• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

u4iX

Great, more closed corridors maps.

Halo 4 doesn't have that many closed corridor maps, especially in bigger maps.

Adrift is the only closed corridor map, and it's thought of as one of the top 3 maps in the game, so you're gonna play it a lot.

Haven is open, Complex is open, Harvest is open, Exile is open, Abandon is open, Relay is open, Ragnarok is open...

Adrift is the only closed corridor map, and it's thought of as one of the top 3 maps in the game, so you're gonna play it a lot.

Haven is open, Complex is open, Harvest is open, Exile is open, Abandon is open, Relay is open, Ragnarok is open...

No dude. He worked on gears which means he designed all the gears maps and thats the limit of his artistic limits. So expect Halo 5 to ship with Gridlock and roadie run spartan's

Game design how does it work.

I mean he, maybe is a good choice for bringing smallers maps to Halo 4 in the future.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I think he's saying that smaller maps are good.

edit: bah, should've refreshed

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
exile is really a terrific map... but why the hell does blue team spawn with a gauss hog still? remove both that and the tank. tired of someone getting either or both and sitting at the wall picking off morons that charge blindly at it. its a tank jerk off and you have an AR. you will die.

exile is really a terrific map... but why the hell does blue team spawn with a gauss hog still? remove both that and the tank. tired of someone getting either or both and sitting at the wall picking off morons that charge blindly at it. its a tank jerk off and you have an AR. you will die.

I'm telling you, the obvious solution is to replace it with a Flamethrower Hog (also known as the Chicharrone). Range equivalent to the chaingun, flame travels at a slight arc and you have to "paint" your targets for about half the time it takes to kill someone with the chaingun. After that time they won't be dead, but it'll be enough fire to kill them. Otherwise it just takes out a bit of their shields.

Just imagine the performance.

Moa

Exile will never be terrific while it has its FPS issues.

Dirtbag

I'm telling you, the obvious solution is to replace it with a Flamethrower Hog (also known as the Chicharrone). Range equivalent to the chaingun, flame travels at a slight arc and you have to "paint" your targets for about half the time it takes to kill someone with the chaingun. After that time they won't be dead, but it'll be enough fire to kill them. Otherwise it just takes out a bit of their shields.

what the hell are you talking about?

Havok

exile is really a terrific map... <snip>
I wouldn't go that far. Asymmetric bases, an incredibly powerful middle that favors red because it's harder to get shots on from the blue ramps, killing field spawns, nearly half of the map seems to exist solely because they wanted to put the tank over there and it needs some room. It could be pretty decent with some tweaks, but that's about as high as I could rate it.

It looked promising before launch, but the layout is weirdly schizophrenic. It feels like a mid-sized map that wants desperately to be BTB.

op_ivy

I wouldn't go that far. Asymmetric bases, an incredibly powerful middle that favors red because it's harder to get shots on from the blue ramps, killing field spawns, nearly half of the map seems to exist solely because they wanted to put the tank over there and it needs some room. It could be pretty decent with some tweaks, but that's about as high as I could rate it.

shrug, i just mean its fun. i love high ground too.

OT but watch how many shits I give.

Iv got £20 in Game Reward points to spend.

Devil May Cry HD Collection
Prince of Persia HD collection
Anarchy Reigns Limited Edition
Asura's Wrath
Bayonetta
Ninja Gaiden II
Dante's Inferno

Which do I buy. Willing to get XBL points if someone can recommend a good enough XBLA game.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Asura's Wrath
Bayonetta
Ninja Gaiden II
Dante's Inferno

Which do I buy. Willing to get XBL points if someone can recommend a good enough XBLA game.

Easily Bayonetta, how is this even a question?

Dirtbag

Wishing people to get fired seems a bit harsh.
Who said anything about being fired. There is usually massive shuffling after AAA releases.

In fact, they need to add a few bodies so they can at least deliver on their initial promises this time and not ship so feature short.

TheOddOne

tumblr_mh64skludP1rhpqdyo1_500.gif

Asura's Wrath
Bayonetta
Ninja Gaiden II
Dante's Inferno

Bayonetta or ninja gaiden II, Dante's Inferno is horrible for replay value. for a good XBLA game try The Cave, REZ, Mark of the Ninja, From Dust or Skullgirls if you like fighting games.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Asura's Wrath
Bayonetta
Ninja Gaiden II
Dante's Inferno

There's a tone of gameplay hours in the PoP and DMC collections. 40-60 in each, easily.

Can't speak for PoP, but DMC is the shit.

Havok

shrug, i just mean its fun. i love high ground too.
I thought High Ground was okay too.

For asymmetric objective gametypes.

Which Halo 4 has none of. Most of Halo 4 objective is akin to Neutral Bomb Ghost Town, which didn't make any sense either.

Maybe it's a different story if you're way into playing Slayer. I'm not really that guy.

There's a tone of gameplay hours in the PoP and DMC collections. 40-60 in each, easily.

That's what I'm thinking. I hear PoP has issues with audio which id rather avoid. My GF works in CEX and can get me most of those titles for under £20.

After playing DmC Id really like to go back and play DMC1-3 in HD especially 3.

The short list is basically

Bayonetta
Ninja Gaiden 2
Devil May Cry HD

IHaveIce

Banned
That's what I'm thinking. I hear PoP has issues with audio which id rather avoid. My GF works in CEX and can get me most of those titles for under £20.

After playing DmC Id really like to go back and play DMC1-3 in HD especially 3.

The short list is basically

Bayonetta
Ninja Gaiden 2
Devil May Cry HD

I'm voting for DMC HD, Bayonetta is also really good, but compared to the original DMC games .. pffff.

op_ivy

Maybe it's a different story if you're way into playing Slayer. I'm not really that guy.

yeah, i'm definitely that guy. also, not super competitive. i enjoy a well designed play space and don't care much if one teams spawn gives them a slight advantage due to the map layout. i also found plenty of very interesting and fun spaces to battle on high ground, and now exile too. for me its among halo's best.

Hey Tashi/Duncan/Domino!

Have ye thought about using Google Hangouts for your podcast? There is an option to record the video chat and upload it to Youtube. It might be cool as Skype limits it to just audio. The audio is pretty sweet too so the iTunes and other platforms wouldn't suffer.

Just a thought as a Youtube HAlogaF podcast listener :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I want to play Halo tonight. Like, 7pm Pacific or so. Let us dong and rejoice.

Hey Wahrer Machine, you should do a Halo OT.
YES. Also, I want Duncan to sing a recorded OT. No words, just song.

Top Bottom