• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46571561#post46571561

New HaloGAF Radio. Please leave feedback in the official thread. Thanks!

halogaf-radio.jpg

Computer

Team regicide would be a fun game if randoms actually knew how the fuck to play it. I don't understand why every time I play people just run around like the shit is slayer. I hate being the king because I have kill sign on my head and no one helping me out.

Team regicide what be a fun game if randoms actually knew how the fuck to play it. I don't understand why every time I play people just run around like the shit is slayer. I hate being the king because I have kill sign on my head and no one helping me out.
Yeah Team Regicide is one of my favorite game modes in Halo 4, but when ever I'm king my teammates leave me for dead and when ever they're king they run out in the open and die. It's still really fun though.

blamite

Late February for file sharing, really? I kind of hate to complain about this even more, but still, The game came out in early November. That's literally almost four months to get a feature that's existed since Halo 3's launch five years ago.

I'm betting file shares will be on some dumb webapp type thing too, rather that a simple easy to use interface like we want. :/

Late February for file sharing, really? I kind of hate to complain about this even more, but still, The game came out in early November. That's literally almost four months to get a feature that's existed since Halo 3's launch five years ago.

I'm betting file shares will be on some dumb webapp type thing too, rather that a simple easy to use interface like we want. :/

Late JAN for in game file shares.

Late FEB for waypoint web file shares.

Yea that's if it doesn't get pushed back to early march. Remember when this was supposed to be ready in December?

Tawpgun

Late JAN for in game file shares.

Late FEB for waypoint web file shares.

Oh damn I didn't realize this.

Waypoint web file shares are the most important.

Ugh. So they mentioned the reason it was late was because they were doing something new with it... I hope it was something significant...

Oh damn I didn't realize this.

Waypoint web file shares are the most important.

Ugh. So they mentioned the reason it was late was because they were doing something new with it... I hope it was something significant...

I'm curious if they have some new functionality or services e.g. rendering videos, sharing/rating videos, tagging etc.

Havok

February Waypoint thing needs Youtube rendering. Bungie Pro was neat for its time, but feature parity with the competition needs to happen.

Except its nothing like that at all, and its actually interesting watching how they built the car.

Just like occasionally I find myself watching Senior or Junior build their bikes, I don't even ride road bikes but find the process interesting. After watching the Raptor it was like that but with Halo infused in there. I could care less about playing the Infinity tourney to actually win the Raptor but I do enjoy the videos now.

I gave it 5 minutes but he pulled out a phone to time spawns with (I have to admit giggling at that, yes I know it's a thing but with recent loadouts/powerups/spawns chatter I found this laughable) and also was booting potential players for their ping as he understands how much this affects gameplay, 100ms too much for his LAN tastes I suppose. I wish posters/players would give latency its place beyond all other game features/design decisions like Orge2 just did. LAN FTW, still remember carting PC (monitor and all) to friends houses for weekends of Quake or Doom II or Warcraft or Duke or Rise of the Triad or C&C or Red Alert. Man am I surprised 5 mins of Orge2 just loading a classic LAN game like Halo 1 and I get all nostalgic for those days, even pre Halo LAN games. Wow.

Top Bottom