• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Right.

So, you do have to equip them? It was initially described to me as "free" abilities that work on top of your loadout perks. That would have been a bit much.

yup, just gives you more ways to personalize your spartan to your playstyle. seems to me that none of the specialization perks will move me from the best of the default ones though (ammo, dexterity, resupply, mobility)

rakka

Only infinity slayer should have instant respawns.
I'd be happy if infinity slayer and instant respawned were removed from the entire game.

As far as I care, killcams could be cut all together.
this too

JiP needs to work better, yes.
not only that, the fact that you can now quit even during map vote and that there's almost no time in between games means uneven starts happen far more than in previous games. gg 343

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
not only that, the fact that you can now quit even during map vote and that there's almost no time in between games means uneven starts happen far more than in previous games. gg 343
Yep, this is a terrible idea. They only lock you out after you've voted, which also means a bunch of people don't vote and you get people quitting last second leading to a hundred more 6v1 games. Why doesn't it rebalance or check to rebalance as the game is loading? :/

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just keep sprinting towards the king and ignoring everyone else lol.

You actually can't kill anyone else. Regicide gets you 15 points. 18 brings you to 270 points. You have very little room to work with. If the bounty is over 20 you have to shoot weaken the King so others can kill him.

Right.

So, you do have to equip them? It was initially described to me as "free" abilities that work on top of your loadout perks. That would have been a bit much.

Yes you equip them

They come with support mods too? I thought it was only tactical packages?

Not 100% but I thought some were tactical and some were support.

I'll probably grind to my 50 tonight. I'm pretty excited to be honest.

So i just downloaded xbox smartglass for my ipod, didn't really know what was gonna happen. Turned it on and it synced to my xbox and started showing me all my halo 4 stats from halo waypoint. Pretty cool little suprise.

def sim

So i just downloaded xbox smartglass for my ipod, didn't really know what was gonna happen. Turned it on and it synced to my xbox and started showing me all my halo 4 stats from halo waypoint. Pretty cool little suprise.

It's a great HBOGO remote control app. That's all I know it as.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm off on vacation for a couple of weeks. Peace. I will pop in when I need salt for the rim of my margarita.

Omni

Were 343i pushed into a 2012 release?

Seems like the game could've used another year of development. Maybe then we'd have fileshares which work, real ranks and perhaps we could even view the terminals in-game. Probably could've added search options and a toggle for JiP too.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Were 343i pushed into a 2012 release?

Seems like the game could've used another year of development. Maybe then we'd have fileshares which work, real ranks and perhaps we could even view the terminals in-game. Probably could've added search options and a toggle for JiP too.

Could blame some of this stuff on the lack of Beta, too.

Ken

What? It's 100% fact. Because you unlock actual gameplay items as opposed to just armor pieces like in Reach, the ranks mean more. There's no argument, you guys probably misread or took the line out of context.

Too bad the game play items you unlock don't seem all that..."more."

Ramirez

It's a good thing but doesn't make "levels mean more;'' levels are still just an indication of how much time you've put in grinding out XP.

I don't really buy that, it's my understanding that the Operator spec reduces or removes the EMP effect on vehicles, no? That's a pretty big difference, IMO.

Omni

Could blame some of this stuff on the lack of Beta, too.

Definitely could've helped with some issues regarding gameplay and UI... but I guess they had a reason not to hold one. Lack of search options is really, really, really, really annoying though... For people like me who live at the bottom of Australia (or other distant places) the "Good connection" setting was a godsend.

No offence intended to those at 343i of course. It's obvious they worked hard on the game, just think it could've benefited with a little more time.

Ken

How many people are on here crying daily that the PP ruins vehicle combat?

I don't play BTB so stuff related to vehicles doesn't really bother me.

Dude, everyone knows that. It's just a carrot on a stick. Same with all then unlocks.

Was just trying to say that levels don't mean much in this game. Maybe if sets of specializations were unlocked in stages of tiers (tier 3 unlocks at SR-50, tier 2 unlocks at SR-80, etc) then maybe I'd agree that levels mean a little more in this game but since the same specializations are offered to both an SR-50 and an SR-150 I can't agree that levels are more meaningful than an indicator of how much time you spent playing the game/Mountain Dew you chugged.

Ramirez

I don't play BTB so stuff related to vehicles doesn't really bother me.

What in the actual fuck does that have to do with what the original statement was about?

You say the levels don't mean more, but the levels actually unlock more gameplay altering perks, so they do mean more in a way.

Top Bottom