• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

blamite

That's the biggest problem when the story. It assumes you know a lot, especially from the books. Elites are supposed to be friendly, yet they are just a "fanatical group" with no real explanation. A lot of details are just glossed over.

There are plenty of places they could have inserted a line or two to explain it, too. When Master Chief says his line about the Covenant being more fanatical on the first mission, Cortana could have come in and been like "I scanned their battlenet, and it looks like they're a splinter faction looking for something on this planet". Or there could have been something int he crash site on the second mission that said the same thing. The radio with the Elite repeating "Didact" was something, but not nearly enough.

Really anything to make it clear that these Covenant aren't The Covenant would have helped a lot. The closest they ever come is in the description of SpOps episode 4, which refers to "cult leader Jul 'Mdama". But this tiny bit of information is too little, too late, in the wrong place.

Redford

aka Cabbie
On occasion, I have been partial to the stylings of John Woo:​
izrohr1PiqlQb.png

iF1N3LVyFbvWp.gif
http://i6.minus.com/izrohr1PiqlQb.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

These are killing me. Is this one at regular speed?

malfcn

There are plenty of places they could have inserted a line or two to explain it, too. When Master Chief says his line about the Covenant being more fanatical on the first mission, Cortana could have come in and been like "I scanned their battlenet, and it looks like they're a splinter faction looking for something on this planet". Or there could have been something int he crash site on the second mission that said the same thing. The radio with the Elite repeating "Didact" was something, but not nearly enough.

Really anything to make it clear that these Covenant aren't The Covenant would have helped a lot. The closest they ever come is in the description of SpOps episode 4, which refers to "cult leader Jul 'Mdama". But this tiny bit of information is too little, too late, in the wrong place.

Pretty much, exactly.

That, and one class of enemies being called Storm. But that's because they;re supposed to storm things, like Snipers snipe. But they're not called "Snipe Covenent" just because they have snipers!

It's just a fan nickname, it's not like we're saying they're called Storm now in canon. I like it because it's easier to identify them, and beats any other names. If we get stuck calling them Neo Covenant or something it'd be stupid.

heckfu

Banned
Duncan, that was really a wonderful article and I couldn't think of anyone Mkre deserving than an OG member and a great platform to raise awareness for his son.

Another job well done, friend.

Oh that's cool :_o

Duncan, that was really a wonderful article and I couldn't think of anyone Mkre deserving than an OG member and a great platform to raise awareness for his son.

Another job well done, friend.

This is great. Can't wait to see the next.

Thanks, everyone! Glad you like it. Ram did most of the typing. :p

I won't commit to a regular schedule (or predictable victim selection) but I'll see what I can do.

Computron

These are killing me. Is this one at regular speed?

I forget what version I uploaded of this .GIF, but it seems to be playing at 2x slowmo on my iPhone.

Are Halo 2 .gifs HaloGAF's new thing?

I have a sudden urge to play. Anyone up for Halo 2 Vista?

Lol, you like my .GIFs? Should I post more? I gotta go to sleep now, but now that I got a really fast setup for .GIF making from PC games I can post up 60/120->30fps slowmos in less than a minute after I record anything cool happening. Now if only I could get my recording app to keep a rolling 30 second recording buffer on my SSD, I could just keep recording these all the time and have the .gifs made automatically with a simple macro.

Oh, and, Like I said earlier, I will be hosting another Halo2 Vista gameday soon, sometime after finals.

Omni

So... What happened to this page of the stats in game?

As far as I can tell, there's no way to see the final score after a match has ended... Unless of course I'm missing it in the jumbled mess that is the UI.

GloveSlap

I have been waiting forever to get a specialization code and one finally arrived in my dashboard messages. I excitedly grab a notepad to write down the code and hit the A button to open the message. Nope, that was the X button that I hit. Message deleted. My jaw hit the floor. I feel like such an idiot.

I have been waiting forever to get a specialization code and one finally arrived in my dashboard messages. I excitedly grab a notepad to write down the code and hit the A button to open the message. Nope, that was the X button that I hit. Message deleted. My jaw hit the floor. I feel like such an idiot.

-glove slap-

GamerSoul

:(

Ramirez

You can have mine, give me a second.

Like I said above, I’m all about the social experience, so I’ve found that now a days, unless I have a group to play with, I’ll usually just elect to sit on GAF/FB & troll.
At least you're upfront about it.

Good article.

Omni

Question; Is the SpOps "Mid Season Break" really a thing?
If so, I feel crazy lied to.

"Lied to"?

I can't say that I wasn't expecting it to be honest. Was just thinking about it the other day actually. Hopefully we get confirmation tomorrow when the bulletin is released

FyreWulff

343, bring back the headshot flip. Death animations suck. Ragdoll for life. Was so satisfying to see people get flipped by bullets.

Halo 2:

Kill someone with a rocket launcher: they fall to the side a couple of feet.

Kill someone with a magnum: BACKFLIP

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
"Lied to"?

I can't say that I wasn't expecting it to be honest. Was just thinking about it the other day actually. Hopefully we get confirmation tomorrow when the bulletin is released

Eh, I just took the whole "10 weeks of missions" as "10 weeks of missions in a row"
That's really how they implied it, not to mention there was never a single word about a midseason finale/break. When playing that last mission, I got the feeling it was a finale of sorts, and now my fears are coming true.

I guess it all makes sense, though, as the maps are coming out next week and they'll more than likely want to force the population to play Matchmaking... even if it is just a few grand.

343, bring back the headshot flip. Death animations suck. Ragdoll for life. Was so satisfying to see people get flipped by bullets.
I really liked CE's goofy melting IK corpses, and it's a shame something like that will never be again, but I can see why no one would bring that back.

Top Bottom