• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont even understand ordinance

is it just after a certain amount of kills but not necessarily a streak?

It has to do with the points you earn per actions. You get your first Ordnance drop after 70 "points," which are indicated by the white text on-screen. Kills are 10, assists are 5, and all sorts of specialties net you bonus points. It requires some additional points to get every successive drop though.

How so? As an avid multimonitor person, I still find 7's support lacking.

One of the nice new features is you can choose what you want each taskbar to display on different monitors. You can now choose if you want the taskbar on other monitors and you can choose if you want all your pinned applications to show on a second taskbar, just the applications you have open on that screen, or none at all like Windows 7.

There's also a couple cool little things like different wallpapers for different screens and wallpapers that span multiple screens.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/xbox360/halo-4/tournament/3v3-halo-challenge

Looks like MLG is hosting a 3v3 Gamebattles mini tournament. Registration ends Monday. Pay to enter. Pretty cool.

Also, a lot of people are asking AGL to use the MLG v1 settings instead of the AGL settings and they might cave and do it. According to their twitter, if they sell out passes, they'll switch to MLG settings. The lack of unified competitive settings is already causing issues and we haven't had a major tournament yet. (Post release)

edit:Yuhas, how do you do different wallpapers for different monitors? Would love to do that with my current set up

One of the nice new features is you can choose what you want each taskbar to display on different monitors. You can now choose if you want the taskbar on other monitors and you can choose if you want all your pinned applications to show on a second taskbar, just the applications you have open on that screen, or none at all like Windows 7.

There's also a couple cool little things like different wallpapers for different screens and wallpapers that span multiple screens.

Is there a shortcut to flip default monitors? Is there one in Win7?

Always wondered that.

Or are those usually options in the graphics card display settings?

sweet. I guess upgrading to 8 has increased in priority. I should probably do a clean image, I've had 7 installed for a couple of years now and need to repartition anyways.

Is there a shortcut to flip default monitors? Is there one in Win7?

Always wondered that.

Or are those usually options in the graphics card display settings?

Right click desktop -> Screen Resolution

You can set the default monitor from there. I don't know of a keyboard shortcut for that however.
Yuhas, how do you do different wallpapers for different monitors? Would love to do that with my current set up

To the desktop background: Right click on desktop -> Personalize -> Desktop Background (or get there through Control Panel)

From there when you select a photo, right click on your photo and if you are using multiple monitors, there will be an option "Set as background for Monitor 1" or 2, 3, etc.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm still on XP. I like it.
T9BF6.png

J10

Banned
I just hopped on Halo 4 for the first time in a while; that is so lame that the Virgin Gaming logo is on the playlist banner.

I wouldn't be surprised if future double xp playlists were sponsored by Mountain Dew and Doritos.

md_emblem_profile.jpg

I remember when this was just a joke.

TheOddOne

Or, in other words, loadout items I enjoy aren't cheap. Loadout items that kill me are.
That is a gross simplification, Wu. Getting killed by a Plasma Grenade that can be found or earned via Ordnance isn’t cheap, because only one person gets it. It’s fair game then. However, everybody having it from the start, with sprint enabled, with instant respawn, with perks, and on top of all that the increase in magnetism creates an environment that encourages cheap play. The more matches you play, the more you will notice it. I use to think it was “ok” too and on paper it sounds like something that would not be a huge problem, but in practice it is.

The Stealth mod isn’t really something that is cheap, it is as viable as any of the other mods. Heck, the perk is a direct counter to Promethean Vision. However it is not a perk that will instant win you a battle, you still have to work to get a kill. It won’t help you in that department. Besides that, I have to sacrifice my much beloved Stability mod (less flinch).

jrFZa1AYg2EjO.png

I also rocked Windows ME for a long time. YEAH.

FyreWulff

WHY, WHY!??? you dont take the Haven first screen before chief gets blinded =(

At which moment, exactly? The scene pretty much starts blown out before Chief is on screen..

u8OP1l.jpg

If you could tell me the exact moment you want I could grab it, just made myself a checkpoint right before the scene

Screen dump: Reclaimer. ~180 screens
A) The game is most definitely technically visually stunning, comments on the art direction aside
B) Oh I do hate the new marine design. They look ... lego men. Or flying car traffic wardens.
C) I'm a huge fan of the 'Give me that chip' moment

A) The game is most definetely technically stunning
B) Oh I do hate the new marine design. They look ... lego men. Or flying car traffic wardens.
C) I'm a huge fan of the 'Give me that chip' moment
Yes. It is one of my favorite Halo 4 cutscenes. I wished 343i wouldn't have shown it at Comic-Con... It would have been a surprise to see just a behavior against a hero and his companion who together saved the universe.

