• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

J10

Banned
Is there a version of Haven out there with symmetrical initial spawns yet? Not that I could get to it, but I'd still like to know if such a thing exists.

Karl2177

Is there a version of Haven out there with symmetrical initial spawns yet? Not that I could get to it, but I'd still like to know if such a thing exists.

I have one. I also changed the initial spawns and removed the random ordnance, as well as the initial ordnance.

Tawpgun

"One of the keys to the success of the story is, we didn't pump a lot of time into figuring out who the Master Chief was, and why he was a ghost in a shell. He is a husk. He is a big green suit of armor that you move around."​

--Joe Staten

I used to hold this very tight.

But I'm digging where the chief is going. I just hope he doesn't get TOO emotional. The line at the end was almost pushing it.

But I welcome the more talkative chief.

His lines don't stand out as much though.

senador

Banned
"One of the keys to the success of the story is, we didn't pump a lot of time into figuring out who the Master Chief was, and why he was a ghost in a shell. He is a husk. He is a big green suit of armor that you move around."​

--Joe Staten

Which I think worked really really well for the first 3 games, but I'm really happy with where 343 has and is taking Chief. Just don't take it too far and fuck it up!

Karl2177

--Joe Staten
I used to hold this very tight.

But I'm digging where the chief is going. I just hope he doesn't get TOO emotional. The line at the end was almost pushing it.

But I welcome the more talkative chief.

His lines don't stand out as much though.

Personally, I welcome a more talkative protagonist. But part of the draw to Chief has been the mystery of who the Chief is. There's a huge mystery as to the Forerunners as well, and that sense of mystery has been slowly degrading since Halo CE, but it feels like it accelerated with the Halo Wars story. Now in Halo 4, there's not much mystery left in the universe; only the Precursors and Flood origins remain. And even so the EU has destroyed most of the intrigue of both.

CyReN

wait wait wait, Spartan Ops is split up and done until next year?
yhW4g.jpg

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
wait wait wait, Spartan Ops is split up and done until next year?

I don't remember 343 telling us about cutting up Spops like that. They should have said so in last week's bulletin if that was the case. Or even on Waypoint's news ticker. Anything.

Just great.

Havok

I can't imagine that Spartan Ops news would be the case without them telling us up front in a more formalized manner. I mean...that would be crazy. This week's bulletin should be interesting, I guess!
Which I think worked really really well for the first 3 games, but I'm really happy with where 343 has and is taking Chief. Just don't take it too far and fuck it up!
I think they struck a decent balance with 4, but I'm worried about how they take it forward from here. Halo 4's characterization of him works well because it plays on a very familiar thing to most longtime players - they care about Cortana on a very fundamental level in the same way that Chief does since she is consistently one of the most well-written and likable characters in the series. Without that, I don't think it'll be nearly as easy to find another bit of universal common ground.

willow ve

Why are there still ghosts on Complex Infinity Slayer?
Why do people still vote for Complex 5 games in a row?

Is this the new Sword Base?

Tawpgun

Why are there still ghosts on Complex Infinity Slayer?
Why do people still vote for Complex 5 games in a row?

Is this the new Sword Base?

It's like universally the worst map in the game and yet people vote for it constantly.

I don't get how so many people can like something so bad.

Reminds me of republicans.

willow ve

It's like universally the worst map in the game and yet people vote for it constantly.

I don't get how so many people can like something so bad.

It's like republicans.

I reckon they vote for it because it is lopsided and not a "fair" fight. They hope to have the advantageous position on the map and not allow any of the opposition to push them out of the middle structure or off the roof of the middle building. People did this all the time on Sword Base - vote for what you can easily win.

Top Bottom