• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Ozzy, that wasn't what I was looking for. I can also say I received 20 pms from people agreeing with me.

Maybe this is asking too much idk, but screencap your inbox, censor the names using mspaint or something. Make sure the dates are included, as well as the titles.

Would take about as much effort as any of your other big posts.

I just find it hard to believe that people on an INTERNET FORUM would pm you to support you and condemn the rest of us when they could just post.

Omni

If you slow down and think a bit you can get the gist of it. It's pretty easy to understand actually. Sometimes I think that some people here prefer to just stick their fingers in their ears and yell: "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH", rather than attempt to have a rational, and civil discussion.

I read his post more than once and the first paragraph still confused me. Not that I have a problem with Ozzy at all and/or "stick my fingers in my ears and yell 'Blah blah blah blah'" (I generally enjoy reading his posts). Twas just sayin' :)

Gentlemen. I have found it.
Here is a relic from 2010s HaloWars.com Meltdown.
Recap- Multiplayer stat tracking on the web was going to be shutdown.
-Forums merged with Halo Waypoint
What insued was some of the most hilarious and ballsy posts to the moderator Cocopjojo.
http://www.halowars.com/forums/thread/953396.aspx
enjoy.
I was there when that happened. Still makes me sad... The Halo Wars forums were pretty awesome community wise.

Overdoziz

Banned
Ozzy, that wasn't what I was looking for. I can also say I received 20 pms from people agreeing with me.

Maybe this is asking too much idk, but screencap your inbox, censor the names using mspaint or something. Make sure the dates are included, as well as the titles.

Would take about as much effort as any of your other big posts.

I just find it hard to believe that people on an INTERNET FORUM would pm you to support you and condemn the rest of us when they could just post.
I believe him. I got this in response to the Ozzy vs Heckfu 1v1 extravaganza:

j5WnLZKALANfT.png

LTTP on this but I'm glad some people can settle on Halo 4 being good enough that it only gets to second place then begins to plummet.

There's a reason Halo 2 was #1 for it's entire lifespan, why Halo 3 was #1 for three years, and why Halo 4 can only hold the #1 spot for a week. Because it's not Halo. It's not Call of Duty either. It's just another "modern day shooter."

The last couple games of Infinity Slayer that I played everyone who had a mic was complaining(randoms):

-Why can people see through walls
-Why can people spawn with a shotgun
-Why do weapons despawn so fast
-The DMR is annoying
-Where the fuck did that weapon come from
-Why did they get a saw on their side and we got a needler
-Oh great another jetpacker

And my personal favorite, "wow halo sucks now."

Why are some so obsessed with changing the game, instead of improving it? It's a shame that 343's great gunplay is overshadowed by things like armor abilities, perks, and global ordnance drop. It's depressing as fuck going back to play CE and Halo 2 having a shit ton of fun even on a mediocre host. Then going back to Halo 4 and getting frustrated with jetpackers, ordnance, camo, boltshot, instant respawn, shitty teammates, the DMR, flinch, and the whole lot of other things.

Please 343 you can make a good game without having this shit in it. Instead of trying to follow what the "modern day shooter" does make your games unique. PLEASE

Oh I'm not so sure about that!

sai twerking to dance central 3.gif

PM details are lucky 13 PM's received total during Heckfu vs. Ozzy round 1. Unanimously bitching about an inner circle gang up here thorough out OT's history and those who don't like the game create a bad atmosphere here. All thanked me for "standing up" and over 2/3 thanked me for my game thoughts or contributions here. About half wanted an older HaloGAF from halo 3 days to return.

1 PM from a moderator about edits but I halted action as I normally enjoy Heckfu posts or drunkfu etc. Mods are quite professional here by the way.

I won't post exact details or names, they obviously don't want to share such comments publicly or names or become a target scapegoat.

As for the peak stats they aren't the most important. Example, how many are unique players rotating in or out over the course of a day or between peaks? It skews the unique players or total games per day, the crux of my point. Further the Halo 3 stats are very similar to current Halo 4 or Reach data as well, yet no one takes that on board.

Also show me the peaks and troughs for BLOPSII as well as say XBL #3 & #4, then we can compare the peak trend at least in a reasonable fashion.

Once again take 100k then say 50% unique player rotation per hour and that's 1.2million unique players per day then add SPOPS, customs, coop & campaign unique players to that, way more than 1.2million. The reason why XBL has #2 spot for Halo 4.

I WANNA SEE THE RECEIPTS

OverHeat

« generous god »
LTTP on this but I'm glad some people can settle on Halo 4 being good enough that it only gets to second place then begins to plummet.

There's a reason Halo 2 was #1 for it's entire lifespan, why Halo 3 was #1 for three years, and why Halo 4 can only hold the #1 spot for a week. Because it's not Halo. It's not Call of Duty either. It's just another "modern day shooter."

The last couple games of Infinity Slayer that I played everyone who had a mic was complaining(randoms):

-The DMR is annoying

Why are some so obsessed with changing the game, instead of improving it? It's a shame that 343's great gunplay is overshadowed by things like armor abilities, perks, and global ordnance drop. It's depressing as fuck going back to play CE and Halo 2 having a shit ton of fun even on a mediocre host. Then going back to Halo 4 and getting frustrated with jetpackers, ordnance, camo, boltshot, instant respawn, shitty teammates, the DMR, flinch, and the whole lot of other things.

Please 343 you can make a good game without having this shit in it. Instead of trying to follow what the "modern day shooter" does make your games unique. PLEASE
I agree the core shooting gameplay is awesome a lot of the little stuff make me mad as hell boltshot camo etc, but the gunplay keep pulling me back for more.

Fuchsdh

-The DMR is annoying

Please people, you can say you don't like the game, you can specify why in well-reasoned detail, but the assertion "Halo isn't #1 on the charts because of this" is pure, unprovable nonsense. Any one with a high schoolers understanding of experimental design and statistics can tell you that. (That goes for the flip side arguments as well.)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

-The DMR is annoying

You know, I think it's a little ridiculous no one is noticing how over the top the auto-aim is in the game either. If I still had the game I'd pull some clips of me where I should have definitely not got a headshot.

It's why the DMR is so strong, it's not the hit-detection, it's auto-aim.

Please people, you can say you don't like the game, you can specify why in well-reasoned detail, but the assertion "Halo isn't #1 on the charts because of this" is pure, unprovable nonsense. Any one with a high schoolers understanding of experimental design and statistics can tell you that. (That goes for the flip side arguments as well.)

Well of course is unprovable. I didn't think I would need to say "in my opinion" multiple times in my post.

But I do firmly believe the reason this franchise will never hit anything above #2 again is because it's conforming to what modern day shooters are. "Customize how YOU want to play!! unlock cool new skins for ur guns!! fun power weapons everywhere!!!" Where's the Halo that used to shake up the industry? Wheres that Halo that revolutionized online console play? Where's that Halo that added new modes like Theater and Forge? Wheres that Halo that added a shit ton of new gametypes while expanding on game modes that already exists in the franchise.

All I want is a successor to Halo 3, not Reach.

Fuchsdh

Well of course is unprovable. I didn't think I would need to say "in my opinion" multiple times in my post.

But I do firmly believe the reason this franchise will never hit anything above #2 again is because it's conforming to what modern day shooters are. "Customize how YOU want to play!! unlock cool new skins for ur guns!! fun power weapons everywhere!!!" Where's the Halo that used to shake up the industry? Wheres that Halo that revolutionized online console play? Where's that Halo that added new modes like Theater and Forge? Wheres that Halo that added a shit ton of new gametypes while expanding on game modes that already exists in the franchise.

All I want is a successor to Halo 3, not Reach.

And there's nothing wrong with wanting that, my point is its a fools' errand to say that those are the reasons Halo's not at the top of the charts anymore.

Many people here want Halo to be many things, and that's perfectly fine. I'm happy or fine with a lot of things that are deal breakers to other people, and vice versa. It only sucks when people have to be so single-minded about it (and not trying to call you out or anything yours is just the post I quoted, wasn't going to hunt for ozy on mobile.)

PM details are lucky 13 PM's received total during Heckfu vs. Ozzy round 1. Unanimously bitching about an inner circle gang up here thorough out OT's history and those who don't like the game create a bad atmosphere here. All thanked me for "standing up" and over 2/3 thanked me for my game thoughts or contributions here. About half wanted an older HaloGAF from halo 3 days to return.

1 PM from a moderator about edits but I halted action as I normally enjoy Heckfu posts or drunkfu etc. Mods are quite professional here by the way..

http://www.lewissociety.org/innerring.php here ya go ozzy.

Why is it I get Major Lag while playing 2 player Splitscreen Campaign (Offline)? What is this?

Halo 5 60fps. Believe.

I'm picturing an officer in the army named Lag.

willow ve

It's why the DMR is so strong, it's not the hit-detection, it's auto-aim.

The auto-aim might help, but I think it's the 3x zoom that really puts the DMR into its own category. If the BR had 3x zoom I feel like they would be able to compete on a lot more even ground, as it stands now the BR user is still too far away for an effective engagement (even on "small" maps like Haven) while the DMR user is destroying them.

Fuchsdh

What is the best SpOps level for knights? Still need my weekly...

"The Challenge" is perfect for crawlers and watchers, btw.
I'd say the first chapter of Ep 5 (Spartan Miller?) you get lots of power weapons to take them down.

(Does letting Watchers Rez Knights count for two Knight kills?)

Great question.

Another question we thought of last night was whether someone using the hard light shield can be splattered, and if not, does it hurt the vehicle à la armor lock. Anyone?

We shall pray to the old Gods and the new.
There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death.

ZalinKrow

Another question we thought of last night was whether someone using the hard light shield can be splattered, and if not, does it hurt the vehicle à la armor lock. Anyone?

I'm pretty sure someone using HLS just gets splattered normally. I don't think it affects the vehicle. It can be pretty funny :p

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'd say the first chapter of Ep 5 (Spartan Miller?) you get lots of power weapons to take them down.

yes, but they only do it once per knight. at least on easy.

Speaking of questions about the sandbox, I'm really loving the Halo 4 Mythbusters series on YouTube.

In episode 3 they show that it's possible to assassinate watchers. One of the coolest animations in the game.

rakka

the man cannons on adrift should be replaced with teleporters or something. it's irritating how often I can't make it across and suicide because I'm playing a laggy match. fucking ridiculous.

the man cannons on adrift should be replaced with teleporters or something. it's irritating how often I can't make it across and suicide because I'm playing a laggy match. fucking ridiculous.

Teleporters takes all the fun out of it. It's so satisfying to kill someone before they can make it across.

But that lag situation hasn't ever happened to me. That is bullshit.

Happened to me. Can be (could have been) fixed by extending the landing platform out.

it's bullshit hey? just out of curiosity what country do you live in? lag does all sorts of fucked up things where I am. if you live outside the US too, then maybe it's just me. if you live in the US, don't call it bullshit. lag is a real issue for many of us.

Not sure he meant it that way.

rakka

it's bullshit hey? just out of curiosity what country do you live in? lag does all sorts of fucked up things where I am. if you live outside the US too, then maybe it's just me. if you live in the US, don't call it bullshit. lag is a real issue for many of us.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I was agreeing with you - it's bullshit that the lag is so terrible that you can't make the jump. That is some game-breaking shit.

And I assumed you were outside of the US. I've heard some horror stories here about the non-US lag in Halo 4 :(

rakka

Happened to me. Can be (could have been) fixed by extending the landing platform out.

yeah I was thinking this too. even just a couple of metres of platform would allow players to land safely when there's a laggy match.

it's sort of like the situation where you jump from a height that usually wouldn't kill you but lag causes you to fall 2 or 3 times and then it's a suicide.

sorry, should have been more clear. I was agreeing with you - it's bullshit that the lag is so terrible that you can't make the jump. That is some game-breaking shit.

And I assumed you were outside of the US. I've heard some horror stories here about the non-US lag in Halo 4 :(
ah, my bad. thought you were accusing me of making shit up in regards to lag. you wouldn't have been the first lol.

yeah it gets pretty bad. I've gotten used to the fact that some of my shots won't register, scattershot or boltshot range against me will sometimes be stupidly unfair, but not being able to make a jump and suiciding due to lag is something I won't just brush off

Tawpgun

I think he's saying its bullshit that it happened. As in it sucks.

Poor choice of words/wording whatever.

On the topic of Adrift, I'm really starting to dislike it now. Just seems to have no flow. Reminds me of condemned. Half the time I'm looking for people and they are always a strafe away from a piece of cover.

Haven is still the best map in the game by far. Love the movement on it. timed respawns would do it a world of good, as well as some static ordnance.

yeah it gets pretty bad. I've gotten used to the fact that some of my shots won't register, scattershot or boltshot range against me will sometimes be stupidly unfair, but not being able to make a jump and suiciding due to lag is something I won't just brush off

I bet your killcams are all fucked up too. Even in the US they are pretty inaccurate.

Haven is still the best map in the game by far. Love the movement on it. timed respawns would do it a world of good, as well as some static ordnance.

Yeah, Haven is amazing. Worst skybox in the game, but best map. Best skybox is Solace IMO...or Shatter. That green volcano reminds me of World of Warcraft.

Tawpgun

I bet your killcams are all fucked up too. Even in the US they are pretty inaccurate.

Yeah, Haven is amazing. Worst skybox in the game, but best map. Best skybox is Solace IMO...or Shatter. That green volcano reminds me of World of Warcraft.

Shatter has one of the worst... the Volcano is cool but the rest of it is SO low res... like PS2 shit.

BravoHalo

On the topic of Adrift, I'm really starting to dislike it now. Just seems to have no flow. Reminds me of condemned. Half the time I'm looking for people and they are always a strafe away from a piece of cover.

But how to modify and use in-game options to give it flow...

hm...

be right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom