• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just waiting till LE owners also lose their maps, would just be another fuck up,nothing surprising.

I don't like the that much, but I see potential in Harvest for Objective games, Capture the Flag on this map is really really cool.

I'm just annoyed by camo boltshotters and around 4 ghosts on the map on the same time.

My maps are still around so its seems they managed to not mess that one up.

rakka

sprint slowdown is annoying when you've got a damn ghost shooting at you. both when retreating or attempting hijack

FyreWulff

So, I just tried Japanese Halo 3 and Japanese Reach. Even the in-game dialogue is translated. Arbiter sounds like Keith David speaking Japanese.

They even went to the effort of resyncing the lips to the Japanese audio. It seems to match up, I definitely didn't see mouths animating when they weren't supposed to at least.

Also, Jorge's Japanese voice is something else.

I'll have fun streaming those.

IHaveIce

Banned
They have put so many ghosts on these maps :/
Yeah :/ I mean theyare not overpowered or anything, they are just damn annoying. The easiest way to handle them would be to put a PP in your loudout, but I dislike this stuff.. put xin your loudout to counter y.
My maps are still around so its seems they managed to not mess that one up.

Sounds good, maybe I will play today again, I was scared to be banned yesterday.

Akai__

So, I just tried Japanese Halo 3 and Japanese Reach. Even the in-game dialogue is translated. Arbiter sounds like Keith David speaking Japanese.

They even went to the effort of resyncing the lips to the Japanese audio. It seems to match up, I definitely didn't see mouths animating when they weren't supposed to at least.

Also, Jorge's Japanese voice is something else.

I'll have fun streaming those.

Huge Anime fan and I would love to see this. I want to learn more japanese, but I never find time for it. Also, I already speak 3
(even more if you count all of the Balkan countries)
different languages, 2 of them perfect, and I don't now, how difficult it is to learn a 4th.

Huge Anime fan and I would love to see this. I want to learn more japanese, but I never find time for it. Also, I already speak 3
(even more if you count all of the Balkan countries)
different languages, 2 of them perfect, and I don't now, how difficult it is to learn a 4th.

Learn Dutch! I've heard it's an awesome language.

Good god, is that a self-satisfied masturbatory video.

Hey there's a lot of talented people there that just look like they were invited to have some fun.

--

That Construct remake I posted the other day has a preview for version 2: http://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-4-forge-discussion/142892-construct-remake.html#post1566064

Also, I think Darkprince909, who made that beyond excellent Turf and Cold Storage map, is working on Ghost Town and Epitaph. Really liking a lot of what the Forge community have come up with in this contest. Hopefully 343 keeps tabs on things like this to help improve Forge for these people in the future.

Could we get a customs night thing going? I'd love to try out stuff like this. If there already is one, sorry, the OP should update first post with that info, considering this is the community thread.

ElRenoRaven

Seriously, why don't you guys go on amazon and buy Halo 2 vista?

It's $15. You guys spend more to get banned playing DLC.

It runs fine on any PC (or bootcamp mac!) that has vista or higher on lowish end systems and you can plug in your 360 controller (even a wireless one with the $15 adapter) and get the same controlls and aim assist, at 60+ fps and play customs with a game browser and dedicated servers. This is most of all the things you guys want!

This is not a rhetorical question, I actually want to know why.

Also, why do some of you instead play it over a convoluted and laggy XBC in SD without proper widescreen?

If you ever figure out why they do let me know. It's as close as you can get to the OG xbox version. Even has the insane autoaim when you plug in the 360 controller. The lack of pop in on cutscenes also makes it my preferred Halo 2 to play. Well that and the emulation issues on the 360 with Halo 2. It's actually funny. I used to think Halo 2 was the worst of them all but over the years it grew on me. I now consider it on par with 1,3, ODST. lol

TheOddOne

Hou je bek! Iedereen vindt Nederland cool.
images3.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20111125162443_glee_images_2_21_smh--4.gif

rakka

lol, too often a player with a boltshot kills me in one shot from 6 feet away. awesome.

same goes for shotgun and scattershot. sword lunges seem ridiculously long sometimes too.

I don't blame the actual weapons, it's probably due to the frequency of laggy games I play compared to reach. it got better a couple days ago when they announced an update that made connections a higher priority in matchmaking but i played a heap of games today and it seems like it went back to how it was before again.

Fuchsdh

Nothing warms my heart than watching two camo crouching players literally bump into each other center lift on Abandon and unload shotguns in each others' faces on reflex.

TheOddOne

You guys are all wrong.

Kind of fooled you all, in the movie they say Bimini but the actual scene was filmed in Surinam (I've been to the place they shot it btw).

LosDaddie

Banned
Play a few matches of BT Infinity Slayer and 1 chapter of Spartan Ops last night before joing a couple friends for Legendary co-op.

I had a good time. Is that OK?

I will be able to confirm this does indeed work later today. Not saying you're lying though, Squid. :p

It did work. I got the Legendary cheevo yesterday, and I'll be working on the solo Legendary cheevo this week.

It ain't happeneninginging. Engineers with specific server skills gathered in that arena are globally applicable and useful.

Good to know.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Legendary co-op done. Chief helmet get.
I'll try to wrap up solo Legendary soon.

Also, I thought the DLC cheevos weren't limited to the DLC maps? Looked last night and they all say they have to be done in the DLC playlist. I hope that playlist doesn't go away...

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. No. Nah. Not doing it! Nope.

That's it. I'm done. I'm on "Midnight," and I know I'm so close to the end, but I can't handle fighting the Knights anymore. I think I was on the second pillar thing. After dying several times from the boring fighting – staying behind cover and taking potshots at them, because that's what you do – and dealing with all the randomness (teleporting berserk for one, that I don't know how to react to) and lack of clarity on behalf of the feedback system, I finally kill that King Knight (whatever you call 'em) that's trying to kill me with a scattershot. Then one more Knight teleports in on the other end of the platform, and me, not being able to recognize what he holds, approaches him. Then an Incineration cannon blasts at me from his direction, killing me.

And I have no motivation to fight beyond him. I know what happens, and my opinion of how the game ends is not a good one.

No.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

That's it. I'm done. I'm on "Midnight," and I know I'm so close to the end, but I can't handle fighting the Knights anymore. I think I was on the second pillar thing. After dying several times from the boring fighting – staying behind cover and taking potshots at them, because that's what you do – and dealing with all the randomness (teleporting berserk for one, that I don't know how to react to) and lack of clarity on behalf of the feedback system, I finally kill that King Knight (whatever you call 'em) that's trying to kill me with a scattershot. Then one more Knight teleports in on the other end of the platform, and me, not being able to recognize what he holds, approaches him. Then an Incineration cannon blasts at me from his direction, killing me.

No!

You're pretty close. Just have to watch out for the cannon Knights at the end of each platform. The scattershot takes knights down super quick too. Played that part in co-op last night. Kill one of the cannon knights and keep his cannon to take out the rest of the knights.

You playing on Legendary alone your first time through?

Honestly I don't see much difference between knights and elites. Both you take shots at until their shield pops and then you headshot them. Elites just dodge a bit more.

Killer

Banned

And I have no motivation to fight beyond him. I know what happens, and my opinion of how the game ends is not a good one.

No.

In one of the two platforms there's a room with incineration canon. Use it against incineration canon knights. That part of the game is tedious as fuck. Don't forget to be online if you are playing it on legendary to get the cheif helmet. I played it offline and didn't get shit.

Godspeed.

You're pretty close. Just have to watch out for the cannon Knights at the end of each platform. The scattershot takes knights down super quick too. Played that part in co-op last night. Kill one of the cannon knights and keep his cannon to take out the rest of the knights.

Honestly I don't see much difference between knights and elites. Both you take shots at until their shield pops and then you headshot them. Elites just dodge a bit more.

No. The more I play Halo 4, the more I realize it's a poorly designed Halo campaign.

For me the difference between elites (from the past games) and knights is that Elites' AI move more (as you already said), the different ranking Elites have distinct looks and they don't have any real unfair behavior. Knights can teleport wherever they want and are invincible for a moment before and after the animation, they also all look similar which causes people to close in on an enemy with a Incineration cannon or scattershot. The last annoying thing about them is the bullet sponge aspect. They just take too many bullets to kill. Plus sometimes, they will stand completely still when they're shot at.

All those things make for an enemy that isn't really fun to fight.

IHaveIce

Banned

Elites can't teleport just in front of you to give you a onehit k.o

or are equipped with Binary Rifles or Incernation Cannons.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
No. The more I play Halo 4, the more I realize it's a poorly designed Halo campaign.

Eh, to each their own. You absolutely adore Halo 3 and I just never got deep into that campaign. Some great battles sure, but the plot didn't go anywhere and some of the levels just felt uninspired.

Not to say Halo 4's campaign is without flaws, it isn't, but I enjoyed it more than 3. Not sure if that was merely because it looks downright gorgeous and that cast a blindfold over some of the underlying issues or what, but I had fun digging through the Halo 4 campaign. That said the AI needs some work and we need more Promethean enemy types. I think I had the most fun fighting crawlers, just for the fact that you never knew what they were doing.

Those Forerunner interiors though. Drool. So much better than any of the other games.

LosDaddie

Banned

No.

I know what part you're at (I did it just yesterday on Legendary). You're almost done. There's a scattershot armory below the light bridge...you have to go through a hallway. The way I finished it was use the light rifle to kill the 1st (and only) knight that crosses the lightbridge (should only take 1 clip), then equip the scattershot to take down the rest. It took me about ~20min to finish. Oh and use the turret, if you can.

Legendary co-op done. Chief helmet get...

Yup. It's the best helmet, IMO. Now that I have it and the Noble-skinned DMR, I'm set :)

No.
This is the huge problem I had on my solo Legendary run on Sunday, and I became hyper-aware how cheap and unfun the Prometheans are to fight. I knew I was already at the end or else I would have stopped playing. Here's what I did that was ultimately successful:

At the last checkpoint (which is the final light bridge you have to turn on), I had a Light Rifle and Scattershot. There is infinite ammo for both guns if you drop down from the light bridge platform. Anyway...

- Checkpoint starts with one Knight charging at you across the light bridge. Hide behind the switch and it's fairly easy to assassinate him (or Scattershot a few times). Pick up the auto-sentry AA and deploy it.
- Move across the bridge to make the other Knights aware of you (because somehow they forgot you were there; shitty AI design), move back to the switch platform and ping them from afar. I was able to kill 3 of them this way.
- move across the bridge and take out the other Knights by throwing the Promgrenades right at them. If you hit them directly before they deploy, it stuns them and are easy pickings for the Scattershot.
- Deploy the auto-sentry and charge the final Knight by staying to the sides. Closing the distance fast will prevent him from shooting the Incineration Cannon and killing itself along with you. If you hang back and try to ping it like the others, you WILL end up getting killed, no question. Scattershot to death.

This took me FOREVER to finally do, and I cursed this game so many times for being cheap and shitty that my wife actually came in the gameroom and told me that maybe I needed to take a break, lol.
Good luck.

I remember all the grief I had during that section too. It's irritating enough to fight one knight let alone five only to be one shot by the camping jerkstore when you whittle their numbers to one.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Eh, to each their own. You absolutely adore Halo 3 and I just never got deep into that campaign. Some great battles sure, but the plot didn't go anywhere and some of the levels just felt uninspired.

Not to say Halo 4's campaign is without flaws, it isn't, but I enjoyed it more than 3. Not sure if that was merely because it looks downright gorgeous and that cast a blindfold over some of the underlying issues or what, but I had fun digging through the Halo 4 campaign. That said the AI needs some work and we need more Promethean enemy types. I think I had the most fun fighting crawlers, just for the fact that you never knew what they were doing.

Those Forerunner interiors though. Drool. So much better than any of the other games.

The fuck? I didn't like halo 3 much, but 4 is no where near halo 3. Hell i'd put halo 4 dead last out of all halo games. It had absolutely the worst campaign.

Btw I don't know what you were doing in campaign, but more often than not crawlers all came along the same path at me. I just had to line my dmr/LR in one spot and pop heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom