• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

m23

haven't actually beat it yet so no idea if what I posted ends up happening or not, but I did take it out just incase that is the basis of this weeks episode.

Alright, thanks.

I was wondering about that during campaign, so nice to see that will be looked at during Spartan Ops. I was also wondering about (Primordium/Halo 4 spoiler)
343 GS
during the campaign. Was hoping that would come up considering the ending to Primordium.

Shadders

I've no doubt that some will decry the use of multiplayer spaces for SpOps missions as lazy, but I'm actually quite excited to see the story behind them.

Also, we still have another 4GB or so of data coming, don't we? I'm sure there will be some new play spaces we haven't seen yet.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
FFA Throwback has been replaced with Team Snipers, lol.

Just going through my game history and spotted this.

Didn't even realize we were in a match together last night. That GAF connection ;-)

gaf.jpg

Havok

Episode 3 was a nice step up in mission quality. New areas helped out, and the increased scale of the encounters was pretty neat (some moments in particular remind me of what I always wanted to use a Campaign Forge for -- let's see, what would happen if I just
plopped a dozen Hunters down?
). They used (location)
Valhalla
in an interesting way, even if two missions in a row was maybe a little long to spend in the same 500 feet of (geographical feature)
canyon
. I think (location)
Complex
works better as a space for AI than a MP space. Not sure why there are only 2 Spartan Ops challenges this week.

Nice to see Halsey again, though Kilo-Five haters should maybe just go ahead and skip the episode, I'd hate to see your rage-boners for 343's handling of Halsey's character pop up again.

Tagging these "spoilers" made me want a Halo edition of Mad Libs.

Tawpgun

Ninja playing team snipers, dis gunna b funz http://www.twitch.tv/Ninja

-----
Haven, Abandon, and Adrift should have been in Team Snipers.

Are you serious? They aren't in team snipes?

Ok, I think 343 has some sort of disconnect with what maps are meant for what, especially in terms of the maps scale.

I'm only basing this experience off of the 343 guys I met at NYCC and what I've seen so far of the game.

At NYCC, it was 4 v 4. There was a 343 person in each room setting up the games. At one point someone mentioned Haven and they said it was too small and chaotic for 4 v 4. Haven.

Now I'm seeing these maps aren't being used in Team Snipes, and Complex is in 4 v 4 playlists.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Someone mind explaining Halo 4's post-campaign timeline to me? The simulation multiplayer stuff (which apparently prepares Spartans for engagements before spartan ops) says that Ragnarok was the site of a human operation. Key word being was. But then Spartan Ops, which is later on, has the first listed operation.

Wait, someone feel free to spoil it. Did they canonize that Pelican crash as spops team six or whoever the fuck having to make a crash landing there?

Uh, Sheila crashed in the canyon when Omega was on board, and the UNSC was chasing them trying to get the AI fragments back.

Speaking of which, anyone know where the RvB egg is in this weeks episode?

Has anyone else found the recording of Halsey on the second level with the dying elite and the didact transmission?
Yes. Also found something else that I missed in the second mission towards the end
a big disc with Forerunner symbols on it
. There's a lot more of the story hidden around than I would have thought.

Just played a game of snipes, probably wont play it much if the map choice doesnt improve. 4v4 on huge maps is a terrible idea. Yawn fest all round.

Trying to play some Big Team in Halo 4, but it's just a Ragnorak playlist, and that map is truly baffling levels of bad.

Half the maps in the game are BTB, but you can't play them.

Oh well, back to Haven Slayer, I mean Infinity Slayer.

senador

Banned
So you want AA's?

I beg you 343i, give us a classic playlist with slayer and obj...pleaseeee

Not necessarily. Other than Camo and PV, I don't feel AA are the problem in Halo 4. That's not my point though. What you want 343 to do, and what is realistic for them to do are 2 different things. Its unlikely that they'd just laugh AAs away.

TCKaos

Is anyone else annoyed by how Halo 4's Elites speak a garbled mess of vaguely-Asian sounding gibberish with randomly misused Japanese phrases here and there? I swear to God if I hear "watashi wa" just tacked on to the end of a gibberish sentence again I'm going to flip a table.

I don't even know Japanese. I just know a handful of phrases
because I'm a silly baka gaijin
. Maybe I'm wrong and it is an actual language, but it sure as hell doesn't sound like one.

Is anyone else annoyed by how Halo 4's Elites speak a garbled mess of vaguely-Asian sounding gibberish with randomly misused Japanese phrases here and there? I swear to God if I hear "watashi wa" just tacked on to the end of a gibberish sentence again I'm going to flip a table.

I don't even know Japanese. I just know a handful of phrases
because I'm a silly baka gaijin
. Maybe I'm wrong and it is an actual language, but it sure as hell doesn't sound like one.
Yeah! let them speak German again. Wort Wort Wort!

Probably the best picture I am going to get while trying to play and use a camera to take pictures. A moment like this just BEGS for theater. oh well, off screen is good enough.

What am I looking at here? I need details.

All the enemies that spawned in the mission were minature, smaller than their guns. Here is an Elite holding a Storm Rifle. It was funny, until I realized how hard it is to shoot these little bastards!

Here is a link to all 4 pictures.

http://sltpoison.imgur.com/all/

WOW mission 4 of Episode 3 ist just awesome wow.

Anyone looking for large scale combat in almost every facet possible this is definitely the mission for you. With added incentives, limited lives, medals, etc. SpOps would be truly amazing. I hope 343 finds a way to make this happen.

Not necessarily. Other than Camo and PV, I don't feel AA are the problem in Halo 4. That's not my point though. What you want 343 to do, and what is realistic for them to do are 2 different things. Its unlikely that they'd just laugh AAs away.
I'm gonna have to side with Pop on this one. They should have laughed at AA's and said No. It happening is/was realistic enough; 343 just needed to have the balls to do it. I'm not gonna gripe about it though, I'm still having fun.. sort of. :)

This week's episode of Ops is much better than last week. Primarily because there are so little Prometheans.

The story is picking up and looks like it will be better than the actual campaign, which is good.
Also, 343 continues their witch hunt of Halsey. It brought a tear to my eye to see her defiant like that. Don't let em break you, Catherine!

senador

Banned
I'm gonna have to side with Pop on this one. They should have laughed at AA's and said No. It happening is/was realistic enough; 343 just needed to have the balls to do it. I'm not gonna gripe about it though, I'm still having fun.. sort of. :)

Well, then I'd say the same thing to you. What you want 343 to do, and what is realistic for them to do are 2 different things. :p

I don't love AAs, but axing them isn't/wasn't realistic.

Havok

Is Spartan Ops playable via system-link when everyone uses a gold account?
Unfortunately, no. If you try to set your Network to System Link, even though everyone is signed into an XBL Gold account and connected to the internet, it'll kick you out, gray out the Spartan Ops menu options, and say that you need to be connected to Xbox Live. It is pretty awful that me and my roommate get input lag when playing on a LAN because it has to send the data out first.

Top Bottom