• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Trey

I'm disappointed with all the recycled environments for Spartan Ops ep 2. Also, rescuing the marines is hard as shit

They're quite unintelligent. I can find no other way to complete the mission 4 achievement than to somehow get them stuck in some geometry. I'll assume SpOps will be the same way.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I had a knight glitch through the floor on that same level. I could see part of him sticking out and could not shoot him, but repeatedly meleeing him eventually worked. Took probably a minute or two.

Annoying.

And I have finished all five missions on heroic, yet the challenge that says heroic or harder will not be rewarded to me. Disappointing.
I was doing it on legendary. He was out of sight, high in the sky of the jungle-y area. Incineration Cannons into the mist, BRs from every direction, absolutely nothing.

I am mad as fuck right now. You know, this wouldn't be nearly as bad if the spawns in Spartan Ops weren't the worst in the entire series. Why are there not systems preventing you from spawning right next to a sword or Fuel Rod Gun elite?

Omni

OT - Anyone getting / already have Blops II? Thinking about picking it up tomorrow for the campaign. They're generally interesting if I remember correctly.

Currently rocking the scanner helmet in Halo 4. Looks pretty badass side-on.

feel

The Search->Vote->Load process is waaay too slow. I spend half the time playing and half the time staring at menus. Unacceptable for a new game fully populated. To make matters worse it occasionally decides to start a match with just 3 guys in the lobby and no adveraries... smh. I hope 343i polishes this game up, seems rushed.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
I had a knight glitch through the floor on that same level. I could see part of him sticking out and could not shoot him, but repeatedly meleeing him eventually worked. Took probably a minute or two.

Annoying.

And I have finished all five missions on heroic, yet the challenge that says heroic or harder will not be rewarded to me. Disappointing.

Reminds me of the elite that fell off the edge into a lava area in that one but he was hovering over the lava untouched. Mission wouldn't end till I killed him. Luckily I could stand on the edge of the drop and barely nail him with my weapon.

I was doing it on legendary. He was out of sight, high in the sky of the jungle-y area. Incineration Cannons into the mist, BRs from every direction, absolutely nothing.

I am mad as fuck right now. You know, this wouldn't be nearly as bad if the spawns in Spartan Ops weren't the worst in the entire series. Why are there not systems preventing you from spawning right next to a sword or Fuel Rod Gun elite?

Those camo Elites... They do not show up on your radar. I know this because I was in a fight with one, having managed to locate him despite his absurdly effective camo, and despite the fact that he was 10 feet away and charging at me, he did not appear on my motion tracker. Absurd.

OT - Anyone getting / already have Blops II? Thinking about picking it up tomorrow for the campaign. They're generally interesting if I remember correctly.
A CoD campaign is an oxymoron. Halo 4's is the worst in the series and it's still way better than that load of alligator dung.

I'm disappointed with all the recycled environments for Spartan Ops ep 2. Also, rescuing the marines is hard as shit

Is there any reason to try and keep them alive besides not having Palmer scold you?

Annoying.

Same thing happened to me.

Story questions for mission three:
1. How can the Didact manipulate the signal of Infinity while he's inside the Cryptum? Isn't he's supposed to be unconscious? Halo: Cryptum made a Cryptum out to be like a cryotube.
2. Why didn't he kill the Chief after he was released?

It looks like he was the generic bad guy but later you will find why he left you alive. A very lame reason of course.

Story questions for mission three:
1. How can the Didact manipulate the signal of Infinity while he's inside the Cryptum? Isn't he's supposed to be unconscious? Halo: Cryptum made a Cryptum out to be like a cryotube.
2. Why didn't he kill the Chief after he was released?

1. It seems he has a little bit of remote control even when he's trapped in there. While unconscious, the Terminals in Halo 4 seem to indicate he'll awaken at some point and manage to heal, he'll just be trapped and have no way to get out without human aid.
2. Hard to say, probably just storytelling. Do you really want Stellardact to force choke Chief and just have that be the end of it? He had just been sealed for 100,000 years, and the Librarian wanted him to think about his actions. Sure, it's not a perfect excuse, but he probably had a lot going through his head; killing a seemingly easy-to-deal-with human was not a major priority for him. If he just instantly killed Chief he'd be proving himself unworthy of his own Mantle; in the end he only killed humans later into the war for the sake of Composing them. So while he is pretty stereotypically villainous that could be an example of them trying to make him not so one-sided. He tried composing Chief with all the other humans and that was it; he didn't outright try to kill Chief until he found out he was immune to it.

heckfu

Banned

Currently rocking the scanner helmet in Halo 4. Looks pretty badass side-on.
Getting blops for campaign is like getting Halo for multiplayer.

Rimshot.mp3

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
1. It seems he has a little bit of remote control even when he's trapped in there. While unconscious, the Terminals in Halo 4 seem to indicate he'll awaken at some point and manage to heal, he'll just be trapped and have no way to get out without human aid.
2. Hard to say, probably just storytelling. Do you really want Stellardact to force choke Chief and just have that be the end of it? He had just been sealed for 100,000 years, and the Librarian wanted him to think about his actions. Sure, it's not a perfect excuse, but he probably had a lot going through his head; killing a seemingly easy-to-deal-with human was not a major priority for him. If he just instantly killed Chief he'd be proving himself unworthy of his own Mantle; in the end he only killed humans later into the war for the sake of Composing them. So while he is pretty stereotypically villainous that could be an example of them trying to make him not so one-sided. He tried composing Chief with all the other humans and that was it; he didn't outright try to kill Chief until he found out he was immune to it.

Fuck me is that Cryptum spoiler in there?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just quit out of my first game of SWAT. I'm not touching it again until death X's get added.

Ah I see. Looks like that's what I'm going to do tomorrow.

On heroic or harder.

Best strategy I've seen through a few attempts is give the marines rocket launchers and lasers and try hard to kill everything as quick as possible. It took me a few attempts to get it. And you have to have all four people trying, IMO.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Those camo Elites... They do not show up on your radar. I know this because I was in a fight with one, having managed to locate him despite his absurdly effective camo, and despite the fact that he was 10 feet away and charging at me, he did not appear on my motion tracker. Absurd.
Yeah holy shit, it was the SpOps mission that's the reverse of the Sniper Alley one I think. I went up the stairs and walked RIGHT passed this blur, he didn't do anything but I was like WTF? Quickly pulled out my plasma pistol and gave him the one two, but my heart was rushing because I knew dude could slash me any second.

The AI in this game is awful by the way. Just awful. Even the Elites are dumber it seems.

No, I don't want him to just off the Chief. I'm just wondering why he didn't. Seems like you're just posting a lot of assumptions and nothing concrete. This story is just leaving me completely confused and my mind's a mess from trying to figure it all out.

:|

Trey

I watched the terminals, I was talking about
StellarDact. As in Bornstellar and Didact combining somehow in the Forerunner saga?

Ah. Yeah, didn't even notice that. If it's any consolation, that plot point is revealed before you even get off the first page.

Omni

Getting blops for campaign is like getting Halo for multiplayer.

Rimshot.mp3
Hah!

A CoD campaign is an oxymoron. Halo 4's is the worst in the series and it's still way better than that load of alligator dung.

Meh. A CoD campaign to me is like a Michael Bay movie; I'm ashamed to admit it, but they're just fun to watch (or in this case, play), regardless of how stupid they can get. I don't go into it looking for a story, I go for the explosions and other random crap.

Plus Halo 4's campaign is one of the best in the series, IMO. About to start my third play through actually

No, I don't want him to just off the Chief. I'm just wondering why he didn't. Seems like you're just posting a lot of assumptions and nothing concrete. This story is just leaving me completely confused and my mind's a mess from trying to figure it all out.

:|

Doesn't the Didact say something like "watch the fate of humanity then you have the right to die" as he's force holding John up? That's the usual Villain required audience for their big show right there.

Tashi

Ah. Yeah, didn't even notice that. If it's any consolation, that plot point is revealed before you even get off the first page.

Don't know how or what that means but whatever. I'll get over it.

edit: These glitches suck. Hoping for a quick patch.

Also, I'm pretty sure I accidentally discovered 2 glitches this past week. I totally forgot to save the films. They were quick/no animation reload and grenade toss while switching guns.

Yeah holy shit, it was the SpOps mission that's the reverse of the Sniper Alley one I think. I went up the stairs and walked RIGHT passed this blur, he didn't do anything but I was like WTF? Quickly pulled out my plasma pistol and gave him the one two, but my heart was rushing because I knew dude could slash me any second.

The AI in this game is awful by the way. Just awful. Even the Elites are dumber it seems.

You are FAR more lucky then I am. My experience of that mission went like this:

Spawn.
Engage in firefight with Elites wielding Carbines.
Silently keel over dead.
WTF?
Respawn
Take three steps
Silently keel over dead
Finally notice camo Elite over my dead body
Respawn
Hit Elite with charged Boltshot to no avail
Silently keel over dead

Don't know how or what that means but whatever. I'll get over it.

edit: These glitches suck. Hoping for a quick patch.

Also, I'm pretty sure I accidentally discovered 2 glitches this past week. I totally forgot to save the films. They were quick/no animation reload and grenade toss while switching guns.

Shit, I'm sorry, Tashi. Should have marked that one. I haven't read the books personally, but I've had to go through some of their tidbits in the spoiler thread just to get a grasp of what the hell's going on with Halo 4's story sometimes. Some of the details have just blurred together at this point.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Neat! This game needs bugfixes all over.

You are FAR more lucky then I am. My experience of that mission went like this:

Spawn.
Engage in firefight with Elites wielding Carbines.
Silently keel over dead.
WTF?
Respawn
Take three steps
Silently keel over dead
Finally notice camo Elite over my dead body
Respawn
Hit Elite with charged Boltshot to no avail
Silently keel over dead
Well... damn. My condolences. :(

Tashi

Shit, I'm sorry, Tashi. Should have marked that one. I haven't read the books personally, but I've had to go through some of their tidbits in the spoiler thread just to get a grasp of what the hell's going on with Halo 4's story sometimes. Some of the details have just blurred together at this point.

It's k <3

Top Bottom