• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

In terms of Halo 4, do we even know how Megalo functions and what it can do?

They can fix respawn times and remove sprint for starters. I believe that they could change the damage values for weapons as well.

I'm most interested to know if they could enable dropping the flag and turn off auto-pickup. If they have the assault bomb model in the .map files then they should be able to create an assault game type.

Really, at this point, I'd rather them just recompile the .map files with markers for Race, VIP, and assault and release that as part of the TU.

FyreWulff

How that UI would appear on most 360 owner's TVs (actual res):

kUgemJX.jpg

I could list off several people in the community that 343 should hire. This is a really good mock up. Also, Cyren:
Edit: What map are they playing at AGL right now? Tashi/Cyren, I would really like to see this map in the next Forge Test.
I did not catch the name of the map but they were just playing CTF on it before the match on Haven.

How that UI would appear on most 360 owner's TVs (actual res):

kUgemJX.jpg
Still, it is a good start for a mock up.

Haven is such a great map, wtf happened with the others?
No idea. Haven is great, except for the fact that they managed to mess up the spawns.

CyReN

dzQtb0X.png

I'll let you all stare at that image for a moment.

[1/19/2013 10:23:05 PM] CyReN: change the team name
[1/19/2013 10:25:23 PM] Muggsy : We didn't choose the team name
[1/19/2013 10:25:27 PM] Muggsy: the team name chose us.

Purplemage

Neo Member
You know I've never understood why the standard warthog wasn't given a
buff considering how strong everything else in the game has become.
The gauss hog certainly doesn't need any improvements but maybe giving
the standard hog a damage resistance would make it a bit more even to go
against the gauss and other vehicles.

You know I've never understood why the standard warthog wasn't given a
buff considering how strong everything else in the game has become.
The gauss hog certainly doesn't need any improvements but maybe giving
the standard hog a damage resistance would make it a bit more even to go
against the gauss and other vehicles.

tumblr_m8jhc9Cz3r1qij6fb.gif

:']
RIP Halo maps

Despite all of its flaws, Halo 2 was such a phenomenal gaming experience.

wwm0nkey

Either this with more gametype information... (Is that so hard to do Bungie and 343? I really don't understand it.)

...or this:

With an active roster.

Halo 2 UI with active roster would seriously be a god send. Seriously just look at that Halo 2 UI...ALL THAT INFO RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU!
(Seriously why did that ever change?)

Overdoziz

Banned
Why isn't Halo 4's "active roster" in alphabetical order?
Why isn't Halo 4's active roster actually active?

--

Also, Reach MLG is one of the best Halos. With better non-Forge maps, faster recharging shields, weaker grenades and a 4-shot DMR with a slightly slower rate of fire it would be godly.

FyreWulff

Better description of title safe area. You avoid putting anything in the red area because it will be cropped off on a lot of TVs.

rzcMGDf.jpg

If someone wants to make a serious attempt at an alternate UI, it has to accomodate the title safe area.

I wish Halo would let you reposition the UI like other games do if you don't have overscan.

Uhhhh, so I am playing the campaign mission Composer, and I am just sort of exploring the area around the Composer. I bump into a Marine and he says something along the lines of, "It's a shame the Covenant killed Pvt. Dongblain, he was a good man." I lol'd

Overdoziz

Banned
I wish Halo would let you reposition the UI like other games do if you don't have overscan.
Alongside audio sliders and a Y-axis sensitivity option. I don't understand why basic stuff like that has never been in a Halo game. (Well, Halo Wars and probably the Halo PC games have audio sliders)

Why isn't Halo 4's active roster actually active?

Isnt it called the hidden roster or something?

So many questions and only one answer: 343.

Alongside audio sliders and a Y-axis sensitivity option. I don't understand why basic stuff like that has never been in a Halo game. (Well, Halo Wars and probably the Halo PC games have audio sliders)

Halo needs audio sliders. The 360 dashboard gamechat and game volume sliders do not work very well.

Better description of title safe area. You avoid putting anything in the red area because it will be cropped off on a lot of TVs.

rzcMGDf.jpg

If someone wants to make a serious attempt at an alternate UI, it has to accomodate the title safe area.

Which reminds me- everyone who plays on a flat panel should check their TV's settings to make sure they're getting zero overscan/1:1 pixel mapping. Anyone with a modern HDTV should be able to do this. You'll get a sharper/better image if you do, and in an FPS game, it's like getting a slight boost to FOV as well.

blamite

Which reminds me- everyone who plays on a flat panel should check their TV's settings to make sure they're getting zero overscan/1:1 pixel mapping. Anyone with a modern HDTV should be able to do this. You'll get a sharper/better image if you do, and in an FPS game, it's like getting a slight boost to FOV as well.

My TV has no option for overscan reduction of any kind. ;_;

If 343 is going to outsource anything for Halo 5, I'd like them to outsource a map pack of 10 remakes to CA. That way we get 10 "pixel perfect" remakes on day 1.

Sony Bravia somethingsomethingsomething, 5 or so years old. I actually have an option to add more overscan, but nothing to reduce what's already there. Believe me, I've looked. :/

Is it a flat panel (LCD- in Sony's case) or is it a projection TV? 5 years ago, Sony was still making lamp-based LCD and SXRD projection TV's. If you have one of those, you're hosed.

If you have a flat panel though, you should be able to hit 1:1 mapping- especially if it's a 1080p display. Depending upon the model, it may require accessing the service menu, but it would be surprising if you couldn't do it.

IHaveIce

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/rzcMGDf.jpg[IMG]

I wish Halo would let you reposition the UI like other games do if you don't have overscan.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, thanks for the explanation, I didn't know this.

Ok yeah then you're right the mock up wouldn't work.

Top Bottom