• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

wwm0nkey

Wait so there was a final kill cam for the whole game at launch? I actually really like that feature in shooters like CoD, because sometimes you can see some really beast mode moments or crazy shit on how they pull one out of their ass. It's especially good when it's a 590 to 590 game clutch win. :(
Yeah, but I am sure TU2 will be fixing that issue....or at least I hope

Thus making it impossible to get the medal for obtaining the final kill in a matchmade game, as that medal is tied to the killcam and not the actual kill itself.

Wow....I didn't even know that....

Exile is much tighter than Valhalla, and it's tighter, but not by much than that other grey map that it's on.

Those maps make it much harder to get a PP off on a Mantis. Exile there's not really a spot on the map you can't get in PP range of a mantis without getting wrecked.
Damned custom loadouts. Still worth a shot making a custom variant of, because the vehicles that are on the map make it not that much fun to play for me.

DeadNames

Banned
Not gonna lie Fyre, I love it when you post this technical stuff about the game. It's wicked cool to see what goes on behind the scenes.

Booties

Banned
Rip Moorelli RIP Iscariote RIP hdip Rip SDBB & Co RIP free RIP skeeting smurf RIP liquid penguins RIP Halo
Sdbb and his crew still roid up and play games when they are released (borderlands 2, cod), but nothing like halo 3 days. That list makes me sad. They're my real halo friends, not all these b-list halo community celebs I play with now

Louis Wu

edit - and no, no ban for Tawpgun
jokeson.png

It won't be of any use, he likes the game.
Wow. So you don't really know what I think of the game, since I haven't actually said anything about it - I've argued with you about specific pieces, but we haven't talked at all about overall feelings... but really, that's sort of irrelevant, since this statement suggests that you're unwilling to even LISTEN to opinions that don't match yours.

Way to stay open-minded.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Spartan Ops lol

You seem angry a lot, are you angry?

Spartan Ops looks decent next week. Need to finish out this week's episode.

So how's everyone doing?

How're y'all enjoying the game?

Actual serious questions, I barely have time to get online anymore and talk to you guys

Gui's back! How have you been?

HaloGaf as a majority hates Halo 4 or dislikes it in multiple ways. There are still a few of us here that like the game a good bit though.

Gui_PT

So how's everyone doing?

Actual serious questions, I barely have time to get online anymore and talk to you guys

So how's everyone doing?

Being honest, little has changed since the weekend after release when we met.
I haven't played it in over a week now though..

MrBig

So how's everyone doing?

Lurking this thread has been more enjoyable than actually playing H4 post the first couple days.

rip halo, that forge post will probably be the last bit of effort I end up putting into the franchise going forward.

I was excited with all of the large maps that I thought Halo 4 would bring back the love for BTB, something Reach did not do. However, they have completely ruined the experience with only having Infinity Slayer and horrible weapon/vehicle layouts on these maps along with some horrid gameplay changes.

I mean, what happened to those epic BTB battles from 2 and 3? Amazing 1 flag games on Headlong, 2 flag on Avalanche, etc... It seems map movement has almost completely disappeared on some of these big maps. It is always a fight for one area or where there is very little map movement at all in terms of where teams are. While I enjoy fighting for a key area, I have really noticed teams just don't seem to move and that camping is even more of a problem than it has been in past Halo's, even Reach. Halo was always about map movement and getting around the enemy to flank by using the environment to your advantage, grab their flag, etc... Now, it is just two teams sitting back pinging each other with DMR's (which is why I like the BR better but you can't use it on big maps with people with DMR's) or waiting for some stupid random weapon spawn to pop up along with personal ordinance.

The problem is that they keep trying to evolve the gameplay when in reality it needs to go back to being much more simple, a game not where I can call in weapons on a point streak or pick my starting lineup or use some powerup I spawn with to get the drop on someone. It needs to go back to a game where skill and teamwork reigned supreme and if you weren't that good, you would pay the price by doing poorly, almost forcing you to play more so you could get better. Games these days seem to try to take away skill and put in crutches for players to use. Sadly this generation has caused people to want to be rewarded constantly which while in a single player game is fine, however it greatly unbalances most MP games. I can go into detail what I think it wrong, but most people have already mentioned it. This is just coming from someone who likes to play with a group of friends working as a team and utilizing maps to capture objectives in BTB but realizes BTB isn't what it used to be and is now a shadow of its former fun self. /rant

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So how's everyone doing?

Played a bunch of Slayer Pro. Fun was had. Finished Engineer and started Rogue. Have yet to use the armor mod I have yet but I will definitely be doing so tonight.

Played a bunch of Slayer Pro. Fun was had. Finished Engineer and started Rogue. Have yet to use the armor mod I have yet but I will definitely be doing so tonight.

Yeah, I'd like to hear what kind of heads up that gives a player.

Also, hey, a reason to do "well" and not die in Spartan Ops:

eTzOy.png

There are probably cheevos for the other episodes too? Haven't been paying attention.

zlatko

Banned
So how's everyone doing?

I'll just repost this that I wrote today in the OT:

For me I've played so many FPS and TPS shooters since the start of this generation that it's easy to find faults with so many of them, and the majority I bail on after a month's time. The exceptions? Metal Gear Online, Gears of War 1, and Call of Duty 4. These games, with definite faults of their own, still held my interest day in day out for months at a time to keep having fun with them.

Too often when I put in a shooter this gen I start to get pissed off and bitch into my headset or in my mind if I'm playing alone. So for me to find a game where I'm just having fun and can laugh with friends the whole time I play, is a REAL treat. Even my buddies noticed..."hey you aren't complaining about anything when we play this...wtf?" Well yeah wtf is there that's really destroying the flow of the game for me? There's no armor lock bull crap or real inconsistencies with bloom like in Reach. Plus, the map selection here takes a giant shit on what Reach had pre map packs.

The game of course will get, and needs to get, a few updates in its time line, but even if 343 said, "We aren't changing shit except adding more maps," then I'd still be A okay with it. Why? Because as I sit here at work day in day out, all I keep thinking about is wanting to be home to get in a little more time with the game.

I've dabbled with all the modes, and I have fun in the majority of them. CTF and SWAT are my two favorites at the moment. That bad ass feeling when your team has to play defense the whole game because the other guys are really good at pushing your flag, only for you to find that brief moment in time to slip away while your 3 play D, and you get to the flag, melee 3 guys with it, shoot another, and make it back to cap it with red flashing health...fuck that feels soooooo good! Or in SWAT when the other team is 5 kills away to win, and you guys are down 10, and all of the sudden you turn on God Mode and get an over kill, into a triple kill to bring your team back...fuck yes!

If you can't find moments of fun in the game, then it isn't for you. I get abilities, perks, and guns need tweaking/balancing, but to start up a stink storm to say the game is unbalanced on the levels of like MW2 where you can rain death and drop a nuke on people to win, compared to some guy getting a needler to drop down after he got 3 kills, is a ridiculous notion. It's 2 free kills at best.

<3 this game.

WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS GAME KEEP DELETING MY DOWNLOADED SKINS AND ARMOR

edit: this time redownloading them didn't even work. Guess all my preorder bonuses are forfeit now. Fuck off 343. Thanks for addressing this in your bulletin oh wait

m23

I've dabbled with all the modes, and I have fun in the majority of them. CTF and SWAT are my two favorites at the moment. That bad ass feeling when your team has to play defense the whole game because the other guys are really good at pushing your flag, only for you to find that brief moment in time to slip away while your 3 play D, and you get to the flag, melee 3 guys with it, shoot another, and make it back to cap it with red flashing health...fuck that feels soooooo good! Or in SWAT when the other team is 5 kills away to win, and you guys are down 10, and all of the sudden you turn on God Mode and get an over kill, into a triple kill to bring your team back...fuck yes!.

I've had a couple moments similar to those, so good. CTF provides a lot of intense and memorable moments for me.

You're lucky. Half the Spartan 2 recruits died in the process. Least your rejection is just them taking your armor.
You know, I'd love to laugh about the fiction and all of that. I'd love to be a halo fan but when this game deletes my campaign progress and all the armor and skins that I paid for on eBay, I'm just fucking done.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You know, I'd love to laugh about the fiction and all of that. I'd love to be a halo fan but when this game deletes my campaign progress and all the armor and skins that I paid for on eBay, I'm just fucking done. This game is a piece of shit.

Hey, I feel for you. Hopefully they get that shit fixed. I am scared to continue my Legendary run in fear it deletes it.

Do you dashboard when it happens (skins/armor)? It did it to me the first week, and I just had to go to the dash and back in.

IHaveIce

Banned
More I see Complex, the more I believe it wasnt meant for Multiplayer. Don't mind it so much for Spartan Ops.
Yep. The map itself would be great for firefight and works well with spartan ops, better than with multiplayer.

Also I think that the new achievements will be achievements for the other spartan ops episodes. Right now we have only achievements till episode 5, episode 6 releases the same week as the dlc. Also I hope we don't get multiplayer cheevos

Hey, I feel for you. Hopefully they get that shit fixed. I am scared to continue my Legendary run in fear it deletes it.
My advice is to hurry up and finish it before gets wiped out and you have to start all over again.

And yeah, the dashboard trick works usually but not this time. I tried re-downloading everything and it still isnt working.

How come Cyren hasn't gotten upset about the other pictures Josh has been posting? I thought the spoonful of sugar cubes was very insulting to us Halo communities :p

More I see Complex, the more I believe it wasnt meant for Multiplayer. Don't mind it so much for Spartan Ops.
The Complex missions are among the best of the bunch, for sure (I enjoy SpOps for what it is, wish like hell it could be more). It's just a weird map for multiplayer; too many buildings and FAR too many spots to just sit and wait for some poor schmuck to have the audacity to walk by (I don't use PV, maybe I should use it for that map alone, lol). As a fan of asymmetrical maps, I just don't think they play well for Halo 4, especially since there are no gametypes more suited to their layout like 1 Flag or 1 Bomb.

The Lamonster said:
WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS GAME KEEP DELETING MY DOWNLOADED SKINS AND ARE ARMOR

Ypg8Z.gif

You know, I'd love to laugh about the fiction and all of that. I'd love to be a halo fan but when this game deletes my campaign progress and all the armor and skins that I paid for on eBay, I'm just fucking done.

If I remember correctly, weren't you one of the folks whose posts in this thread were upbeat and happy with the game and such? These were my feelings, too...for a while. Now, I've never had this issue thankfully, but you're fully welcome to join my I-was-pretty-hyped-and-optimistic-about-H4-and-gave-it-a-real-chance-but-I've-slowly-turned-to-cutting-myself-instead Club. Myself, Alienshogun, and a few others are ready to hear your plight...

Ypg8Z.gif

If I remember correctly, weren't you one of the folks whose posts in this thread were upbeat and happy with the game and such? These were my feelings, too...for a while. Now, I've never had this issue thankfully, but you're fully welcome to join my I-was-pretty-hyped-and-optimistic-about-H4-and-gave-it-a-real-chance-but-I've-slowly-turned-to-cutting-myself-instead Club. Myself, Alienshogun, and a few others are ready to hear your plight...

It won't be anything new. It's all been said by everyone, a lot, since launch. It's the same valid points again and again. Fresh perspective from someone who liked the game? You squeezed that out of Cyclone.

I don't like essay season.

Top Bottom