Edit.: Which leads me to the question what is everyone favorite cutscene?

FyreWulff

I love this one. Wish it was wallpaper resolutio, I would totally rock all these screens on rotating wallpapers.

Well, at this point you might as well resize them since there's only going to be 720p worth of information unless they add campaign theater w/ superrendering. I can only capture 1080i, not p, so it's gonna look bad and the 360 is just scaling the 720p to make the image anyway.

edit: like so

Zoolader

I haven't played this game in a month, and it's only been out maybe two months. Even though I like H4 better than Reach, I played that for atleast a year before slowing down. Any word on a TU or reinstating file sharing? I'm gonna lose all interest most likely by the time anything gets updated for this game. Oh and I haven't even played the new maps and I own the LE edition of H4, they just looked that bad. Sad times for an og Halo fan :(

I haven't been this mad at a video game in years.

You should stop playing. Each time you play you are saying "I enjoy this, this is the Halo I want, good work 343"

Stop doing that.

LoL I can see the tournament now : Halo 4 on the pro circuit brought to you by MLG Virgin Gaming Mt Dew Doritos Ford Trucks Stride Gum And Bic Razers GET REALLL!!!!!"

This game is pissing me off to new fucking levels. Crouching camo snipers and boltshot bullshit.

I was playing with friends today after not playing for some time. To my great dismay, I saw one of them camo sniping. Of course, I had to betray him
That didn't go so well. Sorry Krow :p

u4iX

Carl making moves, man. Gotta give the guy credit.

I just got done posting this on Halo Council.

Unfortunately I have to call this one.

MLG is heavily invested in Gamebattles. Virgin Gaming is a direct competitor with Gamebattles.

Now, I'll speculate and make assumptions. Virgin Gaming, not having any live tournament experience, would opt to handle the online portion, holding online qualifiers. They would then ask MLG to handle the live event, because that is MLG's expertise.

Sundance, being so heavily invested in Gamebattles, would have to say no, because as a business he would be agreeing to allow his competitor to steal his sales by potential Halo Gamebattles players to switching over to the Virgin Gaming ladders.

It's as close to a win/win for Virgin Gaming as it can get.

Either MLG says no to this deal, and Sundance once again looks like the "Halo villian" and Virgin Gaming looks like the hero, or Sundance says yes to this deal and loses a huge portion of MLG's Gamebattles sales and participation and loses even more money by being the one responsible for the live event.

Now, is this exactly how it's going to be? No, that's just my speculation on the matter. Who knows, maybe Virgin Gaming would recoup some of the costs for MLG?

However, Virgin Gaming is definitely backing MLG into a corner with this one.

J-Roderton

I'm taking a good 3-4 day break here. Got some teeth pulled and I'm probably going to be catching up on some movies and books. I've been playing so much all week just to get my first specialization- one that I probably won't even notice much of a difference with. Five ranks to go. Probably going to roll with Rogue. Any thoughts?

But, here's some of my thoughts after playing a few hours a day: Maps are way too fucking big; even the Crimson DLC I picked up. There's a major lack of some good small deathmatch maps. Seems most of my encounters are from range and I'm forced to use DMR 99% of the time. Dominion is the hardest gametype to get a stinking win in with random players. I'm going for Commando and I don't think I ever will because I don't feel like spending that much time in there. Spartan OPs seems like a fine replacement for Firefight for me. It's like playing a separate campaign all to itself. MM there is a lot of fun. Just wish we could go back and play the previous episodes any time. Sniper battles are fun as hell on Exile. I have yet to get a competent warthog driver. And, again, the maps are too damn big.

There's what I think about H4 this week. Having a lot of fun ranking up and battling, but, I agree with a lot of you that a bunch of stuff needs fixed.
If anyone wants to team up any time for some Ops or War Games hit me. GT: T00 Much Steeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom