• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Halo 3 framerate is pretty terrible, that said at least its consistent, after half an hour of play (which is a fairly long while to be fair) - your used to it and it feels fine.

Overdoziz

Banned
I've rarely had any issues with Halo 3's framerate to be honest, definitely not enough for it to negatively affect my aiming which was an issue in Reach.

J10

Banned
Low FPS sympathizers are the worst people in the world. Yada yada woodchipper yada yada.

Question: What has to be sacrificed in order to bring up the framerate? What is Halo doing at thirty frames per second that can't be done at sixty? I think Halo looks good, I think Call of Duty looks good, but I've never seen them side by side.

J10

Banned
We will get to play as the Didact. The young Didact. In a flashback.

Nitpick: Arbiter playing exactly like the Chief, despite being a different species. You could program an Elite or Forerunner protagonist to do all kinds of crazy shit that a Spartan can't do, so let's hope they do if they go down that road. Or not, because then half the game could become a lot less interesting, kind of like starting multiplayer from SR1.

Question: What has to be sacrificed in order to bring up the framerate? What is Halo doing at thirty frames per second that can't be done at sixty? I think Halo looks good, I think Call of Duty looks good, but I've never seen them side by side.

One thing comes to mind immediately: ragdoll physics. Halo has them, Call of Duty doesn't. I prefer Halo's way.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
had a great time playing last night, except for one douche on adrift. i rushed sticky det, like i always do, with a teammate following about 100 feet back. got to the corner platform where sticky det spawns and began to engage an enemy rushing for it as well. i got there slightly before him and decided to grab the sticky detonator and use it to clean him up. at this point my teammate caught up and also rushed for the weapon. i grab it and jump to plant it at the enemy and my teammate melees me causing me to fly off the map. dick. i cant imagine he did it on purpose - who would expect i'd go flying, but it still sucked.

J-Roderton

Man, I'm really having fun with Oddball. I really like that you can toss the ball around, too. Got a little burned out while trying to get Dominion Victory Master. Impossible with random players.

Anyway, anyone have a recommendation on what spec I should pick first?Looks like I'll be hitting 50 after a couple matches later. I want to try to get a pretty useful one first. Does Rogue really help out with sniping?

Man, I'm really having fun with Oddball. I really like that you can toss the ball around, too. Got a little burned out while trying to get Dominion Victory Master. Impossible with random players.

Anyway, anyone have a recommendation on what spec I should pick first?Looks like I'll be hitting 50 after a couple matches later. I want to try to get a pretty useful one first. Does Rogue really help out with sniping?

Rogue is good. I find it fairly useful. Apart from that, Wetwork is also pretty useful to counter Promethean vision, and to run around almost silently, I think.

I's say go for Fast Track with Pioneer, but I noticed it doesn't give you all that much extra. It ads up I suppose. But it's only like one extra game's worth of exp every 5 or 6 games or so, depending on if you win or lose.

J-Roderton

Rogue is good. I find it fairly useful. Apart from that, Wetwork is also pretty useful to counter Promethean vision, and to run around almost silently, I think.

I's say go for Fast Track with Pioneer, but I noticed it doesn't give you all that much extra. It ads up I suppose. But it's only like one extra game's worth of exp every 5 or 6 games or so, depending on if you win or lose.

Cool. After looking at them, Wetwork seems like it has the most benefits. Probably going to roll with that or Rogue. Thanks.

anyone trying to get all the commendations is going need to kiss any semblance of a decent kill/death ratio goodbye

I think I have SO much more fun with Halo 4 than I would do if I cared about my K/D- I just dont enjoy the game competitively (unless playing against people I know) - so I am kind of personally ok with that trade off.

I would love to try Halo 4 MLG customs if anyone is playing them?

J-Roderton

I don't know when it happened with my time with online MP games, but I have to check my KD after every match. Such a habit.

Also, is there something wrong with perfection medals? I got one yesterday in Regicide and the commendation thing showed up on screen after the match, but, I never saw the medal in the carnage report.

kylej

Banned
so the only news we've received from 343 since their holiday break is a making of ford pickup truck video with the pimp my ride guys, correct?

Been playing halo 4 single player again to finally finish it, I hate running out of weapon ammo and there being NONE on the ground anywhere to restock, and the game is telling you to go find some right in the middle of your HUD just rubs salt in the wounds.

I know the game is running on some low memory limits but it is so broken, being chased by multiple knights and those dog things without a way to fight back.

I don't know when it happened with my time with online MP games, but I have to check my KD after every match. Such a habit.

Also, is there something wrong with perfection medals? I got one yesterday in Regicide and the commendation thing showed up on screen after the match, but, I never saw the medal in the carnage report.

343 removed it because they didn't want any unnecessary medals.

feel

so the only news we've received from 343 since their holiday break is a making of ford pickup truck video with the pimp my ride guys, correct?
Haven't been following closely but that seems about right.

Hey, happy birthday Tashi!

Spartan Ops 1.5 DUN DUN

spops6.png
I am looking forward to them. I hope that those aren't all yet because I want to fight below that floating island!

Edit.: Happy birthday tashi!

Petrichor

Am I the only one that thinks that the concussion rifle could be a loadout weapon? It fulfils much the same role as the pro pipe did in reach, so I don't think it would be too overcentralising.

Been playing halo 4 single player again to finally finish it, I hate running out of weapon ammo and there being NONE on the ground anywhere to restock, and the game is telling you to go find some right in the middle of your HUD just rubs salt in the wounds.

I know the game is running on some low memory limits but it is so broken, being chased by multiple knights and those dog things without a way to fight back.

what the fuck

Am I the only one that thinks that the concussion rifle could be a loadout weapon? It fulfils much the same role as the pro pipe did in reach, so I don't think it would be too overcentralising.

WHAT THE FUCK

The only times I've seen people have problems with ammo in campaign is when they try to fucking xXXMLGxB0nGxH1tZxXx their way through the game with nothing but a battle rifle and DMR. Explore and use Forerunner weapons, seriously. They balanced the lack of human weapons by making the Suppressor tear through shields, and the Light Rifle can usually 5-shot most higher-ranking Elites even on legendary.

Concussion Rifle as a loadout weapon is SUCH a bad idea. I say make it and a few other specialty/light explosive weapons (like the Railgun, Sticky Detonator, Gravity Hammer etc) the only Personal Ordnance options available. No Binary Rifle bullshit.

Actually the second links reminds me of the flood theme, maybe thats why I love 117 track, it have some tracks from Halo 3 and Halo 2.

AIs only being able to survive 10 years or whatever is a really lame construct in the halo universe

Actually it was fail-safe system to avoid the IA betray their creators but cortana have some human cells in her system so
she lived longer than an average IA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom