• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Redford

aka Cabbie
I'd like to have Didact fighting with me in Halo 5/6
looking like this.

I think it pretty much has to now.

Maybe they've just confused 'competitive' with 'repetitive' lol

(Also, Hello world, this is my first post on GAF)

Welcome. You've come at an interesting time.

Thanks everybody :D

And I had to use a terrible meme - it's my first post. Can't set the bar too high now lol

At least you knew.

On a random note Bulletstorm's co-op mode is the strangest and most wildly hilarious game type I think I've ever played. Its pure co-op insanity.

I doubt we'll play much of it, as the wave after wave after wave design does kindof get old, but hot damn is that game a breath of fresh air.

On a random note Bulletstorm's co-op mode is the strangest and most wildly hilarious game type I think I've ever played. Its pure co-op insanity.

I doubt we'll play much of it, as the wave after wave after wave design does kindof get old, but hot damn is that game a breath of fresh air.

Bulletstorm was the best shooter of it's year. I loved that game so much. And while the wave based mode is fun in co-op, it gets a bit "slow" as you get to later waves because you are pretty much forced to kill certain enemies in certain ways to move on. I always though it's wave based mode was more fun when played alone.

Bulletstorm was the best shooter of it's year. I loved that game so much. And while the wave based mode is fun in co-op, it gets a bit "slow" as you get to later waves because you are pretty much forced to kill certain enemies in certain ways to move on. I always though it's wave based mode was more fun when played alone.
Will have to give that a shot solo. But damn if the co-op had some unique moments:

*shooting, explosions*
"OK, I'm going to pull that guy over and kick him, and then YOU kick him, OK?"
*reloading, kicking some dude*
"We both kick him?"
*kicking a guy into spikes, power sliding*
"yeah, I'll kick then you kick"
*kicking an explosive barrel into the face of a mini-boss*
"OK"
*using a leash to pull enemy from across the map, only for both of us to stop and stare as he gets sucked into a ceiling turbine fan, raining blood everywhere*
"Oops"
*lmao*

Will have to give that a shot solo. But damn if the co-op had some unique moments:

*shooting, explosions*
"OK, I'm going to pull that guy over and kick him, and then YOU kick him, OK?"
*reloading, kicking some dude*
"We both kick him?"
*kicking a guy into spikes, power sliding*
"yeah, I'll kick then you kick"
*kicking an explosive barrel into the face of a mini-boss*
"OK"
*uses leash to pull enemy from across the map, only to watch him get sucked into a ceiling turbine fan, raining blood everywhere*
"Oops"
*lmao*
It's fun when that stuff happens naturally, but eventually the game will force you to kill enemies in very particular ways in order to progress.

Homeboyd

haha congrats dude and that sounds right, I might get back to work once I get over how frustrating H4 forge is.

Blueprint's new layout made me feel dizzy lol
It's not our fault! B.next has a few nice additions, but when I think about how perfect the old forums were... It makes me sad.

So hard to manage threads and content now. Keeping up with discussions is a lost cause with the reply order backwards. I hope they add some of the new (useful) features to the old forums. They were so much better then.

Halo 4 = False Idol
Frankie = Commissioner Gordon
John Howard = Batman

Every time I see this name I hope his new job is at 343. Wherever he is there, he's a creative director, so if he's at 343 going from Josh Holmes to him as creative director is like going from Adam Morrison to Kobe Bryant.

Also, 343 needs to bring in Jaime Griesemer. I'm going to keep saying this until it happens.

Wow. That's really kickass.

That's awesome, where is that from?

Yeah, I'd want his New Found Alliance with humans dialogue to be sorta like this:

"The Sins of Forerunner Ascendancy Casts Over Us. My actions and intent was blinded by hatred. We've railed against your kind for far too long. Humanity stands with the Galaxy, just as your ancestors had done bravely before you. We're no longer the Guardians of the Mantle - THAT responsibility is left upon you, Reclaimer.

