• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

FyreWulff

QGpwFgs.jpg

Nebula

Or give us that Classic playlist we've been wanting.

which essentially fixes gameplay

We can dream! I'm sure they said we would have one at some point anyway. It's just a matter of when.

Edit: Speaking of classic stuff, that Lockout remake is pretty shocking. Where on earth did that huge hole come from at the door to BR1? Also it doesn't play at all well in Halo 4. Jet pack and DMR run that map.

Still think DMR should be a map pick up and ordnance drop only in its current form. Really needs to have a lower kill time than the BR and the Carbine, and only really fill that long range role.

Lockout (or this remake at least) really brings out the worst of the DMR.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Top Live games of 2012. (Not this month's activity, this is for all of 2012)

http://majornelson.com/2013/01/22/top-games-of-2012/

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Halo 4
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops
FIFA Soccer 13
FIFA Soccer 12
Battlefield 3
Halo: Reach
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Borderlands 2
Assassin’s Creed III
Skyrim
Madden NFL 13
Gears of War 3
NBA 2K13
NBA 2K12
Far Cry 3
Grand Theft Auto IV
Forza Motorsport 4

Pretty solid showing for Halo 4 being that it was only there for a few months.

That's it. The internet has reached its pinnacle. There is no higher apex to attain.

This has been said as many times or more as people who have quit HaloGAF.

High Charitizzle

DSC08050.jpg

Dude you got File Shares working?!

--

I wish there were Campaign/SpOps population stats. I wonder how many people buy the game and just play that. I've heard half, but is it half at launch, or half a year from launch, or half on average, or whatever...

Karl2177

It's pretty good. And I don't want to be Debbie Downer here, but it's based on average UUs per day. So over the span of 8 weeks, Halo 4 managed to keep a higher user count than Minecraft did over 30 weeks or so.

Also had fun in the Forge list today. Finally got to play on Despair. It has a good design, but the Boltshot in the initial ordnance seems kinda silly. It also helps my impression when I get 6 snapshots.

I'm still not a fan of Scythe. The spawns coupled with the room to room combat just make it feel more hectic. I still love Simplex. Halo 4's gameplay makes Lockout less fun. Also personal ordnance needs to be changed ASAP.

Tried some forge maps and they're actually good, only problem I see is people getting incinerator cannons and bi-rifles.

Despair looks like a turd, I have yet to see a decent looking map made on Erosion, so much brown and ugly green.

Will hop on later to try Simplex, it's getting lots of praises.

oh and get rid of the Boltshot.

Get rid of that capital 'P'. Brings back bad memories.

DnvHBRJ.jpg

Ascension in Halo 2 was brilliant. Reach's gameplay didn't work with the map too good.

On erosion i think it is, the satelite from the centre of Ascension is a forge piece so im sure there will be a remake eventually. Would love to see it in a classic playlist.

No sprint, AAs etc.

FyreWulff

but damn forge world > halo 4 forge environments.

ascension/pinnacle remake in 4 looks horrendous.

They seriously just need to throw in a direct port of Forge World alongside one of the map packs, or re-release it as a free map.

Forgers will thank 343 for this

Nebula

They seriously just need to throw in a direct port of Forge World alongside one of the map packs, or re-release it as a free map.

Forgers will thank 343 for this

Are you sure? At the time Forge World got a lot of hate for being a waste of space and that a lot of the map was pretty useless when it came to making a map.

I think it would be better if we got a flatland map that lot of people have wanted for some time. I wouldn't mind Halo 4 having Forge World but it would need a large flat area.

willow ve

Top Live games of 2012. (Not this month's activity, this is for all of 2012)

http://majornelson.com/2013/01/22/top-games-of-2012/

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Halo 4
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops
FIFA Soccer 13
FIFA Soccer 12
Battlefield 3
Halo: Reach
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Borderlands 2
Assassin’s Creed III
Skyrim
Madden NFL 13
Gears of War 3
NBA 2K13
NBA 2K12
Far Cry 3
Grand Theft Auto IV
Forza Motorsport 4

Pretty solid showing for Halo 4 being that it was only there for a few months.

It's pretty good. And I don't want to be Debbie Downer here, but it's based on average UUs per day. So over the span of 8 weeks, Halo 4 managed to keep a higher user count than Minecraft did over 30 weeks or so.

Yep - list is based off of Unique Users per day that the title has been released. So MW3 averaged more players per day over the entire span of 2012 than Halo 4 has managed to do in eight weeks time.

Also interesting to note that BF3 performed better than Reach over the span of the year.

Ascension in Halo 2 was brilliant. Reach's gameplay didn't work with the map too good.

The last time I liked anything on Ascension was when it had the game variant Tower of Power in Halo 2. Those were good times.

That thing would have to come with an Xbox 360 included for it to make sense at $279 (on sale!)

So.. Spartan Ops season 1.5..

Its.... good?

Seriously, I had fun with this weeks chapters. The level design is a ton better, the encounters are better paced with less enemies and more importantly, less heavy enemies.. there were interesting things to do..well, I still pushed too many buttons and I really didn't follow the story, but the gameplay was fun! Its not perfect, but I am certainly feeling it a lot more now. I have high hopes, maybe Spartan Ops will continue to improve.

Btw, WTF is a Harvester? Why have we never heard of it before now, and why do the UNSC act like its a known thing (just like that new flying ship). I really wouldn't be surprised if it was something cut from SP...it just seems like a really big and random thing to introduce out of nowhere.c

That actually looks pretty neat.. I suppose that's a good way to visually break up a map and indicate what team side is what.

I still find Forge to be a let down, it falls into the same visual trappings as Halo Reach and only looks marginally better.

Overdoziz

Banned
Figured as much. :p

Still impressive as hell that Halo 4 and Blops 2 both beat their predecessors even though their predecessors had like 9 months on them.
"Based on average UU's per day" Doesn't that mean it just looks at the average amount of UU's that have gotten on per day from the point that it's been released? So not the total amount of UU's across the year.

willow ve

Figured as much. :p

Still impressive as hell that Halo 4 and Blops 2 both beat their predecessors even though their predecessors had like 9 months on them.

"Based on average UU's per day" Doesn't that mean it just looks at the average amount of UU's that have gotten on per day from the point that it's been released? So not the total amount of UU's across the year.

Yeah - that's how Major Nelson's blog post reads. It's based on UU averaged per day since they were released.

This actually should skew the data toward titles that were released later in the year as they only have to maintain their numbers for a month or so as compared to other titles that had to have a higher user base for the full calendar year.

Top Bottom