• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not with my tryhard pro headphones

original.jpg

Shadders

So it turns out the leading player in the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge brought to you by Ford, Virgin Gaming, Wendy's and Gatorade - LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE! is a massive cheat.

Check this video on Ninja's Twitch page: http://www.twitch.tv/ninja/b/353073995

Skip to 3hr40m

The guy who is miles ahead on the Infinity leaderboard can be seen farming kills with a boosting partner.

HaloGAF, I baleeted the XBL message with my Specialization code in it and I never used it. I got ~15-20 merry Xmas messages from XBL friends, and mass deleted everything in my inbox... including that one.

Wat do?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So it turns out the leading player in the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge brought to you by Ford, Virgin Gaming, Wendy's and Gatorade - LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE! is a massive cheat.

Skip to 3hr40m

The guy who is miles ahead on the Infinity leaderboard can be seen farming kills with a boosting partner.

With this challenge, if you're not cheating, you're doing it wrong.

Shadders

Who is honestly surprised at this?

I'm not surprised that people are cheating. I am a little surprised that there isn't an automated system in place to look out for boosting though. Reach had one, didn't it? And all you had to gain from boosting in Reach was armour and meaningless ranks..

You know what I'd love? A tournament system similar to PGR3 I think it was, where there were regional and international tournaments a few times a month.

Edit: Yeah Shadders, I feel the same. Can't believe they'd have such a massive prize for their first try at this.

Anyone got much experience creating Ios apps? I know there is probably a dedicated thread for this, but I know there are some programmers in here, and I was curious about HaloGafs knowledge on stuff.

CSR is going to flop hard, if they go website only.

That's even less feedback than Reach's ranking system.

It will only succeed if its in-game. And 1-X.

Talents

Banned

Skip to 3hr40m

Could he get banned for doing that? Hopefully he can.

The funny thing is, he's really bad...

You know what I'd love? A tournament system similar to PGR3 I think it was, where there were regional and international tournaments a few times a month.

Edit: Yeah Shadders, I feel the same. Can't believe they'd have such a massive prize for their first try at this.

The Pgr3 tournaments were brilliant. Elimination bracket setup etc. Remember playing them and never getting far but loving it all the same.

Would be cool to see something like that in a halo game.

J10

Banned
HaloGAF, I baleeted the XBL message with my Specialization code in it and I never used it. I got ~15-20 merry Xmas messages from XBL friends, and mass deleted everything in my inbox... including that one.

Wat do?

I didn't get any Merry Xmas messages on XBL. :(

lol - just jumped on to H4 in the middle of the day - big mistake.

Met Poker Fac3d randomly... dragged him down to a loss. :(

was just gonna post this haha. not a big deal, at least you didn't go 5-23 like the other guy on our team. i accidentally walked into your wraith at the begininng of the game and gave you a betrayal D:

I disagree. It's tough to lock down positions in OB because of Instant Respawn, especially if your teamwork isn't top notch.

I think Wreckage is a good map for ball movement because of how open it is. Halo 4's OB is less about "keeping the ball holder moving" and more about "keeping the ball itself moving". There are many places to throw the OB with decent sight lines and interesting gameplay dynamics around the man-cannons.
I'll agree with the teamwork aspect, but I've been in plenty of lop-sided games where my or the other team has ended the game very quickly. As much as I dislike instant respawn, I don't think it's as gametype breaking as the bases are on Solace. Or the camo AA, or PV. Gods below, I've come to fucking hate the sound of PV being used, and have drawn the conclusion that it's a combination of the geometry eschewing quality of jetpack along with the gameplay-stalling ability of Armor Lock.

I played enough games on Wreckage to know that I'll never play on it again. I'd rather watch the spinning UNSC logo.

Pop

Well.. technically, the Virgin tournament is a ranking.. and people are cheating to be at the top of it.

Have fun when CSR comes around when people can boost via JIP

JIP can't and will not work with ranked playlists. If 343i goes that way then my hope for Halo will be when Bungie takes back over.

Shadders

JIP can't and will not work with ranked playlists. If 343i goes that way then my hope for Halo will be when Bungie takes back over.

Removal of JIP would need to be replaced with stiff quitting penalties in those playlists. Let's hope they have the ability to adjust quit penalties by playlist.

random note that I found to work consistently during my time off last week:

If you have a mic and go in solo, you will always get paired up other people with mics (unless a full team, obviously). This may have been the case in previous Halos, but I never noticed it until this game.

Public ranking.

Automatic derank of one level for every quit.
That's not a very well thought out idea.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I wouldn't worry about boosters and cheaters winning the Virgin thing. They will be rooted out when the prizes are given and it will all have been for naught. Best punishment for them.

IHaveIce

Banned
Well.. technically, the Virgin tournament is a ranking.. and people are cheating to be at the top of it.

Have fun when CSR comes around when people can boost via JIP

Man you really hate ranking systems what? lol.

JiP has to be turned off for ranked playlists, quitting penalties. And here in the Virgin stuff you can win stuff, so of course people gonna go crazy

Frankie confirming they won't get the truck is perfect.

Striker

We've had three Haloes now where people keep requesting a Team Mercenaries playlist, I don't think we're ever getting one.
I'm aware, but you would have thought some FFA tournament or whatever you feel like calling it wouldn't allow parties to go in together. Just asking for people to cheat.

Did you guys know you can send out Covenant through the airlocks on the level The composer? Pretty neat.
Yeah, it's a pretty cool little bit. It does kind of suck when you don't get to the door in time and you're face to face with a bunch of Covies, though.

OK as long as you put chrome balls on it.
Are flesh-colored ones acceptable? There's a Jeep in my parking lot with them, and I doubt they'll be missed.

Wasn't there a 1v1 playlist during Halo 2 at one point?
There was one in Halo 3 for a brief period.

JiP is not going to be turned off when CSR is implemented. We know why we would want it off in a ranked environment, but let's be realistic and accept that it's not going away. CSR is going to affect all playlists (at least at the start, who knows what will happen later); JiP will not be removed from all playlists.

FyreWulff

Man you really hate ranking systems what? lol.

Actually I'd like to see a ranked Team Mercenaries playlist. Max Party size 1, 4v4.

It'd be the purest form of Trueskill ranks possible in a team format in Halo. Because every team would close as possible in skill to each other.

I'm not exactly sure CSR'd playlists will ban JIP at this point, considering how many other features in Halo 4 are missing or don't work as previously announced. The main problem is I can join say Tunavi or Devo or Wu in a game - when they're at max party size - and end up on the other team. I don't know why this is allowed, even in a non-visible-ranking setup. I always play legit when this happens but other people are definitely not as nice.

Wasn't there a 1v1 playlist during Halo 2 at one point?

As pointed out, not what I was talking about, but both Halo 2 and Halo 3 had 1v1 playlists, and they were massive failures. 1v1 works for customs, not matchmaking.

Did you guys know you can send out Covenant through the airlocks on the level The composer? Pretty neat.

You can do it twice actually.

Skip to 3hr40m

didnt they make some special rules about farming and boosting?

IHaveIce

Banned
Actually I'd like to see a ranked Team Mercenaries playlist. Max Party size 1, 4v4.

It'd be the purest form of Trueskill ranks possible in a team format in Halo. Because every team would close as possible in skill to each other.

I'm not exactly sure CSR'd playlists will ban JIP at this point, considering how many other features in Halo 4 are missing or don't work as previously announced. The main problem is I can join say Tunavi or Devo or Wu in a game - when they're at max party size - and end up on the other team. I don't know why this is allowed, even in a non-visible-ranking setup. I always play legit when this happens but other people are definitely not as nice.

Oh I just thought I saw a lot of posts coming from you against Ranked lists, maybe I'm mixing things up.

But yes I agree, this is exactly the biggest problem that could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom