• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the splash screen or whatever? That popped up for me, but I ignored it and went straight to the marketplace option in the main menu. Hope I didn't miss my chance, lol.
No, I meant in the main menu. I clicked that and a purchase screen for the Crimson Map Pack came up immediately for 0 MS points.

I actually enjoyed dual wielding though. dat SMG sound
I liked the SMG itself (<3 ODST silenced SMG) but the mechanic itself only really made for a bigger gap between those weapons, the BR and power weapons. Which resulted in the whole "BR is OP" nonsense among forum kids. Like a few other changes in the sequels it ultimately felt tacked on for the sake of change without being a meaningful benefit.

I love the layout of Harvest, but that's all I've yet to play so far out of 3 games. Though, I've been noticing some pretty jarring framerate problems on that map. And that's not even on splitscreen.

I love the layout of Harvest, but that's all I've yet to play so far out of 3 games. Though, I've been noticing some pretty jarring framerate problems on that map. And that's not even on splitscreen.

Yeah, it picks up mostly when the action gets really concentrated in one area, which happens often.

TCKaos

I don't know if the free map pack was on purpose, but I think it brought some people back. Crimson Map Pack is sitting up there fluctuating between 2nd and 3rd place as far as playlist population.

wow at the 2d harvest skybox
rip bungie

Yeah, it's almost like it was some sort of graphical trade-off. As we've said, you spend 90% of the time looking at everything that isn't the skybox. I'll take the lighting improvements over the skybox flatness.

I am worried about the bloom, though, ironically. Reserving judgement for when I get my hands on the maps tonight.

Omni

Seriously 343i. Really? Really?

img0170nv.jpg

The big washed out area is the light from the background.
img0171dh.jpg

It's worse than BF3! You can't see shit if you head towards blue team's flag from red team's flag area. In contrast, blue team has full visibility going to red base. I understand trying to make the map visually appealing, but that has just gone overboard.

orznge

Banned
Seriously 343i. Really? Really?

It's worse than BF3! You can't see shit if you head towards blue team's flag from red team's flag area. In contrast, blue team has full visibility going to red base. I understand trying to make the map visually appealing, but that has just gone overboard.

I hope they weren't trying to make it visually appealing, because it looks visually unappealing.

Not that this is a huge discovery, but I opened Wreckage is forge and it has spawns for 4 teams. So I guess multi-team support is starting to be implemented in some form... Maybe.

Every map in Forge has multi-team support from what I've seen. Ragnarok even supports multi-flag.

TheOddOne

MGS1 beat 7times even extreme

MGS2 beat like 10+times(definitely my favorite game-play wise.... only MGS game I 100% all dog tags...fuck vamp the second time, and really fuck fighting 25 MGS in a row.lol

MGS3...AMAZING Matserpiece... first and only play-through was stealth non-lethal..took me 27 hours to beat... but the real fuck me from the game was those goddamn green frogs... fuck them to oblivion... even got the one in the sidecar airport chase... nevea again... the end was just perfection..
for me I didn't realize you could look with R1 at the end when he was at the grave, I pressed it and looked down at the grave and it went to black like 2 seconds later... it was perfect timing was amazing
Also one of the dumbest things they did was not let me use my unlocks for a harder difficulty like in MGS2 one of the only reasons I was able to even beat MGS2 on extreme, so if I wanted to replay the game with them I had to play on the same difficulty...

MGS4 beat 7 times story was ridiculous but the game looked insane and the game-play was amazing....
Holy shit, you ma bro for life.

tumblr_m5w2ed7aVe1ryfenzo1_500.gif

So is the map pack that bad? I was thinking of picking up the season pass but I may skip that now...

Not bad.

and this

You're probably better off asking else where. Most people here hate everything, I suppose.

Personally, I like the maps. There's a couple issues that have popped up here and there, but overall I think this is a pretty solid pack if you're into big team type games. Wait it out if you prefer smaller maps though. These are mostly only 6v6 at a minimum.

Tawpgun

Technically speaking the VISR version with the Solar visor color is specifically designed to minimize the amount of lens flare you get.

Please don't give them ideas for Halo 5.

Because that's the direction we're going in. "It doesn't have a big impact on gameplay, its just tailoring to your play style"

So is the map pack that bad? I was thinking of picking up the season pass but I may skip that now...

You're probably better off asking else where. Most people here hate everything, I suppose.

Personally, I like the maps. There's a couple issues that have popped up here and there, but overall I think this is a pretty solid pack if you're into big team type games. Wait it out if you prefer smaller maps though. These are mostly only 6v6 at a minimum.

IHaveIce

Banned
lol the DLC playlist is the best proof that the split Playlists are a good idea.. people here seem to be too dumb to play CTF, so they shouldn't have to play it.

Yeah Harvest is good, the other are too big for my taste

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
"In real life you can change your rep. In the gaming world you cant"

Did I really just hear that? Did the guy with blue hair really just say that?

Are they really arguing over being good at a video game, and putting it over doing shit in real life.

What?

Dunno, I was stream trolling and found this one. Had to dive in, then I found Talents.

Havok

They're okay. I suspect some of them will end up developing some issues long-term as people get used to the layouts and find exploit-style power spots (which happens with a lot of maps, it's not unique to them), but by and large, they're not bad. Harvest seems like a good map, Wreckage is okay, Shatter is so-so for the gametypes it is paired with.

Puh-leeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom