Two Betrayals. The last song on Two Betrayals when you have to make it through the mass of covenant to escape on a banshee. Heck, every section of a level had some cool music kick in. Loved Ambient Wonder when you find the map room. Nothing has matched the perfect timing and good tracks for me.

"after Halo 4 comes out"

I'll believe it when I see it. Reach still says Halo 4 is 3 days away. Halo 3 still tells you to preorder Reach.

You think that's bad. I popped in Modern Warfare a week or two ago and the message on that says "Check out the website to see the latest Modern Warfare 2 preview video!"

:lol

They're waiting for the bulk of the population to leave for Blops 2 before they roll out things like File Browsers so that the servers don't get strained and they don't waste all their bandwidth, otherwise we might lose even more features. Like Spartan Ops. Or Ordnance.

I wonder if rotating playlists will get an xp bonus, like the old double xp weekends.

On another note, if DLC armor is possible we really need to get Mark V armor, FUD armor and terminal spoilers -->
ancient human and forerunner armor
<----- terminal spoilers.

Ken

I wonder if rotating playlists will get an xp bonus, like the old double xp weekends.

On another note, if DLC armor is possible we really need to get Mark V armor, FUD armor and terminal spoilers -->

sorry dlc armor is not possible because it breaks x and y in campaign cutscenes COLLUSION

Gazzawa

You think that's bad. I popped in Modern Warfare a week or two ago and the message on that says "Check out the website to see the latest Modern Warfare 2 preview video!"

:lol
Battlefield 1943 asks you to check out battlefield 3 and see what all the reviewers are raving about.
Fuck battlefield 3!

They're waiting for the bulk of the population to leave for Blops 2 before they roll out things like File Browsers so that the servers don't get strained and they don't waste all their bandwidth, otherwise we might lose even more features. Like Spartan Ops. Or Ordnance.
MS should just charge everybody that wants to play multiplayer on the xbox a small recurring fee so they can cover server costs like these. Just imagine.

MS should just charge everybody that wants to play multiplayer on the xbox a small recurring fee so they can cover server costs like these. Just imagine.

There's always next gen. Just get the servers to run on human brains.

Or add a credit card transaction slot on the console.

FyreWulff

Probably not until after the Dew promotion ends. It's in January, isn't it?

Technically they can add new armor in this new no-version-compat era of Halo. They'd still have to worry about memory constraints though.

Retro

Was dinking around in Halo 4 today when I remembered an old post of mine, rattling off some ideas... Anyone remember this gem from April?

I was pretty accurate on a lot of these;
- Loadouts (I predicted fewer slots with more restrictions to keep some semblance of balance, not the anything goes approach of H4).
- Armor Abilities still in the game (pretty easy to call this one though).
- Modifications (I had two groups too; major and minor, worn on the hips and wrist respectively so they were visible to the enemy).

- Increased ammo count (I had it for specific weapon types)
- Decreased reload times
- Increased Armor
- Display ordinance timers (Mine was only within tracker range)
- Increased tracker range
- Increased Shield regen
- Increased Grenade capacity
- Reduced AA recharge rate
- Increased sprint energy (theirs just does away with sprint energy entirely)
- Custom paint patterns (turned out to be a lot of pre-order bonuses too)
- Faster respawn time (I had it as a Modification, rather than always on and instant).​

And I still think picking what melee weapon you want to assassinate with would have been cool. Likewise with the on-death grenade effect and being able to see exactly what tactical packages / AA / Support Upgrades the enemy has.

And in response to all of that?

Lies. And honestly, my mod ideas were a lot less powerful than the perks in H4. At the very least they were spread out a bit so you had to make decisions on what weapons you'd be using (e.g. you could have ALL ammo increased, only for specific weapon types).

/shrug

Still think the Silenced-SMG needed to be in there too. That reminds me, I had this post too. Promethean Vision is kinda in there (as a reactionary response to someone shooting your hologram). I also suggested Sentinels (and Strato-Sentinels) in addition to Prometheans. Didn't see the need to have the Covenant or their weapons in the campaign (and still don't). Wanted to roll AAs into weapon choices too, so you wouldn't have Camo / Sniper crap combos anymore. Sprint was a default ability too.

Open World Requiem would have been amazing too, but... /DoubleShrug

malfcn

LOL on Waypoint (launched from Dashboard).

It says I have completed all the missions except for Requiem. How did that happen?
But seriously, fix the Waypoint bug.

fullbody

After only still 20 odd games of multiplayer I'm already thinking to myself just how are 343i going to handle rank accurately?

1. Can't use win/loss due to JIP. It just will not work at all.

2. Can't use per playlist as these are going to be changing weekly, already confirmed in lasted bulletin.

3. Can't use objective modes as they're simply not setup to track the statistics differently to slayer.

4. You have the splintering issues of infinity slayer vs. slayer pro etc.

5. Number of games played, how will they weight the amount of games played in different playlists?

6. Some games you can already see 343i rank a teammate higher than you just on kills alone, forget that I went K20, D5, A10 (+15KDR)and the guy one position above me went K21, D22, A4 (-1KDR). No disrespect intended but this just shows statistical incompetence if you ask me, especially when it's infinity slayer and game after game.

7. Personal ordnance drops? How would you weight rank and statistics between players when some simply may not get the benefits of solo power players and ordnance selections etc.

8. Weighting of lopsided teams?

9. Duration during a game? What stops a player from joining, camping camo to rack up +KDR then quitting and doing it again. Are 343i going to weight time in a game vs. total games played etc?

10. The region filter not matching localised players. It is hands down the #1 issue online and severely makes online rank a total joke. How can this not be addressed ahead of CSR?

All this without even factoring in the usual network issues of latency and randoms vs. teams etc.

Personally I hate to call it now but unless we have new playlists specifically for rank then the CSR on Waypoint is going to be a massive inaccurate and waste of time joke. I hate to say it 343i but not having rank integrated into the game from day one is a massive fuck up and I'm only casually thinking of these issues.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Help. I'm at that part
in "Forerunner," the end of the first three-way battle. I'm trying to get through the walkway that leads you into the area, and there's that turret along with three Watchers and a Knight. All I can find around me are Suppressors, Storm Rifles, and limited Boltshot ammo.

Any hidden caches I don't know about?

Top Bottom