I see now they were right all along."

Fuchsdh

qnniC.gif

Joking aside, welcome! just not a fan of memes is all (at least overused ones)

Responding to "I don't like memes" with an animated GIF is just a wee bit ironic, no?

Halo thought: SWAT is the only time I ever feel like they should have brought back the DMR. Like the option for different styles (though I think on most maps BR definitely is king, and pistol is no slouch either--getting a overkill off a clip is fun.)

Spec Ops: The Line thought: this game is more frustrating than most Halo games at high difficulties. Third person shooters just seem to be that way to me.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
IT'S LIKE RAIIIIINNNNNNNN

Getting on Halo 4. Join me, dear friends.

Edit : Oh yeah, and I wanted to ask again -- should I only have access to two specializations at this point? I only have wetwork and operator, and now I'm at level 70, unable to rank up.

Havok

That Spartan Ops walkthrough was interesting. That environment looks like it could be pretty fun to fight in, though we'll see how it holds up when reused. The Legendary enemy count seems more manageable for solo players. The issue continues to be the composition of those enemies. Seeing him hit a button, then turn around and have his team get blasted without warning from two offscreen fuel rod wielders, or seeing yet another gold fuel rod Elite drop into the level like we've seen Spartan Ops do a thousand times just does not look like any fun at all to me. The fuel rod has been used in an interesting way like...twice in the entire series. Slapping it on a bunch of enemies in Spartan Ops isn't one of those instances. There weren't as many in that video as before, which is promising, but I'd rather they be saved for special moments instead of...oh, another dropship full of another enemy wave. I don't care at all how many buttons we press as long as the encounters are well designed.

Omni

CST. That was what the initial posts said. What server are we all getting on? Also, are we using Mumble or Team Speak?

You guys already been on? I thought it was EST (which would've been 7am here) and being a Sunday I slept through it :\

Seeing him hit a button, then turn around and have his team get blasted without warning from two offscreen fuel rod wielders, or seeing yet another gold fuel rod Elite drop into the level like we've seen Spartan Ops do a thousand times just does not look like any fun at all to me. The fuel rod has been used in an interesting way like...twice in the entire series. Slapping it on a bunch of enemies in Spartan Ops isn't one of those instances.
Agreed 100%. The fuel rod seems to be the go-to crutch to add difficulty, but more than anything just adds annoyance.

Edit: Speaking of added difficulty, I'd love to see a legendary and mythic difficulty in Halo 5 that doesn't in any way depend upon buffing enemy health, shields or weaponry. Add difficulty by adding more enemies, in more cunning combinations and positions, with more intelligent, ruthless and aggressive AI. Enable us to use the entire sandbox, regardless of difficulty, while rewarding and reinforcing clever play. Its a shame to see weapons that are truly useless on some difficulties. Its even worse to fly around in a rice-paper banshee while the enemy one requires a nuke to take down.

Some great posts today everyone.

RIP MLG Halo.

Kittens, I think you should have more specializations by now...

I'll be on later tonight like I was last night.

That looks.....fun? Wtf. I now want to play Spartan Ops! Cool stuff.

Yeah, besides the button pressing, the actual playspace and encounters look a lot better here. I just wish the Elites would be a little more sneaky and tactical rather than sprinting straight at you all the time. Knights should act like Brute Chieftains in Halo 3, ordering their watchers and crawlers. Then again, that's just one part of one chapter, so we'll see how it works out, because season 1.0 basically just dumped 45 enemies with fuel rods and binary rifles directly on top of you and said here's some rockets, go nuts. It's like Halo: Fiesta, rather than something deliberate. This looks a hell of a lot more deliberate, and I'm excited about Monday.

JB1981

I got 30 kills in a Reach slayer game today. First time ever. It was against total scrubs but it felt good. Reach is the first Halo game I am actually pretty good at. I rarely ever went positive in Halo 3.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Kittens, I think you should have more specializations by now...

