• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Ghazi

Bing.com/rewards and then you can make up to five rewards accounts on your IP. Each day you perform searches for credits. Across 4-5 accounts it doesn't even take more than a couple minutes each if you know how to do it quickly. You then redeem credits for a variety of items (I got Amazon gift cards). Unfortunately, I doubt you'll be able to get enough credits before this sale ends.

Don't try to abuse the system with multiple IP's. They'll catch you and put down the banhammer.

So after I got an account, my brother (in the same household) made an account and started searching too and he got banned 3 days later. This was like 5 months ago though.

So after I got an account, my brother (in the same household) made an account and started searching too and he got banned 3 days later. This was like 5 months ago though.

Yeah, they seem to ban people for strange reasons. Lots of times you can just turn off your router for the night, make some new email addresses, and give it another go. I don't know if this helps, but I use one of my accounts to make donations in hopes that they'll be lenient with me. Was your account banned as well? His device may have had a different IP than yours (are you using proxies or things of that nature?) and they may have read that as attempted abuse.

malfcn

Na. Just too lazy to click more times than I had to.

kROZr.gif

dGB1doW.gif

Tawpgun

It was already announced 2 bulletin's ago that that was going to be the fix.
Must of missed it then. The thing I remembered was "delayed because of a feature we were working on that we're very excited about" or something along those lines.

Either way, goddamn the development and some post launch stuff has been so sloppy.

malfcn

I will repeat that I think this episode was the best so far. One thing I noticed, almost all the doors had buttons next to them, but automatically opened. Intentional?

Madness

Once again late, but instead of such obvious indicators that a weapon has spawned like the suggestion of steitzer announcing it or it showing up in the hud, why not just have the ordnance drop as it does now, but regularly?

It adds another layer to being a good player. What I mean is, if we're on Valhalla, we see the ordnance spawn incoming. So in addition to knowing the timers, in case it slips your mind, you see it hurling down from the sky. Would make you more aware. Now naturally, it shouldn't kill you if you are over the spawn point, but I can see some hilarious situations where someone is going on a flag capture run on a warthog and ordnance incoming just blows them sky high.

And for the ordnance inside caves or bases, make it have some sort of audio cue that only those within a 5 meter range or super close can hear it. Like a loud metal thunk that the ordnance door opened or something.

Just a suggestion, I know it sounds weird, but when I thought about it, it makes sense for weapons to be dropped down in war games as opposed to just magically appearing. If you don't like people can die from it, make it so it just pushes someone underneath it away slightly.

And if you need additional help, much like the Palmer introductory vid, you can have a page of all the maps in war games. You get an overhead view and where the weapons spawn. Much like how gears showed the maps during loading. Pro players and newbs can learn the maps and spawns before even playing a match. Naturally you want to keep some skill involved so weapon times won't be known, people will have to learn how often a spartan laser spawns.

So yeah apparently this happened?
New logo is very nice, and I approve of simply naming it Xbox (a trend that is primed to be become common place in consumer electronics and tech in general with the demand of products being updated at a faster and faster pace).

Assuming that's real of course.
I get that, I'm just saying I was assuming it was gonna be something we hadn't seen before.

What in the first three months of Halo 4 made you think that?

gg unknown and other dudes.

fuckin' internet

ggs, I'd like to rotate you guys in with some people I play cereal with ;] Run those 4v4s breh

slrp

Grifball in this game is FUN. Sprint + ball throwing is magical and when shit goes right you feel like a champion. I was going to link a picture of my last game from Waypoint but I don't know how.. Photoshop a screencap of the site? zZz

What in the first three months of Halo 4 made you think that?

lol

Duji

being a person who has played multiple deathmatch games at a "serious" level, I can tell you with 100% certainty that being able to utilize spawn times without a hud element explicitly laying them out is a skill; I'd go on about short-term memory and mental agility but it's honestly not a huge deal compared to the rest of a game's design; if 343 told me that I could have movement/autoaim/magnetism that aren't complete ass in exchange for adding spawn timers to the hud I'd take their offer in an instant

Quake or UT?

Madness

I saw that leaked Xbox design thing. My cousin is good friends with a girl whose dad is a manager at Xbox division at MS. He told me about the Xbox 360 slim before word of it had been leaked.

She lives close to him and she told him her dad had brought the slim home, it's smaller, quieter. I wrote about it in the kotaku comments then and someone said I was lying because it was a friend of a friend scenario.

I feel like sending him an email and asking if he's still friends with her and to check whether or not she's seen or heard from her dad about the new Xbox, whether he's brought a working unit home, how close it is to launch.

FyreWulff

I like how every hypes up new consoles like they're mysterious. Then in another 5 years everyone will pretend the obvious isn't happening all over again

Madness

I like how every hypes up new consoles like they're mysterious. Then in another 5 years everyone will pretend the obvious isn't happening all over again

I won't lie, I get hyped every console release. You're a dev though so it's a bit different. You're used to working with dev kits, you probably have computers and tools at your disposal that make these consoles look like obsolete pieces of crap. I bet you've already probably seen and played with the orbis/durango dev kits? If not, I'm probably making an ass of myself with the assumptions.

But since the NES days, I get hyped over a new console. Now it's more streamlined, but I remember combing from n64 and psx, and wondering just how good they can make the next consoles etc. I won't lie, rogue squadron looked breathtaking on gamecube after playing the n64 version so much.

FyreWulff

I won't lie, I get hyped every console release. You're a dev though so it's a bit different. You're used to working with dev kits, you probably have computers and tools at your disposal that make these consoles look like obsolete pieces of crap. I bet you've already probably seen and played with the orbis/durango dev kits? If not, I'm probably making an ass of myself with the assumptions.

Nope. Haven't seen them yet. Only certain special devs get to work with them.

Of this wave, I've only meddled with Wii U, and I'll be getting my own kit for that later this year for something of my own.

I think YourExWife and/or Computron have better PCs than I do though. I have 16GB Ram/AMD Bulldozer/680 GTX, I think ExWife has 3 690s in an SLI config or something? I'm not willing to spend that much money on a dev PC yet. This was the first time I bought a video card and the google results for the issues I had were from "2 days ago"

People thinking this is going to be another almost 10 year long generation should be prepared to be disappointed though.

Although yeah, I get excited because I always look forward to what new controller Nintendo has cooked up for their next console. It's a bit boring when Sony just releases the same controller over and over again :(

Computron

Nope. Haven't seen them yet. Only certain special devs get to work with them.

Of this wave, I've only meddled with Wii U, and I'll be getting my own kit for that later this year for something of my own.

I think YourExWife and/or Computron have better PCs than I do though. I have 16GB Ram/AMD Bulldozer/680 GTX, I think ExWife has 3 690s in an SLI config or something? I'm not willing to spend that much money on a dev PC yet. This was the first time I bought a video card and the google results for the issues I had were from "2 days ago"

People thinking this is going to be another almost 10 year long generation should be prepared to be disappointed though.

Oh, me? Nah, I've been running a cluster of linux based PS3s. Supercomputer or bust, bro. :p

Although yeah, I get excited because I always look forward to what new controller Nintendo has cooked up for their next console. It's a bit boring when Sony just releases the same controller over and over again :(

Speaking of which, what controller changes are we betting on for the 720? I would love to have something/s special that would also be compatible the PC like the 360 one is now.

Biometrics, Motion Sensors, Physical Splitting, Built-in Recharging, Touchpads, Microphones, Screens, all up in this bitch, pls.

Please don't be the exact same large ass controller, or at least put the analogs side-by-side.

Speaking of which, what controller changes are we betting on for the 720? I would love to have something/s special that would also be compatible the PC like the 360 one is now.

Biometrics, Motion Sensors, Physical Splitting, Built-in Recharging, Touchpads, Microphones, Screens, all up in this bitch, pls.

Please don't be the exact same large ass controller, or at least put the analogs side-by-side.

getouttwq9p.gif

The offset analog sticks is one of the best parts of the controller!

FyreWulff

I'm going to guess Microsoft is going to implement gyro/accel/compass as standard, even if they just straight-refresh the controller. MS loves having parity function, hence why they have SmartGlass - it's so they can still have some of the Wii U features off multiplats.

It'll be interesting to see if Halo adopts any sort of motion or tilt for any actions or to augment them. They're running out of buttons at this rate, and you can only add so many buttons before people stop playing your console because the complexity has reached a level too high for them to give a shit about.

If you've ever played the Ninja star game on Nintendoland, it's gyro/accel/compass is fast and good enough that it feels like you're using it as an IR pointer, even though you're holding the controller sideways making it impossible to use the IR in any way.

edit: and yes I wish Nintendo had gone with offset sticks. MS adopted it from the GameCube, then Nintendo goes and makes them symmetrical :/

Computron

Eww ...No, I dislike the PS3 controller.

I am saying would like the option of a controller layout similar to this:

Qb4R0kx.png

Just leave the analog triggers (Don't know why Nintendo decided to have them be clicky)

Having a controller with this layout that could also be physically split in two and used for motion sensing could be pretty slick.

Overdoziz

Banned
The PS3 controller feels cheap as fuck, keep that shit outta here, please. If they just keep the 360 controller as is and make the D-Pad easier to use you're golden.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You guys remember Spartan Ops episode 5 CGI right? Someone noticed this when the Promethean Soul was activated.

Potential Spoiler
Whoaaaaaa

I still say that (campaign spoiler - tagged just in case)
Cortana
isn't dead.

The PS3 controller feels cheap as fuck, keep that shit outta here, please. If they just keep the 360 controller as is and make the D-Pad easier to use you're golden.
I'd like to see two secondary face buttons added, like the black and white buttons on the OG Xbox controller.

FyreWulff

It'll probably come pre-packaged with the February TU, much like how RB3 GonD comes prepackaged with TU5, which blocked a lot of methods of pirating songs.

Madness

Do people actually like downloading their games as opposed to going to the store and buying it? Or if you don't like it, why not just order it online from places like amazon and ship to mailbox?

Almost 90% of the time, games are cheaper to buy physically by the time they are on the marketplace for download.

I still have a worry that all these xbla games I have will be wasted once the new Xbox comes out and you can't transfer over purchases or those games won't be supported.

Top Bottom