• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

GrizzNKev

Banned
Yeah, Bungie will not have an official opinion on Halo 4. They're more than 300 people with different tastes. They will never do more than call it a "good game".

TheOddOne

My guesses on Spartan Ops based on the pictures.

Episode 7
Chapter 1: new environment.
Chapter 2: new environment.
Chapter 3: based on Forge map Impact.
Chapter 4: new environment.
Chapter 5: new environment.

Episode 8
Chapter 1: new environment.
Chapter 2: based on Vortex multiplayer map.
Chapter 3: same space we saw in chapter 3 from week 6.
Chapter 4: new environment.
Chapter 5: campaign space we also saw in chapter 2 from week 6.

Episode 9
Chapter 1: based on Vortex multiplayer map.
Chapter 2: new environment.
Chapter 3: new environment.
Chapter 4: same space we saw in chapter 1 from week 6.

Episode 10
Chapter 1: same space we saw in chapter 5 from week 6.
Chapter 2: same space we saw in chapter 3 from week 6.
Chapter 3: new environment.
Chapter 4: same space we saw in chapter 3 from week 6.

Kujo

That's fucking insane. Most I've had is four, and that was more than maddening enough.
Everyone had red bars the whole game, so bad

(Still don't know why they changed red to be the longest bars now. Maybe it's to make people feel better about it "I got a full red bar connection!")

You know I really think they made this game thinking the hardcore Halo fan was in the rear view mirror. I think they thought the influx of the casual gamer would bridge the gap to CoD and the small minority long time Halo player leaving was acceptable.

Think about it, there is no semblance of competitive play. All intentional. I remember Frankie saying the game had to evolve. Why? Does CoD have to evolve? No, they keep to the same formula and build on what has been a success.

That sad part is I think the audience they choose not to cater to are the only ones who really give a shit what happens to this game.

I am not sure I remember a AAA game ever changing its core mechanics to compete with another. I don't mean borrow or influence. I mean copy another game directly like this one did.

Just give us a classic Halo playlist. It may not bring the masses back but WE will still be playing it. Those casuals went right back to CoD after giving Halo 4 a whirl.

For Halo 5, return to core Halo. You know why? because Halo shits on CoD and you don't need to copy them.
/rant

The AGL commentators not wearing blazers is a nice change

I would consider CoD2 to CoDMW a fairly radical change. But yeah, since then they have been really good at keeping it the same.

This is the change I want to see in Halo. I don't mean to be like CoD, but have a radical change like CoD 2 - CoD4 did. It was un-needed (CoD2 was GOTY everywhere) and bold as fuck to rebuild an already successful franchise. The new Xbox is the perfect time to do this. Halo can't stay on this path (multiplayer wise) or it's going to be a slow death like Final Fantasy is.

So many bad, unfunny and awkward moments compared to the MLG commentators, though.

Yeah, and they say "in my opinion" or "what I think" too much. It's like they're scared of being wrong.

God who are these commentators? You can't make this shit up,

You can make fun of us all you want. We don't care. Doesn't affect us. Hahaha. There's always going to be haters.

How immature are these people? Get them out, good lord.

LF7BLf7.png

I wonder if he'll be surprised to find that they're not playing Grifball.

TCKaos

With 3000 viewers on that stream, that's almost 4% of Halo 4's entire active player base. Just to put that in to perspective. 1 in 25 of everyone who will play Halo 4 today is watching that stream.

Also:
kcVOYum.jpg

heckfu

Banned
I watched until Boss Nasti tried to pick a fight with the Suds in the chat. I don't love them that much ether but he goes out of his way to cause trouble, time to grow up man.

Yeah, I thought the MLG commentators were bad (even Puckett sometimes), but this makes me long for the old days. Still happy to see some competitive Halo, though.

Cool, way to douche on multiple members of this community.

With 3000 viewers on that stream, that's almost 4% of Halo 4's entire active player base. Just to put that in to perspective. 1 in 25 of everyone who will play Halo 4 today is watching that stream.
Peak population counts are total concurrent players at a given time aren't they? If so that's not even close to the entire active playerbase.

Cool, way to douche on multiple members of this community.

I'm not 'douching' on anybody by sharing an honest, objective opinion. MLG's commentators have long been criticized (and this is a stretch because I don't know you, but that's been going on probably longer than you've even been involved with the MLG community at all).

Puckett's probably the best they've got and even he doesn't really think a lot of things through sometimes. ShockWav3 was alright, too. But if you go and watch professional sports like the NFL, NBA, or MLB, you'll notice an immense discrepancy in quality. Why can't I hold MLG's announcers responsible for the quality of their commentating? They could be better. They know they could be better.

MLG's StarCraft casters are on a different level. They definitely overshadow the Halo crew.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm not 'douching' on anybody by sharing an honest, objective opinion. MLG's commentators have long been criticized (and this is a stretch because I don't know you, but that's been going on probably longer than you've even been involved with the MLG community at all).

Puckett's probably the best they've got and even he doesn't really think a lot of things through sometimes. ShockWav3 was alright, too. But if you go and watch professional sports like the NFL, NBA, or MLB, you'll notice an immense discrepancy in quality. Why can't I hold MLG's announcers responsible for the quality of their commentating? They could be better. They know they could be better.

MLG's StarCraft casters are on a different level. They definitely overshadow the Halo crew.
Bravo - Walshy combo >

Top Bottom