• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Fuchsdh

343 hasn't announced it (lolz), but this is what people found:

• Haven has been fixed. Weapons are no longer in the floor
  • Killcams have been improved
  • End Game killcams are better now added in some gametypes?
  • Game is reportedly smoother
  • Loadouts may have reset
Can confirm all of the above except smoothness (don't usually have any issues on that score. Two of my load outs were partially reset.)

GhaleonEB

Straight up, if 343 fixed:
  • Playlist Management
  • Spartan Ops Episode 6-10 are god like
  • Removed Flinch

Would you come back?
To clarify, with regard to Halo 4 at least I'll still dabble. I'm not disappearing; I'll finish Spartan Ops eventually, at least. I'm done with the OT's for a few reasons, but the game itself is the biggest of them. The other is I just don't have the time to put into them. Halo 4's OT was 20+ hours, done during a period of time when I was working 60-70 hours per week. I just don't have it in me any longer.

What would get me playing Halo 4 on a more regular basis?

BTB objective playlist(s)
Removal of flinch
No personal ordnance in said playlist
Removal of PP on spawn
Removal of JIP, or option to opt-out
Turning off instant respawn
Removal of Guass Hog and Scorpion from BTB
Fixed ordnance spawns (no random global ordnance)
Removal of jetpack and active camo from load outs

I'd be more invested in Spartan Ops with:

Limited lives, or campaign-style check points
Scoring, medals and skulls added
Daily challenges to strive for (only weeklies, and those are beating missions and killing Grunts? Yawn).

I think that's about it. With Reach I endured with the hope that the bad stuff would be fixed or removed. And it was, very gradually. But not enough. In the end I burned out, down to just Firefight. And now that's gone. With Halo 4 I feel like it's starting in worse shape than Reach. Not in terms of playlists - but the core game. And they're not going to unend the game they made, they're (rightfully) too invested in it.

But the problems >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the fun this time around, for me.

None of this will happen, sadly

I have faith in playlist management and Spartan Ops. Playlists are always a fluid thing. There will be changes throughout Halo 4's lifespan. And SpoOps has serious potential.

Flinch is never getting removed because the Rogue perk is built around it. Changing flinch would change one of the core aspects of the specialization system. This is also why I don't have faith that the red X's are ever coming back, because it's part of the Stalker perk. Which really, really sucks. I hate not knowing when my teammates die or where it happened. And no, the yellow X on the radar does not count at all.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Can confirm all of the above except smoothness (don't usually have any issues on that score. Two of my load outs were partially reset.)

Just played some Haven Infinity Slayer and Death Cams were still borked.

Also, had some more HUD bugs related to Drop Recon (Engineer armor mod) and I have to confirm but I feel like I was just informed of a weapon drop 10 seconds ahead rather than 5. Will have to play some more to see.

Fuchsdh

Just played some Haven Infinity Slayer and Death Cams were still borked.

Also, had some more HUD bugs related to Drop Recon (Engineer armor mod) and I have to confirm but I feel like I was just informed of a weapon drop 10 seconds ahead rather than 5. Will have to play some more to see.

Dunno about death cams I was referring to final killcams.

Also anyone else have their green dropped ordnance marker persisting for a few seconds after you grabbed it already?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hey. I don't blame you Ghaleon. You've put together some awesome OT's and I can't imagine the time spent. With your last update on work you need some relax time. An OT is just a first post on a forum somewhere, take some time and rest a bit. Especially if you aren't up on the game. You shouldn't be obligated to do them.

The rest of us yahoos can manage to post something. We'll have Kyle post a picture of a dump, or Plywood do some Game of Thrones gifs. :p

Hm, that sounds decent in terms of bugs and stuff.. Im sure it did a bunch more that we will never know about, but its good to see something come out and here talk of more. I just hope they also really try to listen to community feedback for the game and make some tweaks and additions on that front.

Tashi

Dunno about death cams I was referring to final killcams.

Also anyone else have their green dropped ordnance marker persisting for a few seconds after you grabbed it already?

Oh ok, yup, just saw it in Infinity Slayer.

Also, I was right about drop recon. It's 10 seconds now instead of 5. Maybe it was a bug earlier? Don't know but man it's a huge advantage. I just played Abandon and I was the first to get every ordnance drop.

So what phase is HaloGAF in now?
Now:

i4OET4p6kpcoJ.jpg

Soon...

ibq9sTDfwF9QLp.jpg

darthbob

They should release a changelog. Like seriously.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Making OTs is hard work, good OTs are not just made but maintained, and it can definitely be strenuous.

I still don't think two Halo threads are necessary though. The discussion is pretty much exactly the same, and all it really does is alienate people in the game OT from the latest news. IMO the Halo 4 OT should run it's course and be the home for discussion before funneling back into these Community threads. It really is just clutter otherwise.