I'll be on later tonight like I was last night.
I won't be on tonight. My housemate is having a stupid hippie trance party, and I'm staying the night at a friend's house. I have a very low tolerance for hippies. And trance music.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The future of Halo maytchmaking is in your haynds, Reclaimer.

There are a good amount of hands other than mine.

But yes, when this playlist drops, feel free to slam me but at least keep that shit constructive. I know if I were in your shoes though, I probably wouldn't find much to complain about. PM me, tweet me or just post here.

Omni

Well, I sent requests to people that expressed interest in Halo 2 Vista. Accept it and join me in a party sometime today I guess?

What's your gamertag? I didn't get a request (though I'm not sure if you knew my GT... which is randomrosso93)

Off Topic

I just played the God Of War Ascension Demo (thread is floating around on gaf if you guys want to download) and I'm flawed by the graphics.

It looks better than GoW3

Off Topic

I just played the God Of War Ascension Demo (thread is floating around on gaf if you guys want to download) and I'm flawed by the graphics.

Looks great, but its kinda boring.. the gameplay just feels so.. meh. I <3 GoW and GoW2, but 3 just didn't do it for me and this is the same.

Man this sucks. I'm not really dedicated to any shooters right now. CS:GO was terrible and only got attention because Valve. Battlefield 3 is the Reach equivalent to the Battlefield series. If I prestige one more time in a CoD game, I'm going to go crazy. The playlists management in Halo 4 is holding that game back tremendously and Virgin sure is helping.

I fucking love spending a year straight playing a shooter. Quake III, CS 1.6, CS Source, BF 1942, BF2, CoD2, Halo 2, Halo 3, GoW were all games I played more than I like to admit. Am I just getting out of touch or is the AAA FPS genre severely lacking right now?

Off Topic

I may be jaded, or maybe I just don't like many first party titles on any platform, but man I played the original GoW and haven't touched them since. Combat had zero depth regardless of difficulty. Maybe I'll give the demo a spin and see if anything's radically changed.

Man this sucks. I'm not really dedicated to any shooters right now. CS:GO was terrible and only got attention because Valve. Battlefield 3 is the Reach equivalent to the Battlefield series. If I prestige one more time in a CoD game, I'm going to go crazy. The playlists management in Halo 4 is holding that game back tremendously and Virgin sure is helping.

I fucking love spending a year straight playing a shooter. Quake III, CS 1.6, CS Source, BF 1942, BF2, CoD2, Halo 2, Halo 3, GoW were all games I played more than I like to admit. Am I just getting out of touch or is the AAA FPS genre severely lacking right now?

Try Hawken or Planetside 2

While disappointed its a prequel and its easy to get fatigued with these hack and slash games (MGR is weeks away) Playing the demo impressed me that enough to but the game day 1.

I feel back in love with the combat straight away.

Be interesting if this was not just a cut and dry prequel and this game had an impact on GoW3 and future titles.

It's on the playstation store right?

Looks great, but its kinda boring.. the gameplay just feels so.. meh. I <3 GoW and GoW2, but 3 just didn't do it for me and this is the same.

While disappointed its a prequel and its easy to get fatigued with these hack and slash games (MGR is weeks away) Playing the demo impressed me that enough to but the game day 1.

I feel back in love with the combat straight away.

Be interesting if this was not just a cut and dry prequel and this game had an impact on GoW3 and future titles.

Moa

Halo 4 Hacker

Guy managed to mod his weapon so it fired Ordnance pods, and at one point, call down about 50 Rail Gun ordnances, which killed the frame rate.

Although it sucks, it is quite funny to watch.
If anyone wants to see the non-iPhone 5 recorded version, you can D/L it off my File Share from 'The Little Moa'.
File is titled 'Halo 4 Hacker'.

Omni

Awesome stuff. A bunch of randoms on a random server all helped out and got me the killtac achievement in H2.

Just have to get three more and then I'm done!

Top Bottom