• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

He means that the fruits of the Country (accolades for Bungie's games) belong to the whole team, not a single individual on the team.

The tone of the article seems to indicate that Marty is withdrawn from the rest of team whereas everyone else (sans one loud guy) is out in the same area.

To add to that, Joseph McCarthy was a leading anti-communist in the US during the 1950s. He was a Republican senator who is infamous for his internal investigations. He investigated all sorts of suspected communists in the US. Ultimately he was censured from the Senate. His methods were questioned by the Democrats as well as some of the Republicans and he ended up stepping on the wrong toes which sealed his condemnation.

This is where the term McCarthyism comes from.

I thoroughly enjoy U.S. History and politics.

Halo 4 is hardly competitive enough to warrant a ranking system anyway. Its not like slapping a ranking system will suddenly make people flock to it, if anything it would be more frustrating to have to deal with AA's and boltshots and random ordnance when you are playing to win.

I doubt there will ever be a playlist that really captures that competitive feel, so im pretty indifferent to a ranking system, even if it was implemented properly. Of course my tone may change when its out, or after the TU, or if they bring out a solid competitive playlist, but right now I wouldn't want to play ranked.

Halo 4 is hardly competitive enough to warrant a ranking system anyway. Its not like slapping a ranking system will suddenly make people flock to it, if anything it would be more frustrating to have to deal with AA's and boltshots and random ordnance when you are playing to win.

I doubt there will ever be a playlist that really captures that competitive feel, so im pretty indifferent to a ranking system, even if it was implemented properly.

Agreed.

I thought you were changing your name to Xand.

Gui_PT

Hello HaloSaltyGAF

Does anyone know the cheapest place for me to get the Limited Edition of the game?

Non-online, of course

Hello HaloSaltyGAF

Does anyone know the cheapest place for me to get the Limited Edition of the game?

Non-online, of course

Its gone up in price on Amazon :(

I wouldn't recommend it though, all the digital stuff can be seen online (you would never use them, it was an emblem, an AR skin, armour skin and some avatar items), the advantage of perks is now long gone, the case is cool but not enough to warrant the cost and the extra fiction pieces are fairly meh. The booklet that came with the LE is akin to a themed game manual.

Game stores are pretty expensive, the standard edition of Halo 4 dropped to half its price rapidly though, may be worth getting that instead.

Agreed.

I thought you were changing your name to Xand.

Would have been funny, but it would be too immature even of me to do that. :p Wanted to keep something recognisable so people could still see who the hell I was.

TCKaos

This time next year, no one is going to be playing Halo 4. And the funny thing is, Microsoft have already planned it out. Their DLC strategy doesn't even stretch beyond the initial first year. Just like COD.

I'm fairly certain that I read in an interview that most modern titles sell the most in the first two weeks of availability. If the game doesn't sell in the first two weeks, it won't sell. That's what the industry watches. Those two first weeks. Halo 4 probably sold a great deal in those two weeks, so they're just trying to get people to get ready for Halo 5's first two weeks. The only reason we're getting post-launch support in Microsoft's eyes is to retain the audience from Halo 4's first two weeks to Halo 5's first two weeks.

Gui_PT

Its gone up in price on Amazon :(

I wouldn't recommend it though, all the digital stuff can be seen online (you would never use them, it was an emblem, an AR skin, armour skin and some avatar items), the advantage of perks is now long gone, the case is cool but not enough to warrant the cost and the extra fiction pieces are fairly meh. The booklet that came with the LE is akin to a themed game manual.

Game stores are pretty expensive, the standard edition of Halo 4 dropped to half its price rapidly though, may be worth getting that instead.

Would have been funny, but it would be too immature even of me to do that. :p Wanted to keep something recognisable so people could still see who the hell I was.

What about the DLC maps?

Monsterfracas has been trying to sell his limited for months...

With all the codes used, I assume. And I is in Europeland

Gui_PT

Good point, if you can find it for cheap it may be worth it - right now im pretty sure the map pack pass + standard edition is still cheaper, but you may get lucky with a cheap LE.

If u give me the pass, I'll get the standard edition

Consider it your way to pay for that romantic halo night by the river

Um, so I'm playing through the fifth mission in episode 6 of SpOps and I'm on the objective "Clear out the Prometheans", I cleared out all the Prometheans and then nothing happens after that. Been walking around for 10+ minutes, no objectives.
SHIP IT

Speaking of which, anyone else find it funny (and unsurprising given the lack of narrative quality for SpOps) that the Prometheans don't appear to have any purpose being there in SpOps, they just show up and attack you.

DeadNames

Banned
You literally just said it was a good map. How do you not remember?

I could have gotten the name wrong... I played it about an hour ago.

Yeah.

We need Forge maps that incorporate more of the actual environments and don't just use Forge pieces for the entire layout/foundation.

The problem with this is that all of the forge environments are extremely rugged and aren't flat.

I think we were asking for flat environments for Forge since Reach...

Is it the one that is on Erosion? I can't remember.

Yeah.

We need Forge maps that incorporate more of the actual environments and don't just use Forge pieces for the entire layout/foundation.

You literally just said it was a good map. How do you not remember?

Oh hush, you know why that played out the way it did.

I could have gotten the name wrong... I played it about an hour ago.

The problem with this is that all of the forge environments are extremely rugged and aren't flat.

I think we were asking for flat environments for Forge since Reach...

Agreed, but we didn't get them lol. The Forge environments should have some focus on appealing to players. Who the heck wants to play on Forge maps that are entirely made of similar looking pieces?

The main thing I run into are performance issues on Forge maps, which sometimes makes player input slow -- meaning when things get hectic weapon pickups become a hassle.. Almost as bad as playing splitscreen.

Don't know if that is what you're encountering though.

Hmm maybe that's it. I'll have to pay attention next time and see if longer holds will pick up the weapon.

If that is the brown looking one where the Hill always spawns in the middle, then I agree.

My two issues...

I usually find that I'm fighting battles from 3 directions bcause of where players spawn. I also find that there is no incentive to move to the middle because you can just sit in those long halls facing top mid and wait for sniper to respawn every 5 seconds.

More importantly, the map makes the game play like molasses. It runs poorly.

Yep, that's the one.

Agreed with all your points, and through an orientation issue in there as well because everytime I spawn it's looking a shitty low-res forge wall, and I have no idea where I am.

------------------------

Finished that SpOps mission, it just magically fixed itself after running around for 20 minutes. Episode 6 was without a doubt the best episode of SpOps, but I still wasn't glued to my screen in any way.

-----------------------

New War Games peak population low set again today for the third day in a row.

Ryanoh

Neo Member
Hi I'm new here, I've been lurking these forums for a while and now my account is approved I can actually post so hello. I really enjoy playing all the halo games and I look forward to talking about them with you guys. :)

orznge

Banned
Hi I'm new here, I've been lurking these forums for a while and now my account is approved I can actually post so hello. I really enjoy playing all the halo games and I look forward to talking about them with you guys. :)

which one is your favorite

I am a Halo fanboy all haloes are good.

Look if anyone has a spare maps pass or whatever it's called, i'll just get the standard edition and we'll bang

Just find someone who hasn't used the code yet and do the download trick so you can both have it.

which one is your favorite

There is only one correct answer and one answer for partial credit.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i just wanted to chime in - lockout, with camo and boltshot, and sprint, and hardlight shield, and jet pack fucking suuuuucks.

and i'm a slurper

Computer

I don't understand why they are going to put a ranking system on all playlist. My hope was that they would create a few unique playlist for the ranking system that does not have JIP. How can you even think about being competitive when you are thrown into a game that ends in 5 kills win or loose. When I play Halo 4 I don't even care if I win and its a weird feeling. I have resorted to just focusing on my own KD witch is selfish but there is nothing about Halo that make me feel competitive about winning.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Don't bother with the maps, Gui. The first map pack was awful.

Top Bottom