I'm torn. Kyle has that sarcastic snarky bitterness, but Plywood has the .gifs. I'd think a co-op thread creation would be best.

Kyle: Snarky Comment about how the game has less features than the last one.
Plywood: Oh shit Ice Cube Gif.
Kyle: More logical cold blooded common sense and critical synopse of how dumb the plot of halo is, dropped by Kyle
Plywood: That gif of the guy wiping his mouth and starting to clap.

So what phase is HaloGAF in now?

Sexual frustration?

To clarify, with regard to Halo 4 at least I'll still dabble. I'm not disappearing; I'll finish Spartan Ops eventually, at least. I'm done with the OT's for a few reasons, but the game itself is the biggest of them. The other is I just don't have the time to put into them. Halo 4's OT was 20+ hours, done during a period of time when I was working 60-70 hours per week. I just don't have it in me any longer.

What would get me playing Halo 4 on a more regular basis?

BTB objective playlist(s)
Removal of flinch
No personal ordnance in said playlist
Removal of PP on spawn
Removal of JIP, or option to opt-out
Turning off instant respawn
Removal of Guass Hog and Scorpion from BTB
Fixed ordnance spawns (no random global ordnance)
Removal of jetpack and active camo from load outs

I'd be more invested in Spartan Ops with:

Limited lives, or campaign-style check points
Scoring, medals and skulls added
Daily challenges to strive for (only weeklies, and those are beating missions and killing Grunts? Yawn).

I think that's about it. With Reach I endured with the hope that the bad stuff would be fixed or removed. And it was, very gradually. But not enough. In the end I burned out, down to just Firefight. And now that's gone. With Halo 4 I feel like it's starting in worse shape than Reach. Not in terms of playlists - but the core game. And they're not going to unend the game they made, they're (rightfully) too invested in it.

But the problems >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the fun this time around, for me.

Agree with all of this. Sad to see you not do the OT but many of us are just as frustrated with the direction 343i took Halo.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Making OTs is hard work, good OTs are not just made but maintained, and it can definitely be strenuous.

I still don't think two Halo threads are necessary though. The discussion is pretty much exactly the same, and all it really does is alienate people in the game OT from the latest news. IMO the Halo 4 OT should run it's course and be the home for discussion before funneling back into these Community threads. It really is just clutter otherwise.

I don't wanna be forced to interact with the unwashed masses, thanks.

Kyle for Community side, Plywood for Gaming side.

it shall be done.

I can get behind this.

300.jpg

Chig

Does the leaderboard for the Infinity Challenge just go by who ever gets the most XP??

That's pretty dumb if so.

Tashi

Does the leaderboard for the Infinity Challenge just go by who ever gets the most XP??

That's pretty dumb if so.

Is it? I thought it was points in game. Could be wrong though

And yea, if this update actually changed as much as it seems to have changed, we should be filled in on it. No point in keeping us in the dark about what has already been fixed. I'm guessing they don't want people to say, "you fixed this but not that?!?!" or some shit like that.

edit: Just joined a match with less than 10 kills remaining for each team, I see that wasn't completely eradicated in this update. :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't wanna be forced to interact with the unwashed masses, thanks.
The same unwashed masses in this thread? Strange kind of phobia to have. Discussion has been about the same in both threads post-launch, with slightly more bitching in this thread.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The same unwashed masses in this thread? Strange kind of phobia to have. Discussion has been about the same in both threads post-launch, with slightly more bitching in this thread.

There's much less of "them" in this thread. And it's not a phobia, it's a preference.

I thought most of the visitors to the gaming side thread were far more cordial and open-minded about the game than most of the regulars here.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The Blops 2 deal appears to be dead, I hesitated and didn't grab one.

Oh well, I need to need to finish the games I bought on Black Friday.

Tashi

Man, anyone read Bulletins? They said they would, but are waiting until the patch is out everywhere to make sure no one uses the exploits they fixed before they get the patch.

Hopefully it'll show up tonight.

Oh I misunderstood. I thought there was another patch coming before they would release details. I got confused.

No problem waiting until the patch is available everywhere, hopefully it's soon though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm torn. Kyle has that sarcastic snarky bitterness, but Plywood has the .gifs. I'd think a co-op thread creation would be best.

Kyle: Snarky Comment about how the game has less features than the last one.
Plywood: Oh shit Ice Cube Gif.
Kyle: More logical cold blooded common sense and critical synopse of how dumb the plot of halo is, dropped by Kyle
Plywood: That gif of the guy wiping his mouth and starting to clap.

Sexual frustration?
diff2roj2n.gif

I can get behind this.

300.jpg
eRWFQ.gif

Top Bottom