• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

CyReN

If you can get MLG on board, that would be epic. Gotta keep the peace!

There's always peace;)

Seriously though if this gets done with would be a tremendous step forward for tournaments and possibly a playlist. At least viewership would be across the board.

Progress!

I just got in talks with:
  • Diesel
  • Arena Gaming
  • European Gaming League
  • Australian Cyber League
  • ForgeHub
  • BTB.net
  • The Halo Council

They are all on board to work on a set of competitive rules. I'm hoping that MLG/GB/Ghost join us, this should be a united front.

I'll nominate myself as the HaloGAF rep.

Omni

343 isn't just a game development studio, they manage the entire franchise. I'm sure a fair chunk of those 300 or so people (if that number is correct) didn't actually work on the game.

Didn't they hire as they were going too? It sounds like they were short on manpower for a big chunk of development.

Korosenai

Progress!

I just got in talks with:
  • Diesel
  • Arena Gaming
  • European Gaming League
  • Australian Cyber League
  • ForgeHub
  • BTB.net
  • The Halo Council

They are all on board to work on a set of competitive rules. I'm hoping that MLG/GB/Ghost join us, this should be a united front.
I'll nominate myself as one lucky Halo fan.

blamite

Somebody said, that you can do the commendation in SpOps. If true, this is a lot easier, then messing around in MM.

I was wrong about that. The vehicle category does say Campaign or Spartan Ops, but the splatter commendations specifically specifies "enemy Spartans" and that takes precedence I guess. Which makes sense I guess but is still a bit confusing.

Well my usually SpOps crew are online tomorow. Figure we could farm 75 splatters pretty quickly. (have not played this week SpOps yet what is best mission)

Ill report back tomorrow confirming either way. Hopefully you can

Splatters in Spartan Ops don't count towards the splatter commendation.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
There's always peace;)

Seriously though if this gets done with would be a tremendous step forward for tournaments and possibly a playlist. At least viewership would be across the board.

It needs MLG to collaborate and adopt the settings though.

Where did Ghost come from with all this stuff? I'm pretty sure he disappeared during Halo Reach and now somehow has position in MLG to pull these strings? What did I miss here?

Also matched against him and Defy in Slayer Pro today. Had a pretty epic match but we lost by 3.

edit: Also, Trey, Cabbie, can you guys get on for the league match tonight?

CyReN

It needs MLG to collaborate and adopt the settings though.

Where did Ghost come from with all this stuff? I'm pretty sure he disappeared during Halo Reach and now somehow has position in MLG to pull these strings? What did I miss here?

Also matched against him and Defy in Slayer Pro today. Had a pretty epic match but we lost by 3.

edit: Also, Trey, Cabbie, can you guys get on for the league match tonight?

I don't know how he got on, he did have a stint with THC but he went away so that kinda faded. My only issue is how "in touch" is he really with the community now.

Tashi

I don't know how he got on, he did have a stint with THC but he went away so that kinda faded. My only issue is how "in touch" is he really with the community now.

I just need him to be open. I don't expect him to be reading forums and shit lol. I do expect him however to talk to community leaders, current pros to nail down these competitive settings.

If there is a playlist, it's gotta be called, "Competitive" or something like that. It can't be tied to a single organization. But yea this is good. A unified set of gametypes and maps is key.

edit: No Midship!?! IGN is dead to me forever. Wow

Midship_Overview.jpg

Trasher

I just need him to be open. I don't expect him to be reading forums and shit lol. I do expect him however to talk to community leaders, current pros to nail down these competitive settings.

If there is a playlist, it's gotta be called, "Competitive" or something like that. It can't be tied to a single organization. But yea this is good. A unified set of gametypes and maps is key.

edit: No Midship!?! IGN is dead to me forever. Wow

Midship_Overview.jpg

You're the last one out on that. Get the lights!

CyReN

I thought that was a Onion article.

10)Exile
9)Guardian
8)Last Resort
7)Battle Creek
6)The Pit
5)Ivory Tower
4)Ascension
3)Hang Em High
2)Lockout
1)Blood Gulch

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
that is indeed a shit list of halo maps. jesus. i think only lockout, guardian, and the pit would make my top 10

EDIT: i like exile, doubt it would be in my top 10 though.

Havok

Having Last Resort on there instead of Zanzibar is hilarious enough, but then you also get: "We Recommend: Team Slayer, One Bomb, Assault, VIP, Infection, Capture the Flag"

I believe the phrase is "lol IGN."

Plus, Battle Creek over Beaver (when Beaver was a big layout improvement), Blood Gulch over Coag (see previous), and having Exile on there at all when it's just a clusterfuck of tank and Banshee explosions with some Gauss rounds thrown in.

Ascension isn't a top ten map, and Ivory Tower is pretty questionable as well.

op_ivy

Having Last Resort on there instead of Zanzibar is hilarious enough, but then you also get: "We Recommend: Team Slayer, One Bomb, Assault, VIP, Infection, Capture the Flag"

I believe the phrase is "lol IGN."

you left out infection in your bolding

Tashi

Oh shit they put up their Honorable mentions!

IGN said:
Honorable Mentions:

Backwash
Backwash0a.jpg

We recommend: Sentinel beam FFA

Dis map has a grate atmusfear. It rilly shows how Bungee wus abel to mayke the playr feel lyke they wer akchooaly on dis creepee locayshon.

Epitaph
Halo3_Epitaph_Environment-03%5B1%5D.jpg

We recommend: FFA Shotguns Oddball

Bungee has never mayde uh map lyke dis won befour. The sheeld dours ar the pinakle of map dezyn. Jus throe in sum bubble sheelds n yu ar gud to go!

Wow! Awesome!

op_ivy

ahahaha, brilliant post. surely ign forgot gemini in the runner up list though? ;)

Top Bottom