• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

So camo'd from your base through their bonfire from rock to rock on Sanctuary and captured countless flags and lead your team to glorious victory?

Sure take what I say and apply the same old MLG formula. That's all many have got to post all the time isn't it?

There is no need for camo with tactical and stealth movement or objective timing. In default games even your sanctuary example can have the course of a game altered or break team setups because you got through their defenses and broke a push or forced a counter cap etc. Now actually expand that to the full default sandbox and maps and you'll see high ground, zanzibar, relic, burial mounds, ivory tower and more create these opportunities. You know the ones that have been far more popular in the Halo history of statistics.

So their complaints aren't valid because they are small in population? A dismissing attitude from you once again.

Yep, I'm done playing nice. I've provided plenty of debate, discussion, new topics, links to fresh content, helped out chasing facts, agreed with other points of view and more. Still the same posters put up one liners and GIF's for some innerGAF laughs. Ok play that way. I'm done being nice and friendly, welcome to call it how you see it. Debating seems to be a lost art form on this thread. Apparently that is closed minded.

I don't see a problem with the Halo 4 lens flare

jbxfbRwqGgH2jW.png

Sure take what I say and apply the same old MLG formula. That's all you've got to post all the time isn't it?

There is no need for camo, with tactical and stealth movement or objective timing in default games even on your sanctuary example yes you can alter the course of a game or break team setups because you got through their defenses.

I fail to see where I brought up any sort of MLG foulness that you seem to despise without reason.

There is nothing wrong with stealth in Halo when it describes your movement, not your appearance.

^that is the best example of lens flare interfering, but it can also be an issue on Complex, ragnarok, some others.
The lighting also seems to... saturate... the image on lots of maps, making it even more difficult to see invisible people.

Yep, I'm done playing nice. I've provided plenty of debate, discussion, new topics, links to fresh content, helped out chasing facts, agreed with other points of view and more. Still the same posters put up one liners and GIF's for some innerGAF laughs. Ok play that way. I'm done being nice and friendly, welcome to call it how you see it. Debating seems to be a lost art form on this thread. Apparently that is closed minded.

Shit. Sorry for awaking this beast, fellas. He's going to call it like he sees it.

But seriously, all I was saying is that whenever someone DOES have a point you are incredibly dismissive and post things at the end like, "gg" or "blah blah blah, thanks."

Sure take what I say and apply the same old MLG formula. That's all you've got to post all the time isn't it?

There is no need for camo, with tactical and stealth movement or objective timing in default games even on your sanctuary example yes you can alter the course of a game or break team setups because you got through their defenses.

Now actually expand that to the full default sandbox and maps and you'll see high ground, zanzibar, relic, burial mounds, ivory tower and more create these opportunities. You know the ones that have been far more popular in the Halo history of statistics.

You make very weak, poorly thought out and poorly constructed "debates" if the last couple pages are anything to go by. Your "points" often have no relation to the post you're responding to and often have no internal coherence either. Saying that you're contributing is I think a very misplaced sentiment.

Now actually expand that to the full default sandbox and maps and you'll see high ground, zanzibar, relic, burial mounds, ivory tower and more create these opportunities. You know the ones that have been far more popular in the Halo history of statistics.

I need a weapon.

0001_rz7g.gif

Tashi Ceiling, CE Pistol starts and 78 FOV or bust.

Karl2177

I'm just going to make a random note based on your avatar. Whenever I hear the David Cross marine in Halo 2, all I can think of is Tobias. It pulls me out of the experience so much, but yet I still want him to be a marine in future titles.

Continue on with attempting to discuss with Ozzy.

You make very weak, poorly thought out and poorly constructed "debates" if the last couple pages are anything to go by. Your "points" often have no relation to the post you're responding to and often have no internal coherence either. Saying that you're contributing is I think a very misplaced sentiment.

I give this my PM of support.

But seriously, all I was saying is that whenever someone DOES have a point you are incredibly dismissive and post things at the end like, "gg" or "blah blah blah, thanks."

And the very next post/page, he'll agree with 1 or more posters, say something like "that's actually a good idea", "oh what I meant was actually **********", "while you make a perfectly logical point, you don't live in Australia, so there's no fucking way you know what you're talking about", etc., etc. The shtick is old.

Yep, I'm done playing nice.....I'm done being nice and friendly, welcome to call it how you see it.

5sl1d.gif

CyReN

your just mad mlg halo is gone and you dont have slayer pro.

LDNVT.png

IHaveIce

Banned
Lol ozzy at it again, sometimes I'm struggling with myself if I should ignore you so I don't have to read this stuff or if I will miss some good laughs, quite a bother.

Ozzy will play the game even if it plays like Halo 2 just because it is called Halo. It is just like how casuals don't discern gameplay details, thats why Team Slayer was more populated than Super Slayer in reach, just because of the name.

Ozzy will play the game even if it plays like Halo 2 just because it is called Halo. It is just like how casuals don't discern gameplay details, thats why Team Slayer was more populated than Super Slayer in reach, just because of the name.

I know jumping on Ozzy is the cool thing to do in this thread right now, but Team Slayer was more fun than Super Slayer, simple as. Nothing to do with the name.

I dont get what you mean in the first part of your post. Are you saying Halo 2 plays bad, or that people play whatever new Halo game comes out just because its halo?

I know jumping on Ozzy is the cool thing to do in this thread right now, but Team Slayer was more fun than Super Slayer, simple as. Nothing to do with the name.

I dont get what you mean in the first part of your post. Are you saying Halo 2 plays bad, or that people play whatever new Halo game comes out just because its halo?
the second one

Karl2177

Just curious, but did you prefer 100% bloom to either 85% or 0 bloom?

Just curious, but did you prefer 100% bloom to either 85% or 0 bloom?

I didnt like Bloom full stop. It was too random.

The thing was, with higher numbers, me and my friends got better matches in vanilla slayer. Trueskill could work better and we got closer matches, competitively. In Super Slayer, with a lower pop. count we got either stomped in a match or completely dominated the other team.

Personally i prefer closer matches where the teams are evenly matched. This is all subjective and my experience but thats how i found it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is more or less what I was going to say, but nicer and more articulate.

Ozzy, you have some good points sometimes, but overall it seems like you have little grasp of how and why Halo works the way it does.

Karl2177

I didnt like Bloom full stop. It was too random.

The thing was, with higher numbers, me and my friends got better matches in vanilla slayer. Trueskill could work better and we got closer matches, competitively. In Super Slayer, with a lower pop. count we got either stomped in a match or completely dominated the other team.

Personally i prefer closer matches where the teams are evenly matched. This is all subjective and my experience but thats how i found it.

Well that somewhat enforces's Barlow Reagans BR's point. Because of the name as well as it's positioning in the menu, more people played Team Slayer. Which in turn meant that matches weren't even in Super Slayer, thus driving you away from it. The only difference between Team Slayer and Super Slayer was that the TU stuff like bloom and no sword block were in Super Slayer.

wwm0nkey

Thats what you get when you miss with the HALO formula. Kudos 343 and Bungie.
Now I really hope this serie dies. Die while I stille have a good memory about you. Good memory and respect.

Uhhhhh I think thats going a bit way too far. At its base Halo 4 is a great game, just really needs to cut the clutter.

Well that somewhat enforces's Barlow Reagans BR's point. Because of the name as well as it's positioning in the menu, more people played Team Slayer. Which in turn meant that matches weren't even in Super Slayer, thus driving you away from it. The only difference between Team Slayer and Super Slayer was that the TU stuff like bloom and no sword block were in Super Slayer.

Thats a good point. Its a shame they didnt implement Super Slayer at the top. Wouldve given a clearer picture of whether people played Team Slayer for the settings or just the position. Even though a lot of people just play the first option, it would have been interesting to see how the populations reacted.

Thank you Karl and Zerofire.

I was hoping you were linking to my posts haha.

Thats a good point. Its a shame they didnt implement Super Slayer at the top. Wouldve given a clearer picture of whether people played Team Slayer for the settings or just the position. Even though a lot of people just play the first option, it would have been interesting to see how the populations reacted.
It would have been more interesting if they had applied the TU to Team Slayer and introduced another playlist called Reach Slayer without the TU. The majority of the population would not have been able to tell the difference.

Now I really hope this serie dies. Die while I stille have a good memory about you. Good memory and respect.

I know what you are trying to say. I would rather just have Halo 1-3 then see the franchise slowly fizzle out with subpar game after subpar game. I don't want to die though, I would rather see it return to its former self.

I really don't have any complaints about you though, you consistently hit the nail on the head. It’s a much better read then “OMG itz teh suck”.
I don't have any complaints about me either.

"I think in the first mission [in Episode 6], especially within the first 10 seconds, we're going to be doing things that we never did the first time around, and I think that's pretty exciting from the design perspective," he said. "We always like to do new things. You never want to the same thing over and over again.

Broadswords? Broadswords confirmed.

Master_JO

Banned
Wishing a franchise to die is the most childish thing ever.

I love Halo. I hope you understand how much I love the serie. It hurts seeing someone screws with it.

The core of Halo is something people really believe in and enjoy. It is too valuable for us to screw it up.

I love Halo. I hope you understand how much I love the serie. It hurts seeing someone screws with it.

The core of Halo is something people really believe in and enjoy. It is too valuable for us to screw it up.

Something here seems off...

Master_JO

Banned
I know what you are trying to say. I would rather just have Halo 1-3 then see the franchise slowly fizzle out with subpar game after subpar game. I don't want to die though, I would rather see it return to its former self.

Thats is what I'm trying to say. I am just Frustrated seeing Halo in 4th place after only 3 months from its release. I can accept COD being in first place but beaten by mincraft and FIFA? when did that ever happend?

People got chased away by implementing alot of things that doesn't belong in HALO.

Havok

That Ellis interview Enzo posted has me feeling good. :)
Yeah, seeing them talk about conscious efforts to introduce more variety is great. I desperately hope that both smart encounter design and more well-considered enemy spawning come along with it though, or I won't be able to jump on board. I want Spartan Ops to succeed so badly, but it fell very flat in the first few weeks.

It's alright, too often all of us here (myself included) forget that everyone here is a fan of the series and wants to see this series thrive. Many of us are disappointed but it doesn't do any of us good to fight against ourselves when the future of the franchise is what we should now be concerned about.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Video games consists of pushing buttons, and Halo 4 haters complain about pushing buttons in Spartan Ops. wow haloGAF will complain about anything

TheOddOne

Video games consists of pushing buttons, and Halo 4 haters complain about pushing buttons. wow haloGAF will complain about anything
There are enough way to push the player forward without having to push a button, though. While every alternative might seem or feel the same, they do prevent the feeling of repetition.

You know there's something wrong with the halo community when things like this are being said.

Top Bottom