• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

willow ve

More Frankles:

:/

I'm still not buying that. Thankfully the monitor I game on is just my second computer monitor, so it's a non issue. But the app is more or less non-functional on my phone so I feel for the people who don't have any convenient ways of checking.

Hoping they'll come around eventually, still excited about this news. Best news since the game launched, really.

If they really want to crop out he boosting, derankers, etc. that supposedly "were overrunning the game" or some other hyperbole about Halo 3 etc., then they just need to add in a monthly drop off. It can be as simple as the first day of every month EVERY single "50" is just reset to a "49" - you either fight your way back to a 50 that month or you just sit at 49 for the rest of the life on your account.

That would virtually eliminate the entire second hand market for "buying a 50" and you would build in some incentive for players to return to playlists month after month.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
More Frankles:

:/
Thank god Frankie understands, I hope it's never introduced in-game for that exact reason. Scumbags and people playing for the sole purpose to wave their dicks be damned. I respect any effort to lessen the effects of those folks.

Suddenly, I have so much more hope for the future of Halo.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Thank god Frankie understands, I hope it's never introduced in-game for that exact reason. Scumbags and people playing for the sole purpose to wave their dicks be damned. I respect any effort to lessen the effects of those folks.

You're missing the point. There's more than one way to solve this "problem".

A potential solution already suggested is that while ingame, you can only see your own rank. To see others' you'd have to check Waypoint.

I'd take that compromise. I just like to be able to track how I'm doing without having to use more than one device.

Same here. And even without this playlists news, it was still a great day for Halo. AGL did a great job covering the Halo tournament today and show a promising future with the series. Looking forward to following them like I did with MLG.

As for this booster stuff, I do admit that they were more prevalent in Halo 2 & 3 with ranks, but who really cares? Taking out ranks doesn't match the small benefit of getting rid of boosters that hardly affected the game.

RUMOR: The 2016 Olympic Committee has decided to do away with placements and medals in order to curb doping

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You're missing the point. There's more than one way to solve this "problem".

A potential solution already suggested is that while ingame, you can only see your own rank. To see others' you'd have to check Waypoint.

I'd take that compromise. I just like to be able to track how I'm doing without having to use more than one device.
Thats hardly any different, but would be a better compromise and more optimal solution.

The main component I am championing here is that people can't see other's ranks in-game. They could've totally done it that way like in the past, but I am so very glad they didn't so that we don't see as of an exponential increase in boosting.

J10

Banned
They'd do well to take the word Pro out of the playlist name. Just call it Team Slayer. And put it at the top of the list.

IHaveIce

Banned
Why not something like Ranked Slayer.

Team Hardcore, Slayer Pro or Competive Slayer will just drive the casuals away and scare them.

just Team Slayer would probably the best.

FyreWulff

Name it "Real Halo". Rename all other playlists "Fake Halo".

That is jtaged consoles. I'm talking for people who get banned from Halo MM only.

You wonder why they bother banning all the way to 9999 when a console Halo game isn't going to work online more than 6 years after it's release

zap

Please just name it 'team slayer' and put it right at the top of the list. Now let's see how much the brand recognition comes into play.

Why are you still here if this is such an issue for you? This is 2013. That battle was lost a long time ago.

He's right about Sprint. Increase player movement if you have too but Sprint should be gone. It is to easy to escape and its not needed. It totally killed bumper jumper because you no longer need to worry about movement when you can just run away.

But then how will you browse your extensive hentai collection mid-match?

4vAzjNY.jpg

mhi

The most important part of this playlist is that players are matched up according to their CSR and how its calcuated being made somehow transparent.

Top Bottom